View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Science #37

1 8.33%
  • Dead Hand #4

1 8.33%
  • Die Die Die #1 [series premiere]

1 8.33%
  • Elsewhere #8

0 0%
  • Farmhand #1 [series premiere]

3 25.00%
  • Isola #4

1 8.33%
  • Memoirs of a Very Stable Genius [graphic novel]

0 0%
  • Monstress #18

4 33.33%
  • Oblivion Song #5

1 8.33%
  • Outpost Zero #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Port of Earth #7

0 0%
  • Rat Queens #10

0 0%
  • Savage Dragon #235

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #28 - whole lotta new stuff this week!

Waddup gang, better late than never, it's the weekly Image poll!

Last time around was won by Paper Girls #22, which continues to be a popular 80ies throwback/time travel story.

This week we get a bunch of interesting stuff: The Weatherman reprints its first issue, the entirety of Gear is being reprinted to celebrate the series' 20 year anniversary, Elsewhere is reaching a conclusion of sorts (might be back later?), Monstress capstones another storyline as does Rat Queens, and Savage Dragon introduces a new villain.

It's also a week of a lot of new stuff however:
    1. Die Die Die is the new Robert Kirkman series, getting something of a stealth launch it seems. Billed as ultra violent Mayhem, Skybound style.
    2. Farmhand is the new series by Chew creator Rob Guillory. This one's about sinister science and apocalyptic agriculture: our main character doesn't grow beetroots or even corn for high fructose corn syrup - nope, he grows human organs and limbs! Lost a finger? Not anymore! I bet livers are in particular demand amongst the alcoholics of the world?
    3. Outpost Zero is the new Sean McKeever book set in "the smallest town in the universe", a very frozen and remote place where something mysterious stirs quietly...
    4. Memoirs of a Very Stable Genius is Shannon Wheeler's new book, full of gags, personal stories, honest reflections, and political cartoons (Wheeler illustrates the New Yorker, after all). Previous work was titled "**** My President Says", so this might be another best-seller in the works.

319657.jpg 312832.jpg 312841.jpg

And here's the cover to Memoirs of a Very Stable Genius, didn't fit in the opening post!

312848.jpg

I gave Farmhand a go this week. I'm trade waiting a few of the others, so it was the only single issue I picked up from Image. I've never read Chew, but I've heard good things about it and I liked Farmhand. It was weird and intriguing enough to make me want to pick up number 2! Really liked the art too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Vote goes to Die!Die!Die! for an entertaining and surprise 1st issue.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Late but would've voted for Dragon