View Poll Results: As a BP fan, your take on the romance with Storm is:

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Destiny! I always wanted her for him exactly like this for T'Challa!

9 10.84%
  • Love her for him in general, maybe not exactly like this

15 18.07%
  • Like her for him, kinda like WonderBat or SuperWonder

4 4.82%
  • Don't really care who T'Challa is canoodling with

16 19.28%
  • Dislike her for him, too much like WonderBat or SuperWonder

13 15.66%
  • Hate her for him, T'Challa belongs with someone else (specify)

22 26.51%
  • Blasphemy! I never wanted her for him, under any conditions

4 4.82%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How do Black Panther fans feel about Storm?

Poll forthcoming.

Been reading some very mixed messages on the interwebs about this topic (here and elsewhere), so I wanted a better idea of what's going on.

How do "Black Panther - first" (i.e. Tchalla is your favorite character, or at least more favorite than Ororo herself) feel about the romance as it has been officially depicted?

Mega Love it? Mega Hate it? Don't care at all? Has the romance with Storm been an overall positive or negative for Black Panther and his mythos? And why do you think that?

To be clear, I'm curious about this only from the perspective of Black Panther- first fans, as I have gotten a pretty clear idea of how many Storm- first fans feel about the romance from the X-forum.

Overall it’s been a huge negative. It all started with the X-Office being petty ever since Avengers vs X-Men and throwing shade at T’challa at every chance they get. Not helping matters is that the BP franchise is currently being run by a Storm fanboy who makes it clear he could give **** all about T’challa. Why else would he reduce Wakanda to being the embodiment of every negative African stereotype you could think of and having Storm upstage T’challa In his own damn book. Oh well at least I have the MCU and Queen Nakia.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm enjoying the relationship right now. I think Coates writes the couple pretty well.

I don't think they should be together in any sense long term. Marriage was a really bad idea for them.

There overall themes, characterization, and continual plot points are way to different for one side not to suffer from the other.

They should be separated and/or form relationships that better suit them and is more natural for their on-going stories.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I’m a Black Panther fan and I happen to love Storm.

At first I wasn't really fond of it, but Coates really old me on the couple... Still I do prefer Monica Lynne

Lightbulb Until the X-office is gutted keep Storm away from BP.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Overall it’s been a huge negative. It all started with the X-Office being petty ever since Avengers vs X-Men and throwing shade at T’challa at every chance they get. Not helping matters is that the BP franchise is currently being run by a Storm fanboy who makes it clear he could give **** all about T’challa. Why else would he reduce Wakanda to being the embodiment of every negative African stereotype you could think of and having Storm upstage T’challa In his own damn book. Oh well at least I have the MCU and Queen Nakia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I loved the Couple as written by Messrs Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie and Liss.

Coates writes an excellent fanfic Storm, whilst portraying T'challa as a chump in his own book.

As far as Coates take on T'challa and Storm?

Utter rubbish.

Post AvX, T'challa deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    A 1.3 billion dollar MCU movie just moved super spy Nakia into "Queen of Wakanda" position while lagging comic book sales are struggling to make ends meet featuring this sooooo last year pairing!

This coupling was cool way back when Hudlin was running the show but now it's just plain redundant and not worth the extra trolling between two different and very distant fanbases!

Unless the ultimate goal is to upset two separate offices (yes, Black Panther should have his own office by now) then by all means drag that dead horse to the finish line!

If Marvel wants to have a 1.3 billion dollar movie have a sequel drop to half a billion dollars then throw Storm up in there and have "Queen" Nakia, General Okoye, Princess Shuri and Queen Mother shake their heads through the whole movie along with millions of black audience members walking out of the theater in droves!

The barbershops and beauty shops would be lit... Black History Month is not interested in a white haired, blue eyed very questionably light skinned character in Wakanda suddenly becoming the main love interest so why is the comic book pushing this?

A whole lot of Storm fans don't even consider her black anyway so what purpose to the intellectual property of Black Panther does she serve moving forward!

Risks versus benefits...

As far as my choice goes I chose T'challa...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I use to love the Black Panther marriage, outside of Spider-Man and MJ that was my favorite pairing in comics. Was on the verge of surpassing that other one actually. So much potentially with their backgrounds and interconnected histories. The definition of a power couple, but than AvX and subsequent stories ruined it.

There is no salvaging the relationship after AvX short of a line wide reboot.

Any attempts at romance post AxV feel a little hollow and do not adequately address the elephant in the room.

Now that Nakia is globally recognized as T'Challas one true love and they compliment each other both mentally and spiritually I don't think the Storm relationship can function.

T'Challa and Nakia forever.

Storm and Black Panther was a brilliant idea we got a number of good/creative stories out of the pairing. Than Marvel ruined it. Never trust Marvel with a romance or relationship. Never.
    Until Marvel editorial in general and the X-Office in particular change their treatment of T'Challa and Wakanda, Storm can kick rocks.

As some of the people I've quoted have said, I loved the pairing during Hudlin's run, but after all these years of T'Challa getting **** on by the X-office and AVX.
    His own book denigrating his character and Wakanda while exalting Storm.

The sooner she is gone, the better.

Excelsior!

Daoud

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    Until Marvel editorial in general and the X-Office in particular change their treatment of T'Challa and Wakanda, Storm can kick rocks.

As some of the people I've quoted have said, I loved the pairing during Hudlin's run, but after all these years of T'Challa getting **** on by the X-office and AVX.
    His own book denigrating his character and Wakanda while exalting Storm.

The sooner she is gone, the better.

Excelsior!

Daoud
    nope I didnt care for how hudlin characterized storm. he meant well but it was poorly executed. coates and mcduffie were by far the best writers of these two together. and ororo will never be gone from the Black Panther mythos. She is literally one of the Wakandan gods now.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nope I didnt care for how hudlin characterized storm. he meant well but it was poorly executed. coates and mcduffie were by far the best writers of these two together. and ororo will never be gone from the Black Panther mythos. She is literally one of the Wakandan gods now.
    Untill the x office actually gives Storm to the BP mythos, then again, she is not a part of the franchise.