Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC's answer to Weapon H (aka "Hulkverine")

So I don't regularly follow Marvel comics, but this has just caught my curiosity. There's a relatively new character named Weapon H, also known as "Hulkverine". And it's kinda what it sounds like: a soldier named Clayton Sung gets the combined powers of both the Hulk and Wolverine.

Basically it's the Hulk with adamantium claws. It sounds so extreme 90s that Pitt would get jealous (remember Pitt from Image Comics? No? Kinda the point).

Thing is ... apparently WEAPON H is a surprisingly decent reward.

It's written by Greg Pak, who is a great writer.

Anyway, the main thrust here is

What could DC's answer to this hybrid be?

Ground Rules:

1. Has to be a combination of two existing DC heroes

2. Both DC heroes have to be popular enough to command their own solo ongoing titles already

3. Your Hybrid DC character's origin has to basically somehow acknowledge it's a deliberate homage to both characters in- universe.

4. Choose a writer (not yourself) to oversee this new character into its own solo ongoing title.

5. Have fun!

Me ...

"Dark Son" (hybrid Batman + Superman): all of Superman's powers with all of Batman's skills and prep- time.

Not sure who I'd want writing him yet.

What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    DC has Batman.
    That should be sufficient answer to almost anything from Marvel in the long-run.

There is already a counterpart for Weapon H. His name is Damage, a mix of Hourman and OMAC, basically.

2. Both DC heroes have to be popular enough to command their own solo ongoing titles already
    Aquaman & Blue Beetle

3. Your Hybrid DC character's origin has to basically somehow acknowledge it's a deliberate homage to both characters in- universe.
    White Prawn
    Hailing from the underwater city of Atlantean mermaids, Mo Marinus is selected by his people to assist and support their monarch in the surface world. He is bestowed an alien artifact to empower, protect, and provide motility in a terrestrial environment. He's told the artifact is similar to the scarab carried by Jaime Reyes, but much, much older... and to find the boy in order to unlock more of its secrets.

In his secret civilian identity, Mo follows the example of Lori Lemaris and hides his fishtail under a blanket and sits in a wheelchair. As a hero, his white scarab device covers his body and provides levitation. The lack of accessibility he encounters in a wheelchair is endlessly frustrating, but necessary in order to maintain his cover as a foreign language teacher and translator.

4. Choose a writer (not yourself) to oversee this new character into its own solo ongoing title.
    Christopher Priest

I think the Devastator from Dark Nights Metal can be considered as the DC counterpart of Weapon H since it's a mix of Batman and Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    There is already a counterpart for Weapon H. His name is Damage, a mix of Hourman and OMAC, basically.
    Yeah that one too !
    Last edited by Hush; 07-14-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    DC has Batman.
    That should be sufficient answer to almost anything from Marvel in the long-run.
    Hell, Batman is the answer to EVERYTHING.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ground Rules:

5. Have fun!

Me ...

"Dark Son" (hybrid Batman + Superman): all of Superman's powers with all of Batman's skills and prep- time.

Not sure who I'd want writing him yet.

What about you?
    The first thing that popped into my head is Amazo + Zod to make Amazod.

Zod escapes the Phantom Zone (or wherever he happens to be) and gets cyborg-netic, bionic Amazo implants and spare parts. All the powers of a Kryptonian, Zod's brand of brilliance, and all the abilities of Amazo to copy the powers and abilities of others. He can negate red solar energy using the abilities of Dr. Light, he can make Kryptonite inert using Firestorm's abilities, he can use or negate magic by tapping into Zatanna's Homo Magi genes, etc.

For a writer...I'm still thinking about that. Zod is so militant, temperamentally cold and aloof, with self-aggrandizing tendencies to me, I need someone who can do sinister in a way I'm thinking about him and how getting these implants might change him and his ideas of Kryptonian "purity."

Honestly, the first thing that popped into my head was OMAC, even if he's his own thing and not a mish-mash of other DC characters.

Incredible Member

First thing that came to mind was the dark versions of Batman that combined him I’m a way with the members of the JL as well of course as the joker.

Cyborg Superm.....Speedborg (Cyborg + Flash)

A machine created by using Cyborg's backup parts to harness the power of the speed force but the machine has a mind of its own and decides it wants to consume the entire Speed Force

Batman with a White Lantern Ring
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Lobo + Doomsday = Doom Wolf

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Lobo + Doomsday = Doom Wolf
    More like Doomstich. Or The Main Day. He doesn't really have any lupine connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, Damage is even a soldier, just like Weapon H is. The hour time limit is actually shared with another recent addition to the Hulk family - Red Hulk II, aka General Maverick, of the U.S.Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    DC has Batman.
    Can't tell if serious or trolling. Either way, my answer to this is the same:

"And DC's utter over- reliance on Batman is, and will continue to be the millstone Round it's neck".