View Poll Results: As a BP fan, your take on the romance with Storm is:

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Destiny! I always wanted her for him exactly like this for T'Challa!

9 10.84%
  • Love her for him in general, maybe not exactly like this

15 18.07%
  • Like her for him, kinda like WonderBat or SuperWonder

4 4.82%
  • Don't really care who T'Challa is canoodling with

16 19.28%
  • Dislike her for him, too much like WonderBat or SuperWonder

13 15.66%
  • Hate her for him, T'Challa belongs with someone else (specify)

22 26.51%
  • Blasphemy! I never wanted her for him, under any conditions

4 4.82%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I don't hate them together, but I do think T'Challa needs a love interest who belongs solely to his franchise.

Heroes from different editorial offices being together rarely works well, and even at the best of times there's a ton of juggling that has to be done. What if the X-writer wants to take Storm in one direction, but the BP writer wants to do something else? You can probably find a work-around solution in most cases but it adds another layer to the process that can slow both writers down and distract editors who have more important things to be doing.

Done well, I like them together. But I don't see it as a long-term possibility so I'd rather just see writers focus on the two characters individually and invest time and effort developing relationships for them that can actually last.

If the X-office wants to give up their rights to Storm and let her "live" with the Panther editorial office (or vice versa), great. Otherwise? Someone in one office or another is going to screw it up and end up wasting all the time spent on them as a couple.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Keep Ororo with T'Challa and have Bloodstorm take her X-man post lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    In the right hands, they can be done well.

Just won't be done well in an X-book.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I loved the Couple as written by Messrs Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie and Liss.

Coates writes an excellent fanfic Storm, whilst portraying T'challa as a chump in his own book.

As far as Coates take on T'challa and Storm?

Utter rubbish.

Post AvX, T'challa deserves better.
    What he said.

I see so much story potential just laying around.

A 1.3 billion dollar MCU movie just moved super spy Nakia into "Queen of Wakanda" position while lagging comic book sales are struggling to make ends meet featuring this sooooo last year pairing!

This coupling was cool way back when Hudlin was running the show but now it's just plain redundant and not worth the extra trolling between two different and very distant fanbases!

Unless the ultimate goal is to upset two separate offices (yes, Black Panther should have his own office by now) then by all means drag that dead horse to the finish line!

If Marvel wants to have a 1.3 billion dollar movie have a sequel drop to half a billion dollars then throw Storm up in there and have "Queen" Nakia, General Okoye, Princess Shuri and Queen Mother shake their heads through the whole movie along with millions of black audience members walking out of the theater in droves!

The barbershops and beauty shops would be lit... Black History Month is not interested in a white haired, blue eyed very questionably light skinned character in Wakanda suddenly becoming the main love interest so why is the comic book pushing this?

A whole lot of Storm fans don't even consider her black anyway so what purpose to the intellectual property of Black Panther does she serve moving forward!

Risks versus benefits...

As far as my choice goes I chose T'challa...

AHEM...

AHEM again...

I don't hate her, I just don't particularly care for her and I was never a fan of the marriage but I liked how Priest and McDuffie wrote them together. Coates using T'Challa and his mythos to push Storm because her own franchise isn't really interested in her is only making me dislike the relationship even more. I much rather see BP with another hero or Malaika since she's basically MCU Nakia in everything but name.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I don't hate her, I just don't particularly care for her and I was never a fan of the marriage but I liked how Priest and McDuffie wrote them together. Coates using T'Challa and his mythos to push Storm because her own franchise isn't really interested in her is only making me dislike the relationship even more. I much rather see BP with another hero or Malaika since she's basically MCU Nakia in everything but name.
    I do agree with the point about T’Challa’s book being used to push Storm. Even though I really love the stories, I do get the frustrations about Coates taking greater care in Storm’s portrayal than any X-men writer has afforded for BP in the X-men books. That’s unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    we another poll option: Seemed like a great idea and I was on board but the company screwed it up, now I want them to move on.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It's time for the 1.3 billion dollar Black Panther intellectual property to say goodbye to a character that can't hold their own solo ongoing comic and have never appeared in a movie that they personally carried!

Bye Felicia...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Keep Ororo with T'Challa and have Bloodstorm take her X-man post lol
    I approve this message!!! lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So, at least on this tiny sample size and totally unscientific poll, it seems that more people here dislike than like the BP x Storm pairing, and a lot of that may have to do with what the current writer is doing to T'Challa.

Who do you think has more overall pull with Marvel, the pro-Storm/BP crowd of the comics or the pro-Nakia/BP crowd of the movie?

Director Ryan Coogler and actor Chadwick Boseman have stated they don't want to bring in Storm to mess up the movie's established pairing of Boseman and Lupita's Nakia (who apparently is nothing like her comic book counterpart but exactly like another BP character in the comics) for the sequel.

And I have to think that the factors of this movie's overwhelming success should bleed over to the printed page at some point, either naturally, or by editorial edict.

Has the movie yet affected the storytelling of the comic book title?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 07-18-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Well there's this...

http://community.comicbookresources....oing-Announced

I assume that a lot of other things MCU related will happen with the Black Panther intellectual property similar to what happened to Blade after his movie got the Wesley Snipes treatment!

Disney has bills to pay and salaries to cover so when an opportunity like this to get the black vote shows itself clearly why go The Princess and The Frog route and duck all that jet black love trying to be all light skinded'...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...andthefrog.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2017b.htm

King T'challa "I Never Freeze" actively pursuing a dark skinned love of his life opened a door that so many entertainment companies were afraid of to the point of positioning a lighter complexioned character as the love interest!

In a lot of other movies they went white on white love interests without hesitation but somehow got to black love and chickened out with an alternate persuasion so having a white haired, blue eyed light skinded' mutant as a love interest after all that Nakia did on screen is officially a full blown cop out!

1.3 billion dollars has spoken loud and clear... PEACE!!!

Astonishing Member

I like both characters but I don't think the two mythos mix well

I'm not a fan of how T'challa has been written in his own book, he feels like a second string guest star to me in a very good book about Wakanda

I've never really thought he and storm worked very well, or at least haven't been done very well, but I missed some of their early years together

I suppose I just don't find storm very interesting away from the x books where's she's one of my fave characters

Kinda getting the vibe that many Black Panther fans are unhappy with Coates writing.

So, a few follow-up questions:

1. How is BLACK PANTHER currently selling under Coates?

2. How much longer do you think Coates stays on as the writer on BLACK PANTHER?

3. When Coates leaves the book, what will likely happen to the Black Panther / Storm romance: formal continuation or definitive break-up?

4. If Storm is removed from the BP mythos (and returns fully to the X- offices), is there an obvious alternative love interest that works better for 616-T'Challa ... and who is it?