View Poll Results: As a BP fan, your take on the romance with Storm is:

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Destiny! I always wanted her for him exactly like this for T'Challa!

9 10.84%
  • Love her for him in general, maybe not exactly like this

15 18.07%
  • Like her for him, kinda like WonderBat or SuperWonder

4 4.82%
  • Don't really care who T'Challa is canoodling with

16 19.28%
  • Dislike her for him, too much like WonderBat or SuperWonder

13 15.66%
  • Hate her for him, T'Challa belongs with someone else (specify)

22 26.51%
  • Blasphemy! I never wanted her for him, under any conditions

4 4.82%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How do Black Panther fans feel about Storm?

Poll forthcoming.

Been reading some very mixed messages on the interwebs about this topic (here and elsewhere), so I wanted a better idea of what's going on.

How do "Black Panther - first" (i.e. Tchalla is your favorite character, or at least more favorite than Ororo herself) feel about the romance as it has been officially depicted?

Mega Love it? Mega Hate it? Don't care at all? Has the romance with Storm been an overall positive or negative for Black Panther and his mythos? And why do you think that?

To be clear, I'm curious about this only from the perspective of Black Panther- first fans, as I have gotten a pretty clear idea of how many Storm- first fans feel about the romance from the X-forum.

Overall it’s been a huge negative. It all started with the X-Office being petty ever since Avengers vs X-Men and throwing shade at T’challa at every chance they get. Not helping matters is that the BP franchise is currently being run by a Storm fanboy who makes it clear he could give **** all about T’challa. Why else would he reduce Wakanda to being the embodiment of every negative African stereotype you could think of and having Storm upstage T’challa In his own damn book. Oh well at least I have the MCU and Queen Nakia.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm enjoying the relationship right now. I think Coates writes the couple pretty well.

I don't think they should be together in any sense long term. Marriage was a really bad idea for them.

There overall themes, characterization, and continual plot points are way to different for one side not to suffer from the other.

They should be separated and/or form relationships that better suit them and is more natural for their on-going stories.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I’m a Black Panther fan and I happen to love Storm.

At first I wasn't really fond of it, but Coates really old me on the couple... Still I do prefer Monica Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    At first I wasn't really fond of it, but Coates really old me on the couple... Still I do prefer Monica Lynne
    Though I prefer Storm, I do feel bad Monica was sort of erased from the characters life. The stuff McGregor did with them was great.

BANNED

I liked it as a kid, but I'd prefer T'Challa to be with someone in his own mythos. Putting 2 big characters from two different mythos really doesn't work. Super Wonder and Wonder Bat are great examples of that. It's hard to make both fanbases consistently happy.

In the right hands, they can be done well.

Just won't be done well in an X-book.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I prefer Storm, I do feel bad Monica was sort of erased from the characters life. The stuff McGregor did with them was great.
    I like the Lynne relationship because it was centered around a conflict; Storm/T'Challa thing never had enough dramatic tension for me

BANNED

I loved the Couple as written by Messrs Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie and Liss.

Coates writes an excellent fanfic Storm, whilst portraying T'challa as a chump in his own book.

As far as Coates take on T'challa and Storm?

Utter rubbish.

Post AvX, T'challa deserves better.

I liked the arc where Hudlin had them get married. I have not read any of the Coates handling of Storm in BP's recent history so I can not truthfully answer the pole. It is hard to get up the desire to read the recent stuff since so many of the BP fans (that I trust), seem so down on it.

Coates and his take on the relationship has been a true wonder to behold. Fans of Hudlin’s union are sure to enjoy this take on them.

Spectacular Member

we another poll option: Seemed like a great idea and I was on board but the company screwed it up, now I want them to move on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    we another poll option: Seemed like a great idea and I was on board but the company screwed it up, now I want them to move on.
    I can totally get behind that.