Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    at the risk of sounding silly.....

what attracted me to tim was his home and school life, and how being robin complicated that.

why not just set a new series in college? (where he stated he wants to go anyway) and see how college conflicts with being robin (or whatever superhero name he decides to take)

it gives him a huge supporting cast, conflicts, we don't need to lose steph to make it work.. hell being a genius at college would be it's own source of conflict...
    Why should Tim bother going to college? He's the smartest person on Planet Earth so there's nothing he can be taught by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    If you have the drive you should go for it. I'm plotting/writing out my own series' right now. You won't know what you got till you try.
    I'm actually putting together a little entertainment company for kids; web comics and novellas and cartoons, etc. So......I'm kinda giving it a shot, just going about it in a different way.

I had considered trying to break into the industry back in the day (was even accepted into the Kubert art school, after Joe Kubert himself did my interview), but I lost faith in both the distribution system and the Big 2 management. I've little desire to work in the direct market. And in any case, it seems easier to create a whole company from scratch than break into the major publishers.

Who knows though. The title I was planning on writing for the company might work better beyond the purview of my own enterprise.....if that's the case, I might tweak it and send it off to Image. Just to see if anything happens.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    at the risk of sounding silly.....

what attracted me to tim was his home and school life, and how being robin complicated that.

why not just set a new series in college? (where he stated he wants to go anyway) and see how college conflicts with being robin (or whatever superhero name he decides to take)

it gives him a huge supporting cast, conflicts, we don't need to lose steph to make it work.. hell being a genius at college would be it's own source of conflict...
    So he was basically Parker dressed as a bird instead of a spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm actually putting together a little entertainment company for kids; web comics and novellas and cartoons, etc. So......I'm kinda giving it a shot, just going about it in a different way.

I had considered trying to break into the industry back in the day (was even accepted into the Kubert art school, after Joe Kubert himself did my interview), but I lost faith in both the distribution system and the Big 2 management. I've little desire to work in the direct market. And in any case, it seems easier to create a whole company from scratch than break into the major publishers.

Who knows though. The title I was planning on writing for the company might work better beyond the purview of my own enterprise.....if that's the case, I might tweak it and send it off to Image. Just to see if anything happens.
    That's awesome, what is your main focus? You more into writing, art, business etc?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So he was basically Parker dressed as a bird instead of a spider.
    Yes, and it was incredibly successful.

Chuck Dixon's Robin was basically ultimate spider man before ultimate spider man.

And that is still a niche that could be filled because Nightwing is way too awesome and way too much of a 100% superhero to fill it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Hey--best of luck with this !!!!!!!! The industry desperately needs NEW talent and new ideas so I am really wishing great things for you!!!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That's awesome, what is your main focus? You more into writing, art, business etc?
    Well, I have a background in graphic design and I'm a fair writer (though my resume there isn't nearly as impressive as my art resume) but these days my main focus is the business side of things. Specifically the marketing and distribution systems (accounting is boring).

I'm designing a few things like the company logo, and I'm writing one title, but that's it as far as the creative end goes. I'm spending too much time in the role of editor for any more than that.

Actually, didn't you say you were working on something? I had to let a few creators go and have some openings. We're a little ways from launch (gotta finish that last year of college first!) but if you're curious, send me a pm and I'll tell you more about what we're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Yes, and it was incredibly successful.

Chuck Dixon's Robin was basically ultimate spider man before ultimate spider man.
    It was indeed glorious. Tim needs to head back into that Everyman territory if he's going to regain his popularity and relevance. The Cave, and DC in general, is full of super geniuses. What it doesn't have much of are quality Everymen.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Hey--best of luck with this !!!!!!!! The industry desperately needs NEW talent and new ideas so I am really wishing great things for you!!!!!11
    Many thanks! But you're probably not going to see my stuff in the direct market very much. We are doing print runs, but that's a secondary market. The main focus is digital.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-30-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Keep us posted, Ascended!