View Poll Results: As a BP fan, your take on the romance with Storm is:

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Destiny! I always wanted her for him exactly like this for T'Challa!

9 10.84%
  • Love her for him in general, maybe not exactly like this

15 18.07%
  • Like her for him, kinda like WonderBat or SuperWonder

4 4.82%
  • Don't really care who T'Challa is canoodling with

16 19.28%
  • Dislike her for him, too much like WonderBat or SuperWonder

13 15.66%
  • Hate her for him, T'Challa belongs with someone else (specify)

22 26.51%
  • Blasphemy! I never wanted her for him, under any conditions

4 4.82%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yea there is a thing called lowballing for the purposes of allowing other characters the get the shine. Do you really think a character who can move faster than the speed of sound, can attack opponents with less than a conscious thought, and warp weather on a global scale if written to her fullest potential would have been tagged like that? You wouldn't have a story or conflict ever if Storm was actually shown doing just half of what she is capable of doing. And Storm most certainly could solo a shiar or kree empire if she can wreck weather on a global scale. Just look at the real world impact of such storms as hurricane Michael and Katrina. Storm can do that 1000x over and with out much of a sweat.

I'm sure there is incentive to do so for synergy purposes but did you ever stop to think that maybe the end game is to have Tchalla ultimately with Ororo which is why Coates put them back together and has worked slowly to do so?

But to your point it is a coin flip there is no sure way to know how it will end on either side.

I don't see how you could possibly care about characters if they don't have a decent amount of impact to the story. Why are we supposed to care about characters if you don't write them in a meaningful way? And to you your point about the supporting characters are interchangeable, replaceable or able to be killed is why I believe previous stories prior to Coates is why you didn't find readers caring about them beyond Tchalla. Coates created an entire series to deep dive into the stories involving the Dora. Those types of depictions is why for some you care about them beyond them just protecting Tchalla.

This was all in relation to Tchalla though. What did these people like and what did they do beyond just glorifying Tchalla? That is why world-building is important.

As I asked Cville, what did the people do beyond just loving Tchalla? That's not world-building. The story of WoW is exactly that and that is what Coates was able to do which i think did a lot more to help the franchise than hurt it.
    You do know no one e actually gives two shits about any of the characters Coates created right? The two most loved Characters people talk about are Okoye (Priest created) and Shuri (Hudlin created) andthen there is Nakia (Priest created) as the LI everyone wants the comics to emulate

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You do know no one e actually gives two shits about any of the characters Coates created right? The two most loved Characters people talk about are Okoye (Priest created) and Shuri (Hudlin created) andthen there is Nakia (Priest created) as the LI everyone wants the comics to emulate
    says you. there are many others who do. that's probably why he is one of the most critically acclaimed writers of the franchise. and give it time. people didnt instantly fall in love with shuri in fact I recall some BP fans then who hated the fact she was taking shine away from tchalla. now she is American sweetheart.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-23-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

says you. there are many others who do. that's probably why he is one of the most critically acclaimed writers of the franchise. and give it time. people didnt instantly fall in love with shuri in fact I recall some BP fans then who hate the fact she was taking shine away from tchalla.
    I was disappointed with Shuri when Mayberry took her from Paris Hilton to needing anger management.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I was disappointed with Shuri when Mayberry took her from Paris Hilton to needing anger management.
    lmfao lololol.. I didnt like mayberry doomwar much either it was a lot of questionable moments in the book
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    The FF Thing was more like in the aftermath of Civil War...and that was a mess by itself for the FF overall.

I mean many characters underestimated T'Challa and his actions and that Priest was building him up like this. Trust is a two-way street that rarely run parallel to each other. At least in the terms of T'Challa trusting other Avengers outside of Captain America. Plus, I think he and Tony would often be more at odds with each other given their unique intelligence.

Also I think Hudlin was just having fun with T'Challa's team up in his storylines.

As for Namor....well he is Namor.
    None of this counters what MoS and I said I. Regards to T'Challa and his interactions with the rest of the MU. He was shown teaming up with other heroes and being friendly to them.

says you. there are many others who do. that's probably why he is one of the most critically acclaimed writers of the franchise. and give it time. people didnt instantly fall in love with shuri in fact I recall some BP fans then who hated the fact she was taking shine away from tchalla. now she is American sweetheart.
    Oh yes I am sure there are pages upon pages of people clamoring about how great Aneka and Ayo are.... Oh wait... There's a reason Okoye randomly showed up out of the blue on Coates book, why Wakanda forever focused more on Okoye and ugly Nakia and why Okoye is in Shuris mini and looks oddly similar to danai...

The only Characters likely to be remembered from Coates stories outside T'Challa Okoye, ramonda, and Shuri will be Storm and Eden... Two out of franchise Characters

What is this nonsense about there being little to no world building prior to Coates? Did someone not read previous runs?

Oh yes I am sure there are pages upon pages of people clamoring about how great Aneka and Ayo are.... Oh wait... There's a reason Okoye randomly showed up out of the blue on Coates book, why Wakanda forever focused more on Okoye and ugly Nakia and why Okoye is in Shuris mini and looks oddly similar to danai...

The only Characters likely to be remembered from Coates stories outside T'Challa Okoye, ramonda, and Shuri will be Storm and Eden... Two out of franchise Characters
    time will most certainly tell now wont it

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    What is this nonsense about there being little to no world building prior to Coates? Did someone not read previous runs?
    Obviously they did not. And it's hilarious that this is coming from Storm fans when it was Hudlin that wrote the best and most popular version of her relationship with T'Challa. You know, the same guy that without shame wrote the two of them getting married and showed how the rest of the world and Wakanda felt about it. That was Hudlin, not Coates.

This is getting downright silly to be honest.

time will most certainly tell now wont it
    If it's a matter of time then, simply put, you really have no business or proof that Coates has done a better job at world building than past writers.

His most popular contributions are the kinetic energy thing and some visual aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    If it's a matter of time then, simply put, you really have no business or proof that Coates has done a better job at world building than past writers.

His most popular contributions are the kinetic energy thing and some visual aesthetics.
    Nah see that's a misconception. Coates didn't create the force push. That was Brian stelfreeze. He created the force push, and the aesthetics. Yet again, like everything else, Coates gets the credit for it, just like people forced poor Evan to fight tooth and nail reiterating in every interview that HE was writing Rise, not Coates and Marvel did bhim dirty by putting Coates name first on the covers even though he was a consultant.

I will say Coates will be remembered for having Storm and Tchalla on better terms list avx bis all

Nah see that's a misconception. Coates didn't create the force push. That was Brian stelfreeze. He created the force push, and the aesthetics. Yet again, like everything else, Coates gets the credit for it, just like people forced poor Evan to fight tooth and nail reiterating in every interview that HE was writing Rise, not Coates and Marvel did bhim dirty by putting Coates name first on the covers even though he was a consultant.

I will say Coates will be remembered for having Storm and Tchalla on better terms list avx bis all
    I only mean that in the sense that it came from his run. Of course Stelfreeze's concept art shows he created it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

These things are really based upon ones preference and taste but beyond this what writer outside of Coates gave Wakanda a galactic presence?

What writer outside of Coates consulted in the creation of a separate book geared at fleshing out some of the Dora Milaje?

What writer outside of Coates explored the impact of the government in the place of the people in dealing with a monarch versus a more democratic one?

His contributions go way beyond kinetic energy and some visual aesthetics. Again, he isn't one of the more revered BP writers for no reason.

Can I get an Fantastic Four BlackPanther book.
    TChallaStorm ShuriHunter
    Queen Mother &Nezheno
    Dora's&Hautut Zearea

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Can I get an Fantastic Four BlackPanther book.
    TChallaStorm ShuriHunter
    Queen Mother &Nezheno
    Dora's&Hautut Zearea
    oooh now I would read the heck out of that. I also liked the idea that marvell through out about then both going on a galatic adventure together.