Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Storm .. dying from pressure?
    Interesting stat. It took 12 minutes for an Egyptian diver to dive to the world record 1,090 feet. Took him 15 hours to make it back to the surface because he couldn't risk dying from decompression sickness by ascending any faster. Bubbles basically form in bones and you essentially are crushed from the inside out. He trained for 4 years before attempting this.

Point being once you reach a certain depth, the pressure is ridiculous. The issue isn't Storm but all the mutants down there with her.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-19-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

The wait between issues is killing me a little, but I continue to be pleased with the Red trajectory overall. Tom Taylor seems to be shifting focus between characters, and I like where it's going. We've seen sentinels and telepathic brainwashing numerous times, but C.Nova feels like a very real threat, and props to Taylor for establishing her as a creepy callous villain.

Carmen is SLAYING with this art, and I hope she remains. Everyone looks brilliant and I'm left wanting more.

The changes to Gentle irk me slightly, but I suppose it had to be dealt with sooner or later. I kinda always thought he'd fall in battle after overexerting himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Can't say it was a particularly exciting reveal, tbh. But maybe the X-Men's bruisers were all spoken for elsewhere.
    Understandable that Taylor chooses to use a character of his own creation, but I do wish that he'd instead opted to use one of many existing mutants with superhuman strength- Frenzy, M or Ernst could have been really interesting, even if they're not quite on the same level as Hulk. Tbh, given her nanites + mind control, I'm surprised C.Nova hasn't gathered a team of her own to take down Jean & Co. Though I suppose it's possible she does has more in her arsenal...

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I'm not sure I want Asrar back. The art was fantastic
    Asrar was fantastic but I think I like Carmen even better. Her depictions of body language and facial expressions really capture the characters, and her style is very crisp. LOVE her work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Anyone else really love Kurt's beard?
    Nightcrawler Wada.JPG
    Yes absolutely. I'm still attached to Kevin Wada's Nightcrawler with the longer hair stubble personally rather than the longer beard but I'll take what I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Cyclops, Gambit, Colossus, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Banshee, Havok, Bishop, and Cable should all have beards.
    Bishop Wada.JPG
    ALL THE X-BEARDS

For real though, Colossus needs his beard back. I'm hoping Rosenberg delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I think there's room to develop Gentle still as he is still essentially a pacifist at heart. As noted in the issue, when he internalized the message that screwed with his powers, it was because he realized he really didn't like violence. He was willing to go against his step-dad no problem right until his mom slapped him and he realized what violence felt like. I wouldn't expect that attitude to go completely away.
    That trope has kinda already done with Wonder Man and Indra, but I'm not opposed to further exploration of that. What is life like among the X-Men when you're deadset against fighting back? Gentle could be a great asset, but he may prove to be a liability rather than a strength if he won't protect himself or neutralize a threat when necessary. Combat that requires brute strength (like the upcoming confrontation with Teen Abombination) becomes difficult when one side is an unwilling participant. I'm sure Ororo + Jean will guide him through it though, and he'll save the day when it comes to protecting innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Damn is Storm like the best-dressed X-Man of all time? Her new suit is 3 fire emoji didn’t think they could top the UXF suit but this one is right up there...
    100% one of her best looks yet. She has one of the better uniforms of the X-Men Red crew.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I love the trio of Jean, Storm and Gambit working together! For me personally, Red is the only team X-book that feels like something really important is happening, especially since it features Jean's comeback.
    I like that Jean, Ororo, Kurt + Remy are the veterans of the team. Four of my favorites so it doesn't get much better than this.
    And you're not wrong. The other titles have felt somewhat isolated, disconnected to plots in their sister titles. It seems odd to me that the rest of the X-Men are blissfully unaware of events happening simultaneously to their own troubles. I'm sure they could offer aid or advice instead of sitting at the X-Mansion twiddling their thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    so... Teen Abomination... is a threat to Atlantis?
    Yeah, no, I’m not buying it. Namor’s just gonna chuck him across an entire continent.
    It's an odd choice. I suppose the bigger threat is exposure to the depths of the ocean when the dome is shattered, and the Atlanteans + rescued mutants are subsequently exposed to C.Nova's psychic assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Most of the team being gone on a mission should make the fight for Atlantis fun.

The only people left in Atlantis are who- Namor, Storm, Jean and Gentle?

I imagine jean will be tied up in a telepathic battle or using her Tk to prevent drowning...which leaves Storm, Gentle and Namor
    to fight. I’m looking forward to seeing that.
    Jean using her telekinesis to hold back the ocean and/or battling C.Nova on the Astral Plane would certainly keep her occupied. Namor, Ororo + Nezhno having to protect civilians and battle Teen Abombination should be interesting. I look forward to some creative power usage.

I think I may be the only one that prefers Asrur. The current artist's work is very scratchy and I think that may be the inker's doing. It reminds me of the annual which I didnt like. I actually thought the black and white previews from before looked better than the final product

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Interesting stat. It took 12 minutes for an Egyptian diver to dive to the world record 1,090 feet. Took him 15 hours to make it back to the surface because he couldn't risk dying from decompression sickness by ascending any faster. Bubbles basically form in bones and you essentially are crushed from the inside out. He trained for 4 years before attempting this.

Point being once you reach a certain depth, the pressure is ridiculous. The issue isn't Storm but all the mutants down there with her.
    This is interesting. Also just so you know I was Mocking the last part of Havok83's post
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I really love this book. It feels timely and relevant in a way that few of the other X-Books do. It effortlessly provides social commentary on present-day politics and technology. (Benjamin Percy needs to study it as a playbook.)

It also makes excellent use of all its characters. Everyone has a purpose, and seems important to the plot.

Also, I'm always pleased when writers remember that Gambit is an expert thief, and make him competent at his job. He should never be jobbing to Fantomex....

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I really love this book. It feels timely and relevant in a way that few of the other X-Books do. It effortlessly provides social commentary on present-day politics and technology. (Benjamin Percy needs to study it as a playbook.)

It also makes excellent use of all its characters. Everyone has a purpose, and seems important to the plot.

Also, I'm always pleased when writers remember that Gambit is an expert thief, and make him competent at his job. He should never be jobbing to Fantomex....
    Don't know, i feel that sometimes Taylor is a subtle as Percy (meaning not much).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Jean reminded me of Jim Lee or Andy Kubert's Jean Grey, the character I grew up loving.
    Especially the scene with Gentile. I miss Compassionate Jean that’s far removed from Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Don't know, i feel that sometimes Taylor is a subtle as Percy (meaning not much).
    Fair point. I think Taylor does it better, but you're right that he's also not subtle.

But at least the X-Men aren't fighting a "Wyrm" from the Dark Net that literally invades people's brains with tiny drones, which serves as a metaphor (is it even a metaphor when it's so obvious?) for the invasive nature of technology in our personal lives and identities.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Fair point. I think Taylor does it better, but you're right that he's also not subtle.

But at least the X-Men aren't fighting a "Wyrm" from the Dark Net that literally invades people's brains with tiny drones, which serves as a metaphor (is it even a metaphor when it's so obvious?) for the invasive nature of technology in our personal lives and identities.
    Is that his Nightwing arc?, damn, seems that it was a good decision to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think I may be the only one that prefers Asrur. The current artist's work is very scratchy and I think that may be the inker's doing. It reminds me of the annual which I didnt like. I actually thought the black and white previews from before looked better than the final product
    Nah not the only one. I really like Asrar's work. I like his Gambit especially.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Unless Jason Aaron is writing, in which case he loses to Thing and Luke Cage... underwater....
    Well, Aaron is kinda weird sometimes and plain nonsensical in others.

That stuff with Thing and Cage shouldn't have happened...or most of the stuff in the Wolverine solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Well, Aaron is kinda weird sometimes and plain nonsensical in others.

That stuff with Thing and Cage shouldn't have happened...or most of the stuff in the Wolverine solo.
    It's a point of contention among fans. Which was the bigger WTF moment?

1) Namor losing to Cage and Thing underwater
    2) Emma and Magneto losing to Iron Man and Quicksilver
    3) Strange getting destroyed by Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitdown View Post
    Especially the scene with Gentile. I miss Compassionate Jean that’s far removed from Phoenix
    Exactly. That's the Jean I love and prefer. The Space Turkey ruins her every time it shows up. The best thing it ever did for her was give her the Phoenix name... but Jean's like other cool X-Women like Dani and Emma who don't need a code name.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    This is interesting. Also just so you know I was Mocking the last part of Havok83's post
    Yeah I wasn't sure and figured I would just use your post to point out this otherwise useless fact that I would typically never get a chance to mention.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I agree. I preferred the black and white previews too.
    The inker doesn't fit with the artist style.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Exactly. That's the Jean I love and prefer. The Space Turkey ruins her every time it shows up. The best thing it ever did for her was give her the Phoenix name... but Jean's like other cool X-Women like Dani and Emma who don't need a code name.
    It's not the Phoenix that ruins Jean. That's some writers/editor's perception or understanding of the Phoenix.
    CC's "Revolution" Jean was phoenix (raptor included) and was an amazing Jean Grey.
    Morrison's Jean was Phoenix and was one of the best Jean I ever read.

The Phoenix is a great part of Jean's story and life. Marvel ruined it.
    Last edited by Hellinoze; 07-20-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?