Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Walt Disney Power ahead...

With the 21st Century Fox deal days away from a shareholder vote and it seemingly like Comcast could change directions from reports and trying to buy Sky over in the UK ; Disney seems set on acquiring 21st Century Fox soon. The company will have multiple film divisions , a TV studio and numerous cable channel programming.

CNBC brought up that once the deal is complete Disney will have near 40% of the box office each year. This years estimate is 38% and they ran down that Disney already has this list of films (combined with 21st Century Fox) in the top 20.

#1 - Avengers Infinity War : $2.0+ Billion Worldwide
    #2 - Black Panther : $1.3+ Billion Worldwide
    #4 - Incredibles 2 : $788+ Million worldwide
    #5 : Deadpool 2 : $726+ Million worldwide
    #10 : Solo : Star Wars Story : $380+ million worldwide
    #16 : Maze Runner : Death Cure : $288+ million worldwide
    #20 : Ant Man & Wasp : $189+ Million worldwide

Doing the math from this folks , Disney/Fox would account for over $5 billion dollars of this years box office thus far nearly. That is impressive.

Disney itself in one thread as I posted would also secure franchises from Die Hard , Predator , Aliens and Planet of the Apes to work on down the line as well. Combined with getting back the Fantastic Four and X-Men rights ; the company would have built in franchises for the next decade or two.

Theater wise Disney can set even better terms for its film releases. Theater owners get a percentage of a release over weeks. Well Disney last December made a demand that they receive 65% of the The Last Jedi. Theater owners had to give in (the old take was 55%). With this increased power Disney could demand the 65% take every film now.

Moving from films to HULU , that itself is something Disney would have a controlling power over. They would control 60% of the company and would as some expect use the 21st Century Fox library for it and TV shows. Simpsons , Family Guy and others would show on Hulu in this deal. Meanwhile Disney would launch its new Disney streaming service to stream its main cartoon , PG films and all there. ESPN has a streaming service right now. In all Disney would have 3 streaming services and have the content to back it up.

No one would have that much content under one studio as its claimed and could do this than Disney. They would seemingly get a huge leap ahead on the future of media as more video streaming services become the norm.

Now the price tag of stock/cash also was brought up but Disney is a company that pretty much within a couple years have nearly paid off the $4 billion price tag they gave George Lucas . A fact that when Murdoch saw the Disney stock and how Lucas has tripled his earnings stock wise the past near decade made it an easy decision. Disney's stock even went up with the deal announced and given what they will now control , Murdoch will see the same results with his stock he'll have in this Disney/Fox deal.

In all , Disney is gonna have a lot of power ahead. They literally now possess the Infinity Stones.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Don't forget to keep smiling when Disney is going to open the "Joyous Camp of Re-education" for the sad sad people who don't have the "correct" mindset for our happy happy world.

You better keep smiling.

Disney also owns the muppets and abc also.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

All praise the mouse

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Doing the math from this folks , Disney/Fox would account for over $5 billion dollars of this years box office thus far nearly. That is impressive.
    Only about a third of that comes from FOX properties though, making the tremendously high price of the purchase very, very dicey. This is how big companies start making stupid decisions a la AT&T and HBO. Disney is going to have to do something in a hurry to show they can get a much bigger return on that investment than a mere 30% when they've invested nearly half their net worth in the purchase.

There is a long game that Disney is playing here, but that's true with every big merger. But there will also be demands for very, very short term benefits, and Disney is going to have to make changes to deliver them. And since the goal is to make investors happy, folks like you and me are probably not going to be entirely happy with the results.

BANNED

All the money in the world does not erase all these series were better off without Disney, which is what matters most. Star Wars in particular.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-14-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    All the money in the world does not erase all these series were better off without Disney, which is what matters most. Star Wars in particular.
    Please I disliked Last Jedi and thought Solo was mediocre but people made careers pointing out how bad the Prequels were and then there are the Ewok movies and other Pre-Disney garbage Star Wars was never as great as the fans love to think with their nostalgia glasses on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm sure everyone was so happy with Revenge of the Sith being the last Star Wars movie we'd ever get... Christ.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Please I disliked Last Jedi and thought Solo was mediocre but people made careers pointing out how bad the Prequels were and then there are the Ewok movies and other Pre-Disney garbage Star Wars was never as great as the fans love to think with their nostalgia glasses on.
    Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm sure everyone was so happy with Revenge of the Sith being the last Star Wars movie we'd ever get... Christ.

Last Jedi wasn't great , but was way better than the Prequels or the decade plus of nothing film wise. So yeah , the whole idea that somehow Disney ruined Star Wars....big , big leap.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The worst thing Disney did to Star Wars was closing down Lucasarts. I got into Star Wars through the video games and they produced some good ones. I heavily anticipating Star Wars 1313 before Disney gave it the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The worst thing Disney did to Star Wars was closing down Lucasarts. I got into Star Wars through the video games and they produced some good ones. I heavily anticipating Star Wars 1313 before Disney gave it the axe.
    I agree! Amen!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Last Jedi wasn't great , but was way better than the Prequels or the decade plus of nothing film wise. So yeah , the whole idea that somehow Disney ruined Star Wars....big , big leap.
    I disagree, i rather would have preferred to have nothing than having to watch poor Luke and Han turned into the most pathetic of space losers and the "fantastic" adventures of little miss perfection and captain big nose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'd say that giving the license to EA was considerably worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'd say that giving the license to EA was considerably worse.
    That what makes me upset about Lucasarts closure. Disney had a video game publisher and developer in their pocket. They didn't need to license it to crap companies like EA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Last Jedi and Solo are mediocre enough just like the MCU movies. they are all the same thing. I find it so strange how some can claim last jedi is mediocre but don't see or say the same thing with MCU movies even though many star wars fans compared last jedi to mcu movies and resented the movie for that alone. Both are mediocre. the only thing disney does right is their cartoon movies although Marvel TV cartoons have been completely trash under Disney.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-14-2018 at 11:08 AM.