Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Love you baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Because like you said, her sexuality has never been clarified. I mostly take issue with the hardcore "and now my gay girl will show herself to be gay" headcanoning that seems to take place around here. Like what you like but don't act like it's already established and that every time it doesn't happen you've been personally jipped just because your headcanon was not canonized and how dare marvel.

I don't really see Illyana ever getting romantically attached to anyone due to her trauma as a child. She's got Kitty as her BFF and Piotr there to help her out if she ever needs support, but thus far it doesn't seem like anyone is really even close to tackling the events of her childhood and how that's affected her in terms of functional relationships.
    This.

I'd forgotten about the Playgirls and wanting to see Kurt naked, to be honest. That was forever ago. Illyana has been so within herself since then. To tackle a relationship with her would be to define and deal with her trauma, and I'm not sure Marvel is ready to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If Colossus grows bigger when he metalisizes, does that mean his.....?
    Well, he has balls of steel, that's for sure

Also, too bad Remy and Rogue won't take the cats with them on their space adventure. But they may disturb their... uh, peace.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    This.

I'd forgotten about the Playgirls and wanting to see Kurt naked, to be honest. That was forever ago. Illyana has been so within herself since then. To tackle a relationship with her would be to define and deal with her trauma, and I'm not sure Marvel is ready to do that.
    Rather than ready, it's more they probably won't care too. Only some characters are allowed such development & treatment. Like Laura for example. I think her past trauma has been tackled. Deadpool & Logan got a bit of that too, I think. But far as a know, Magik doesn't have a solo, so her stuff gets the gloss-over and not as much depth or development.

Sadly, gotta think more like Marvel. So while it's the better & realistic route to focus on her issues, and traumas before putting her with someone, it's gonna take more effort than Marvel is willing to expend or more than they'll get. Especially with the constant relaunches & reshuffling of characters to different writers who may not care to follow up on threads.

Characters with official solos get to have the same writer for a good little while & will get that better treatment that the constantly rotating characters won't.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-13-2018 at 05:59 AM.

This.

Indeed.
    She would need someone who could readily and easily assess and educate themselves on trauma and relationships, and maybe even someone who has been through similar experiences of being an underestimated mutant youth who died too young and endured so much prejudice and then was forcibly resurrected for evil purposes by an evil otherworldly despot. Someone who could read her body language and roll with her concerns and sensitivities.

Maybe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    ! I don't mind it, and I like that Bobby's feeling more open but I would have liked to see them at least flirt once before this
    They had no indication of flirting before this issue and it came as a complete surprise!

I doubt Iceman's first non-mutant boyfriend even had sex together with him even though they dated many times. Most they got was a kissing scene.

Icemans-First-Gay-Kiss.jpg

The sex scene was too abrupt, the same as Gambit's sudden wedding.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 07-13-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

hahahahaha
    omg.
    "straight" face.
    Conscience.

Dead.
    Hah! That was a totally unintentional double-entendre on my part, so thanks for pointing it out.

As far as your list of questions, pretty sure that Hopeless in Cable and X-Force confirmed on panel by way of Domino that ALL of Colossus does in fact enlarge when he BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Hah! That was a totally unintentional double-entendre on my part, so thanks for pointing it out.

As far as your list of questions, pretty sure that Hopeless in Cable and X-Force confirmed on panel by way of Domino that ALL of Colossus does in fact enlarge when he BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW.
    #BLESSED

Indeed.
    She would need someone who could readily and easily assess and educate themselves on trauma and relationships, and maybe even someone who has been through similar experiences of being an underestimated mutant youth who died too young and endured so much prejudice and then was forcibly resurrected for evil purposes by an evil otherworldly despot. Someone who could read her body language and roll with her concerns and sensitivities.

Maybe.
    Ah, the sweet taste of sarcasm in the morning. ��

Ah, the sweet taste of sarcasm in the morning. ��

BANNED

Ummm... I haven't been following that closely, but... I got nothin'. ... I appreciate the effort, I guess? IDK...

BANNED

BTW, I see Pyro as the power bottom, and Bobby just strappin' in for the ride.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    that one panel offends You. I can see how itd be cringeworthy to some people if there was some simpering dialogue, or other campy sterotypes. Buuut why is it bothersome?I'm probby reading your post wrong but I'm sure Bobby being in the closet has had to constantly monitor his actions to fit the masculine ideal of the society around him. His perceived feminine posing doesn't make him less of a man
    I find that panel a bit offensive in the sense that I think (and I can be totally wrong, though) that the artist probably has faced it like 'Oh Bobby is out of the closet now, ERGO he necessarily must show feminine posing from now on. That's logic'. Of course I don't think that being "mannered" is being less of man, that's out of question.

Now you drop the possibility that Bobby has been (consciously or subconsiously) hiding his natural body language till now, and he's currently letting it flow. Well, that might be a reasonable explanation. But I frankly doubt that writer and artist had been talking about it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Rather than ready, it's more they probably won't care too. Only some characters are allowed such development & treatment. Like Laura for example. I think her past trauma has been tackled. Deadpool & Logan got a bit of that too, I think. But far as a know, Magik doesn't have a solo, so her stuff gets the gloss-over and not as much depth or development.
    Agree. Her mini was superb --that's some proof. And yes, it seems like not every character has got the same rights. Longshot's background is in some ways as terrible as Wolvie's, but his mindwipes are (as opposed to Logan's) the butt of jokes, a source of mockery, instead of something to assess as the most dreadful torture and mutilation.

Which poses are feminine? Am I missing some classic Jim Lee contortion nonsense with chesticle/ass symbiosis happening?

This stuff just fascinates me.
    The whole feminine vs masculine and reconciling what is and is not appropriate because: WTF?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post

While I see no reason why 'all' of him wouldn't transform, I see people quoting that scene/hookup with Domino having handled him in his metal form, but at the time he needed to use the suit to maintain his transformation because it was right after the Phoenix Force incident and he was only partially transforming, involuntarily. So when he takes it off.. anyway, maybe I'm just being too technical about that stuff.