Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am kind of surprised that there hasn't been an attempt at a Red Robin solo again
    There were a few that we know of. DC just wasnt interested in the character having a solo.

Someone high up wanted the character to be as irrelevant to the bat mythos as possible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    New 52 butchered Tim's whole generation.

It's not giving his stuff to others-it's management using his generation as a butchering ground for events.

A 10+ year nonstop of crappy stories.

what can you DO

DC doesnt want to acknowledge that their prime 5 Bat supes Wonder Flash and Aqua
    have fills who are ready in the wings if their predecessor are taken out

Who could make time for jr jrs flaoting imbetween when we have damian, who is giving this brand a chance to introduce new chracters

BANNED

I think Damian is serving the same purpose Dick did in 1938--he's giving young readers a gateway character into the comics. Damian is a fantastic creation and Morrison did it perfectly. He made a big Damian fan out of me, and now I like him almost as much as Dick and Jason.

BANNED

I guess the youth today is full of entitled brats.

Spectacular Member

I really think that Tim does have a place and Tynion really highlighted that in his Detective run.
    Dick is the Oldest Brother, the charismatic leader.
    Jason is the middle child. Full of anger and wanting to be different than the prodigal, older brother. He's Guy Gardner in the Bat family.
    Tim is the brain...the genius. The middle child who is more like "Dad" than the others....but also has some elements of his older brothers too.
    Damian is the youngest...the baby....spoiled and bratty. Wants to have all of Daddy's attention.
    Tim is a better detective, has a greater mind for science and tech than the others. I think the New 52 caused him damage but Rebirth helped restore some of what made him great.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Tim was truly screwed over by the New52.
    Anything that truly made him different/special was either erased or given to some other Bat-character instead.
    Even pre-New 52, the introduction of Damian Wayne as Robin meant that Tim's days were numbered. It's a shame, really, because Tim carried the ROBIN franchise through the 1990s and into the new millennium.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Even pre-New 52, the introduction of Damian Wayne as Robin meant that Tim's days were numbered.
    I dont think thats true. He was carving his own place with Red Robin, there were a lot of stories planned and his sales were alright.

I think they just don't know what to do with him, his whole generation is in a weird spot. DC made a whole generation of teens so they have almost no place to put Tims gen, unless they make a Young Justice series.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Marxtles View Post
    I really think that Tim does have a place and Tynion really highlighted that in his Detective run.
    Dick is the Oldest Brother, the charismatic leader.
    Jason is the middle child. Full of anger and wanting to be different than the prodigal, older brother. He's Guy Gardner in the Bat family.
    Tim is the brain...the genius. The middle child who is more like "Dad" than the others....but also has some elements of his older brothers too.
    Damian is the youngest...the baby....spoiled and bratty. Wants to have all of Daddy's attention.
    Tim is a better detective, has a greater mind for science and tech than the others. I think the New 52 caused him damage but Rebirth helped restore some of what made him great.
    This description is why I would never read a Tim solo, if this is how people would want him to be written. Basically an insufferable Gary Stu.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Basically an insufferable Gary Stu.
    Isnt Damian the genius? I thought he had like every degree ever by the time he was 6.

I always thought Tim was just more Tech oriented, and with a more detectivey way of handling things. Always the underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Because Damian. It's too bad. Tim should be the main Robin.
    This. Completely agree.

That brat is the reason why Nightwing and Red Hood are struggling and not in Use. I wish they were still Robins maybe then they'll get a title and stories.

Steph too. As soon as Damian became Robin Steph disappeared from all books because she was no longer Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Isnt Damian the genius? I thought he had like every degree ever by the time he was 6.

I always thought Tim was just more Tech oriented, and with a more detectivey way of handling things. Always the underdog.
    Damian is the Baby and the Genius.

Genius doesn't necessarily mean Gary Stu.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-13-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    I guess the youth today is full of entitled brats.
    They are but now they can be inspired when they see that even Short Entitled Brats can become Heroes and Save lives.

BANNED

it reminds me of this hilarious meta scene from young Justice

Extraordinary Member

One problem is that they can't really return him to his Everyman role, since it is to long ago that they abandoned this direction (and they kind of have Duke for that now).

Another problem is that a Red Robin Solo would be very similar to a Nightwing (if no one comes up with a really unique direction for the book), that wasn't much of a problem during his first Red Robin series, since Dick was Batman at the time, but now he is back to beeing Nightwing.