Default Norman Osborn vs Lex Luthor

The Big Two's Brilliantly Bad Billionaires square off!

Round 1: Lex without Lexosuit or any gear, Norman without green goblin formula or any gear. Pure H2H in street clothes. Standard Rumbles settings.

Round 2: Lexosuit Luthor vs Green Goblin Osborn, any and all standard gear allowed. Standard Rumbles settings.

Bonus Round: Lexcorp vs OsCorp, hostile takeover! Who is the better and more ruthless entrepreneur? Who would buy out or financially hurt the other worse? No physical violence here, strictly guile and cunning and resources at play.

2. is a horror stomp. The power suit lets Lex take on Superman.

Extraordinary Member

1. I think that Lex has at least some martial arts training while Norman seems to be completely lacking in that kind of skill.

2. Norman's gear lets him fight Spider-man. Lex' gear lets him fight Superman. Do the match.

3. I'm thinking that Lex has in general more experience in this regard. Norman is usually a lot more blunt than Lex is when he wants to take over something.

1. I've never seen Norman show any kind of fighting skills beyond pure savagery and brute strength. Lex is an accomplished martial artists.

2. Standard gear allows Norman to fight Spider-man. lex's armor let's him fight Superman.

3. Lex is usually shown to be one of the richest people in the entire DC Universe. Norman is standard billionaire rich.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

While Norman managed to become head of SHIELD, Lex got elected president. Lex really does seem to sweep most categories here, doesn't he?

Couple of points I want to bring up:

1. Just how powerful is Lexosuit Luthor? I figured the main reason Luthor can "fight" Superman while in the Lexosuit was because of his green kryptonite weapons. Against a non-Kryptonian (who wouldn't feel the effects of Kryptonite), isn't the Lexosuit more than a few leagues below Tony Stark's Iron Man armors?

2. Is Lex ever actually fighting a Superman who is wholly committed to knocking him out? I've seen Lexosuit Luthor take a direct punch from Reborn Superman, but Kal was clearly not giving maximum effort. I'm not convinced any version of Lexosuit Luthor is anywhere close to planet- buster level.

3. Is Lexosuit Luthor the midpoint between Norman Osborn and Victor von Doom in terms of physical prowess?

Astonishing Member

Lex Luthor in basically every category.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Couple of points I want to bring up:

1. Just how powerful is Lexosuit Luthor? I figured the main reason Luthor can "fight" Superman while in the Lexosuit was because of his green kryptonite weapons. Against a non-Kryptonian (who wouldn't feel the effects of Kryptonite), isn't the Lexosuit more than a few leagues below Tony Stark's Iron Man armors?

2. Is Lex ever actually fighting a Superman who is wholly committed to knocking him out? I've seen Lexosuit Luthor take a direct punch from Reborn Superman, but Kal was clearly not giving maximum effort. I'm not convinced any version of Lexosuit Luthor is anywhere close to planet- buster level.

3. Is Lexosuit Luthor the midpoint between Norman Osborn and Victor von Doom in terms of physical prowess?
    You are correct that the suit doesn't give Lex Superman level power. (Well, except for the time he had a suit that did? But that wasn't his usual fare.) Sans the kryptonite advantage he would get swatted, and still loses with it generally. But it is still a flying suit with pretty potent force fields and weapons that can knock out Wonder Girl. It is a good deal too tough for the Goblin arsenal to hurt, and he'll murder Normie easy enough.

In comparison to Iron-Man: Tony almost certainly has more feats than Lex, and he can probably take Lex's suit out with hacking before it even comes to a throwdown. But I feel like it is worth noting that Iron-Man tends to get whomped by the Hulks and Thors who actually fight him seriously. There's a pretty sizable gap between the Iron-Man armor and a kryptonian too, is what I'm saying.

So, in terms of sheer firepower and durability, would it go something like ...

Norman Osborn < Victor Stone < Lex Luthor < Tony Stark <<< Victor von Doom

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

So, in terms of sheer firepower and durability, would it go something like ...

Norman Osborn < Victor Stone < Lex Luthor < Tony Stark <<< Victor von Doom
    Nah, Stark's suit and Doom's are pretty even, generally. Victor takes it with magic, in a rumble. Crimson Bands are autotargeting and disrupt tech.

Norman Osborn < Victor Stone
    I think that's a good idea for a rumble.