Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Them coming back from the past was done solely to get a rise out of adult Cyclops, something that didnt really happen and has long since been abandoned
    That was the in-story reason, but it was more about having a version of Jean Grey back. Just having them disappear essentially, by being absorbed or whatever, into their adult selves... just leaves too big a plot hole, if ya ask me. Instead of being (same) time(line) displaced, they might've just as well been AU, then. Them going back, or not, and its ramifications... needs to be addressed, as it's been the most consistent running theme, such as it is.

BANNED

Not everyone. Only a few people expressed any contempt for Scott
    Emma was the only one who cared about Scott. Everyone else despised him or hated him, even his daughter, Rachel.

Again this has been so inconsistent and changed multiple times that they can literally do whatever they want. Excuse me if Im not convinced they will stick to what was literally written in that scan. Thats way too predictable. Its whats expected but a twist would involve that not being the case
    Well, it's only been changed once and that was just a misdirection that had been directly addressed in this very arc.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well, it's only been changed once and that was just a misdirection that had been directly addressed in this very arc.
    Its been changed multiple times. We had BoTA, IvX and Cross Time Capers. The O5 being time displaced the effects it has on present day, why they cant go back to the past has not been consistent since the beginning

Its been changed multiple times. We had BoTA, IvX and Cross Time Capers. The O5 being time displaced the effects it has on present day, why they cant go back to the past has not been consistent since the beginning
    What has ever been inconsistent between BotA and Cross Time Caper II? And what does IvX even have to do with the prospect of the O5 going home?

What has ever been inconsistent between BotA and Cross Time Caper II? And what does IvX even have to do with the prospect of the O5 going home?
    BOTA - Young Cyclops briefly dies and adult Scott blinks out of existence. To my knowledge thats the only time a change to the young characters has ever had an impact on their adult self. At the end of this arc, they are unable to return to return to the past for reasons

IvX - In the ANX epilogue issue, all of a sudden they are able to go back to the past courtesy of Beast's magic, and we see that they exist there as if they never left. This is the new excuse given for why they cant go back. It was presumed they might be AR versions now courtesy of Secret Wars

CTC - They go back in time and now its revealed that their past selves was actually the Brotherhood. New excuse given for why they cant stay is bc they've changed too much

Marvel keeps changing it up with these characters. They can try to make sense of it by retconning with each go at this story but it hasnt been consistent. BOTA is the biggest glaring hole here compared to the latter stories

BANNED

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-15-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I can't wait

Fantastic Member

https://www.reddit.com, Bleeding Cool Rumors for Marvel Comics SDCC 2018
    X-Men Black has just been announced and Magneto is a part of the team, but the other members nor the creative team has been announced. More information will be given at SDCC. No word yet on the future of Cable.

Uncanny X-Men relaunch to be announced at SDCC but no creative team has been set. - BC.com, Magneto to Move Centre Stage With Cable? But What About Uncanny X-Men #1? ... Talking of which, while Uncanny X-Men may be announced this week at San Diego Comic-Con I am told to only expect a teaser as the full creative team has not been locked down yet. More as we hear it… if we hear it…

Old Man Logan will be ending with #50. - BC.com, Old Man Logan to Wrap With November’s 50th Issue? ... I am told to anticipate a final issue in November with Old Man Logan #50. But, as Old Man Hawkeye is planned to wrap as well, to look forward to more tales with those characters in that universe going forward…

OG Cyclops to return in eXtermination? - BC.com, Marvel’s Extinction Event To Send The Original Five X-Men Home? Find Out at San Diego ... As well as bringing back the adult Cyclops as has been teased, Bleeding Cool has been told by well-connected sources told that, yes, it’s the end of the line for the O5 – in this timeline anyway. ...

Nice. Cleaning house over in the X-books. I love it.

This may have already been pointed out, but I actually really love what Brisson did with "Countdown to Extermination." This isn't a story about the future. In fact, I expect it to be a background thing of the entire event. Those pages were there to flesh out the future we see for Brisson could focus more on the actual O5 and the problems facing them now. Creative way to get rid of a ton of unneeded panel time.

BOTA - Young Cyclops briefly dies and adult Scott blinks out of existence. To my knowledge thats the only time a change to the young characters has ever had an impact on their adult self. At the end of this arc, they are unable to return to return to the past for reasons

IvX - In the ANX epilogue issue, all of a sudden they are able to go back to the past courtesy of Beast's magic, and we see that they exist there as if they never left. This is the new excuse given for why they cant go back. It was presumed they might be AR versions now courtesy of Secret Wars

CTC - They go back in time and now its revealed that their past selves was actually the Brotherhood. New excuse given for why they cant stay is bc they've changed too much

Marvel keeps changing it up with these characters. They can try to make sense of it by retconning with each go at this story but it hasn't been consistent. BOTA is the biggest glaring hole here compared to the latter stories
    Your "IvX" point is exactly what I had addressed. I said Bunn's Cross-Time Capers already took care of it. Hopeless, per interviews, was already aware of the plans for the O5 by the time he was writing out #19. And it isn't like CTC and BotA are contradicting each other. It seems more like typical rules of time travel in modern times, where even though the person from the past may get a cut or something, it won't necessarily follow onto the present day version. At least, not until they are permanently positioned in their rightful place in time, which explains Xavier's words to them. But something as drastic as death would make rounds to the present-day version because they simply wouldn't exist anymore.

And it isn't like their presence as 616's past was ever """retconned""" withholding All-New X-Men #19 (which, as I have stated, was dealt with). And their 'reasons for not being able to head back' wasn't changed when comparing BotA and CTC, not that they wanted to go back in the earlier story. And it can be pretty implied that the same reason from CTC can be applied to the post-IvX story and BotA (if they ever wanted to head back).

This may have already been pointed out, but I actually really love what Brisson did with "Countdown to Extermination." This isn't a story about the future. In fact, I expect it to be a background thing of the entire event. Those pages were there to flesh out the future we see for Brisson could focus more on the actual O5 and the problems facing them now. Creative way to get rid of a ton of unneeded panel time.

Your "IvX" point is exactly what I had addressed. I said Bunn's Cross-Time Capers already took care of it. Hopeless, per interviews, was already aware of the plans for the O5 by the time he was writing out #19. And it isn't like CTC and BotA are contradicting each other. It seems more like typical rules of time travel in modern times, where even though the person from the past may get a cut or something, it won't necessarily follow onto the present day version. At least, not until they are permanently positioned in their rightful place in time, which explains Xavier's words to them. But something as drastic as death would make rounds to the present-day version because they simply wouldn't exist anymore.

And it isn't like their presence as 616's past was ever """retconned""" withholding All-New X-Men #19 (which, as I have stated, was dealt with). And their 'reasons for not being able to head back' wasn't changed when comparing BotA and CTC, not that they wanted to go back in the earlier story. And it can be pretty implied that the same reason from CTC can be applied to the post-IvX story and BotA (if they ever wanted to head back).

Hopeless firmly established the O5 as alternate reality versions. Bunn just did an interview where he admits that he came in and changed that. The CTC doesnt contradict it but it does come in and change what had already been established. He retconned things. Im not saying thats a bad thing but my point is that the story arc for these characters has been inconsistent with different writers changing things up and Marvel finding new ways to keep them around.

The characters accepted that they had to go back at the end of BOTA. They wanted to in the end. They tried. Something prevented them which never made any sense. I dont see how the revelations from ANX v2 or CTC can be applied to that bc if you try, its inconsistent. Why were tehy all of a sudden able to travel to the past in those two latter stories but not BOTA? Remember in ANX, they didnt stay bc they saw themselves already there and in CTC, Xavier told them they couldnt stay. In BOTA, they physically could not travel back. It wasnt by choice that they didnt. That was never explained. You may think everything was consistent and made sense but in actuality the O5 have been a mess since BOTA.