Thread: Is it just me?

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Default Is it just me?

Image (105).jpgImage (104).jpg

Um......is there something going on here with these covers or am I just seeing a weird coincidence? Same Wednesday to pick up....not many new comics this week and this happens? I mean, they both even have a gargoyle!!
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

They're not that similar.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Given the amount of comics published each week, it's probably more surprising that there isn't similar covers more often. Both Daredevil and Batman are also similar in that they are grounded in an urban, often gothic, environment.

We are in Gotham City.. Of course that there are gargoyles.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    Image (105).jpgImage (104).jpg

Um......is there something going on here with these covers or am I just seeing a weird coincidence? Same Wednesday to pick up....not many new comics this week and this happens? I mean, they both even have a gargoyle!!
    I think there's a weirder coincidence between the Nightwing and Batgirl covers from a few months ago, where both had half-skull compositions.

This is just a case where you have urban superheros who happen to us a similar composition.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

It's a generic (as in very used, I don't want to sound mean) compo. I don't see anything wrong.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-30-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Hmmm it still is pretty coincidental, mirrored versions of almost the same image. But again, both are similar heroes in similar cities.