Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Default FOX Legion vs. MCU Doctor Strange

Worldbreaker David with his morals off
    Strange as of his Battle with Thanos

Who wins

Isn’t Legion like “think and people die” Speed/Power?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The difficult part of using David in a Rumble is that it's unclear what aspects of his power are real and what parts delusions.

If we take a superficial view of stuff that he seems to have done, then he can obliterate people by clicking his fingers, teleport, rewrite memories, transmute things (I think), blow stuff up, astrally project both elsewhere in the world but also elsewhere in time, view parallel continuities, pull people into the astral plane and some forms of TK.

He should just be able to mind zorch Strange at the bell, especially since time in the astral plane is super weird.

Pretty sure David wins this. Strange has not really shown any resistance to being suddenly forced to share space with a wall or being squished into a tiny squished box-thing.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The difficult part of using David in a Rumble is that it's unclear what aspects of his power are real and what parts delusions.

If we take a superficial view of stuff that he seems to have done, then he can obliterate people by clicking his fingers, teleport, rewrite memories, transmute things (I think), blow stuff up, astrally project both elsewhere in the world but also elsewhere in time, view parallel continuities, pull people into the astral plane and some forms of TK.

He should just be able to mind zorch Strange at the bell, especially since time in the astral plane is super weird.
    I haven't watched season 2, and I haven't watched S1 in a while. I know David is an unreliable narrator, but we see video footage from the perspective of other characters as he waltzes down a hallway turning people to dust and what not. I think as far as being able to murder things with finger snaps go, we can assume that is real.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I haven't watched season 2, and I haven't watched S1 in a while. I know David is an unreliable narrator, but we see video footage from the perspective of other characters as he waltzes down a hallway turning people to dust and what not. I think as far as being able to murder things with finger snaps go, we can assume that is real.
    I've watched season 2 and it's more my conjecture that I think a lot of the things we have seen might not be as real as they could be.

Obviously not wanting to get into spoilers but I have theories

I'm going to second that David's abilities so far are a really long ways away from anything that we could say is concrete.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I finished season 2 and David takes this. He was full on Astral plane fighting comic style without issue, and can functionally teleport and use TK at high levels including sheilds. Strange can win if he gets some moves off for sure, but he loses the quick draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I finished season 2 and David takes this. He was full on Astral plane fighting comic style without issue, and can functionally teleport and use TK at high levels including sheilds. Strange can win if he gets some moves off for sure, but he loses the quick draw.
    Out of curiosity, what makes you absolutely certain that all of that actually took place.

Not saying it didn't. Just saying that I am less than certain that everything is "Actually" happening.

I think to me that's the most delightful thing about remotely trying to use David in Rumbles threads. There's always something funny about "well, if you assume any of this actually happened in the first place.."

Which, I mean, yeah, might not have!

It's up there with Rebirth Barda being probably a hallucination to some extent.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I think to me that's the most delightful thing about remotely trying to use David in Rumbles threads. There's always something funny about "well, if you assume any of this actually happened in the first place.."

Which, I mean, yeah, might not have!

It's up there with Rebirth Barda being probably a hallucination to some extent.
    It is certainly the most delightful thing about watching season 1. If stuff in season 2 has made him even more questionable, then I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    It is certainly the most delightful thing about watching season 1. If stuff in season 2 has made him even more questionable, then I have no idea.
    One guy's take...

The "Big Picture" has made it harder to decide what is reality and what is not.