Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I miss the old Reed. The one who was always in his lab experimenting and trying things. I do not miss the Reed we have had for the last 20 years though. The Reed who can solve any problem in the universe in 5 minutes and is smarter than almost everyone in the universe just holds no interest for me. NO human should be smarter than most alien races that have been around for millions of years. In the old days sure Reed was very very smart, but not "deus ex machina" smart where he can look at something and know everything about it and how it works in 5 minutes.

Lets not even talk about the living plot device they have made Val into because she has to smarter than her dad who is already way to smart to begin with.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Reed hasn't really been a defining anything for Marvel since at least the 70s. It's nearly an impossible struggle to keep him relevant at all.

The only FF member I would ever truly miss is the ever-loving blue-eyed one.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Reed hasn't really been a defining anything for Marvel since at least the 70s. It's nearly an impossible struggle to keep him relevant at all.

The only FF member I would ever truly miss is the ever-loving blue-eyed one.
    Personally I'd like to see a lot more emphasis on Thing. Write a book where Thing is basically the team's Wolverine, and Reed is just the team's Forge.

I miss Reed also. He's my favorite character in the FF. I miss the conversations him and Tony would have with them coming up with ideas to build a better future and making the world a better place.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I miss Reed also. He's my favorite character in the FF. I miss the conversations him and Tony would have with them coming up with ideas to build a better future and making the world a better place.
    Like their interdimensional Guantanamo Bay or their clone of their dead friend who went crazy and killed another of their friends? Yeah...... those two guys come up with such a great ideas together.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Like their interdimensional Guantanamo Bay or their clone of their dead friend who went crazy and killed another of their friends? Yeah...... those two guys come up with such a great ideas together.
    Those are not the only ideas they talked about when they got together. That's not their only inventions. Try to move pass Civil War.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-15-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I miss the old Reed. The one who was always in his lab experimenting and trying things. I do not miss the Reed we have had for the last 20 years though. The Reed who can solve any problem in the universe in 5 minutes and is smarter than almost everyone in the universe just holds no interest for me. NO human should be smarter than most alien races that have been around for millions of years. In the old days sure Reed was very very smart, but not "deus ex machina" smart where he can look at something and know everything about it and how it works in 5 minutes.

Lets not even talk about the living plot device they have made Val into because she has to smarter than her dad who is already way to smart to begin with.
    I'm with you on this.

Also, if we can get rid of people tendency to write him like he's a vulcan ("logical" but completely unemotional) that would be nice too.