Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default INTERVIEW: Ed Brisson on X-Men: Extermination

Very excited and very nervous about this. I've grown to enjoy the O5's presence in the X-books, but even I don't deny that they've overstayed their welcome. Their entire reason for being in the future has become pretty redundant. Cyclops didn't start a mutant revolution. Jean Grey is alive again. Mutants aren't going extinct or being put into internment camps. It really is time for them to go back, but I think their presence should have a lasting impact. I think them going back should do something profound that makes their extended stay relevant to the annuls of X-men lore. I hope Brisson can accomplish that with this story.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

SILVER DADDY CABEZ for the WINNNNN!!!

lol Bobby isn't making it back /s i kid but he's probably the one that'll be captured and tortured

BANNED

Not every X-Man is going to make it out of this alive...
    Not like it will stick. Though I'm now REALLY hoping they keep the New X-Men out of it...

Can you believe this awful story line lasted 6 years. This could have been a great 6-12 issue mini or crossover. 6 years. Insane.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    lol Bobby isn't making it back /s i kid but he's probably the one that'll be captured and tortured
    The O5 have plot armor. If any of them die, then there's no point the others going back, as history would be changed (the most immediate effect would be their adult self getting the Thanos snap treatment).

I actually think Bloodstorm will be killed. She's the only X-Men Blue member who's vulnerable, since she's from an AU instead of the past.

Rachel's a possibility too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Glad to see the doubling-down on the O5 jettison. One thing I've realised is the effect they have on hope; without the O5, a bad run can be followed by a new, definitive run, whilst, with them, a reader always knows there's at least one more run (to send them home) to get through.

I'm hoping this isn't a bait and switch, but I have faith. The immediately following run might not be the next Morrison/Whedon, but I think almost all the pieces are in place to make a new definitive run happen.

On the mini itself, I'm not sure the interview gives us much more than we already know. Someone dies and there's a big ending. I don't want to get too attached to thinking a Cyclops return or get really caught up with thinking about who dies, I'm here for the ride.

I hope this does as it says and works as a finale for the whole run. I don't want to see its emotional climax siphoned off to Blue. Blue should definitely expand on these things, and have an emotional conclusion of its own, but it seems clear that the real finale is here. It needs to feel that way.

I'm excited. Nice art. Good mystery. Hopefully it'll double ship in October.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    That's what i speculated a few weeks ago as younger Bobby was missing from some preview pages and things to come ones.

I believe the death of young Iceman will set things in motion for Extermination.

What i do not get is all Extermination things we saw were 20 years into the future and now Ed B. says it is mostly in the here and now.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The O5 have plot armor. If any of them die, then there's no point the others going back, as history would be changed (the most immediate effect would be their adult self getting the Thanos snap treatment).

I actually think Bloodstorm will be killed. She's the only X-Men Blue member who's vulnerable, since she's from an AU instead of the past.

Rachel's a possibility too.
    Mhm. I'd be sad to see Bloodstorm go, but I think she's the best candidate. With no dedicated AU book, she'll feel as out of place as OML and the O5. As we're lining things back up to a more natural state, I think she'd have to go also. If she dies, I'd like her to get un-synced from time and join the Exiles, it'd just be a great fit.

Rachel's a good shout. I hope it isn't her but she does tend to have the worst of luck when her mother is around and look who just came back...

BANNED

Rachel still has that plot in Red going on.

BANNED

I'm going to guess that the AU characters are the most likely casualties. There's no place for OML when OG Logan returns, Bloodstorm isn't really necessary with Storm herself still around, and Jimmy is redundant with Laura, Daken, and Gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That's what i speculated a few weeks ago as younger Bobby was missing from some preview pages and things to come ones.

I believe the death of young Iceman will set things in motion for Extermination.

What i do not get is all Extermination things we saw were 20 years into the future and now Ed B. says it is mostly in the here and now.
    As the Post-Credits Extermination scenes aren't, like, scenes from the book and they're just doing tease-y, lightweight set-up, I expect that the opening shot of dead X-Men will be one of the only exposures to Bad Future™ that we really get. People have been criticising it for being a generic future, but I don't think creating some intricate dystopia was ever the point. Blue will likely go into detail on the state of the future and I'm pretty happy with that set-up. Too many flashbacks/flashforwards and the 5 issues Brisson have might start to feel strained.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm going to guess that the AU characters are the most likely casualties. There's no place for OML when OG Logan returns, Bloodstorm isn't really necessary with Storm herself still around, and Jimmy is redundant with Laura, Daken, and Gabby.
    I don't expect either OML or Jimmy too show. Jimmy is just one of those dupes who runs around the universe until someone remembers him in a few years time (or never), a la the leftovers from X-Termination and I think OML will get his conclusion in his own book.

Beautiful art and colors.
    Brisson is a good writer so I hope it will be good.

Not a fan of O5 but it seems a lot of other characters will appear.

Interesting if Brisson likes Gambit.