All-New Member

Default I am lost in a sea of titles can someone help?

Hi guys

been away from comics for a little while but am getting back into things now and am a little confused

Just taking things from DC Metal is there somewhere I can find a list of titles (and relaunches) that came out of Metal?

Thanks in advance

Directly from Metal you got No Justice, and then the Justice League by Snyder, JL Dark and JL Odyssey in the coming weeks and months, and the New Age of Heroes books (classed here in what I think is the relevance of Metal in them) :

• Immortal men
    • The Unexpected
    • The Terrifics
    • Sideways
    • The Curse of Brimstone
    • New Challengers
    • Damage
    • The Silencer

There is also the 3-issues mini Batman and the Signal, which happens after Metal but isn't really too tied to it.

BANNED

It is time for Comic Book Cavalcade!

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Directly from Metal you got No Justice, and then the Justice League by Snyder, JL Dark and JL Odyssey in the coming weeks and months, and the New Age of Heroes books (classed here in what I think is the relevance of Metal in them) :

• Immortal men
    • The Unexpected
    • The Terrifics
    • Sideways
    • The Curse of Brimstone
    • New Challengers
    • Damage
    • The Silencer

There is also the 3-issues mini Batman and the Signal, which happens after Metal but isn't really too tied to it.
    Do you think we'll get Deluxe Editions or possibly an Omni down the road collecting all of this?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    Do you think we'll get Deluxe Editions or possibly an Omni down the road collecting all of this?
    Sadly, I don't think they're selling well enough to justify that. But I could be wrong.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Of course there's the New Age of Heroes line already mentioned, though I haven't seen anything to make me want to read any of it but Terrifics, which is the only series comprised of existing characters and which seems to have very little to do with Metal.

Metal also, seemingly much more importantly, led to the full New Justice line, including Justice League, JL Odyssey, JL Dark, Titans, and Teen Titans. In fact one of the major plot points of Metal is touching almost every corner of the DCU. It has to do with the breaking of a certain wall. Or should I say "Wall?"

The tie-ins for Metal were pretty good as event tie-ins go and the main series was a great read even if I was Metaled out by the end. But the plot points in the final issue, most particularly to do with that wall/Wall are apparent in most DC comics lately.

You don't need to have read Metal for any of it except that one plot point but if you have read Metal it's a smoother transition to No Justice (the utterly skippable mini between Metal and New Justice line) and New Justice titles.

Spectacular Member

The new Hawkman series also tied into the effects of Metal.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Spinning out of Metal. Get No Justice. Justice League. Sideways & The Terrifics seem to be the only two hits of the New Age of Heroes.

The Superman & Batman lines seem to be doing gangbusters these days. Hopefully Wonder Woman & Green Lantern will join them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Spinning out of Metal. Get No Justice. Justice League. Sideways & The Terrifics seem to be the only two hits of the New Age of Heroes.

The Superman & Batman lines seem to be doing gangbusters these days. Hopefully Wonder Woman & Green Lantern will join them soon.
    The Unexpectd and Silencer are awesome man. As in, some of the best books here, simply because the main characters are so damn relatable and sympathetic. And while it's special, Curse of Brimstone is doing a great job exploring the creeping horror of the Dark Multiverse.

Immortal Men is still somewhat weaker than those three, but it's still a great read IMHO.
    Last edited by Korath; 07-15-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The Unexpectd and Silencer are awesome man. As in, some of the best books here, simply because the main characters are so damn relatable and sympathetic. And while it's special, Curse of Brimstone is doing a great job exploring the creeping horror of the Dark Multiverse.

Immortal Men is still somewhat weaker than those three, but it's still a great read IMHO.
    I expect Silencer to be a mainstay of the DCU for years and years. I think I like the idea of Immortal Men way more than the actual execution. Haven't checked out Brimstone yet or Damage.

Brimstone first three issues are a slow burn (eh!) but issue 4 gave us some serious reveal, expanded the cast of characters with a very intriguing new one, and man, and revealing the link to the Dark Multiverse. I think it'll be a turning point, really. I highly recommend it, in fact you can almost jump in in issue 4 without reading the first three, it think.