View Poll Results: As a BP fan, your take on the romance with Storm is:

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Destiny! I always wanted her for him exactly like this for T'Challa!

9 10.84%
  • Love her for him in general, maybe not exactly like this

15 18.07%
  • Like her for him, kinda like WonderBat or SuperWonder

4 4.82%
  • Don't really care who T'Challa is canoodling with

16 19.28%
  • Dislike her for him, too much like WonderBat or SuperWonder

13 15.66%
  • Hate her for him, T'Challa belongs with someone else (specify)

22 26.51%
  • Blasphemy! I never wanted her for him, under any conditions

4 4.82%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I think it felt too one-sided. Someone at Marvel needs to reign in the X-men and have them input T’chall Into some of the stories. Have them balance each other out by placing some mutants in a sideline land of Wakanda as an away team/defense.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I think it felt too one-sided. Someone at Marvel needs to reign in the X-men and have them input T’chall Into some of the stories. Have them balance each other out by placing some mutants in a sideline land of Wakanda as an away team/defense.
    rather they never cross paths again tbh

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They're more than just friends.
    Since when? They're dating now? Even if that is the case, I still don't like it, they should move on.

I'd prefer she didn't show up anymore. It is time to move on.

It had a chance to work. It got sabotaged by editorial in a crap event. Whatever, it happens. We got a few good stories out of it (honeymoon tour, new fantastic four, SWAD, deadliest of the species) at least.

This limbo stage they have been in for years where T'challa won't move on and Storm gets to move on when its convenient is just dumb as this point.

Storm is a net negative in regards to Wakanda.

Last time they had a story together that was actually entertaining was... maybe the Storm Hunter arc in Black Panther? or deadliest of the species. So its been 7+ years
    Let the past die. Bury it if you have to.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-22-2018 at 08:19 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Lets seperate the movies from the comics though.

MCU Nakia and T'Challa compliment each other very well. Malice and T'Challa not so much.
    Malice isn't Nakia I don't even consider them the same characters. They just happen to share the same names.

I think its kind of refreshing BP doesn't have 100+ love interest like some other comic characters.

I'm still 100% on the Nakia train, but if not her you've still got Monica Lynne. T'Challa did her dirty in Hudlin's run.

Or you could push a Spectrum/Photon pairing. She's crazy powerful and doesn't have the X-men baggage, but I kind of like her with Blue Marvel (despite the age difference which is kind of ew)
    The J-man

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The issue isn't simply Storm isn't allowed to save the day in another Characters book (really they should more so be offering an assist not actually defeating the big bad themselves) but the fact that, as I was alluding too, what all your examples have in Common is that they took place in BP's books.

When was the last time you saw T'Challa show up in an x book with storm and be shown to be saving the day? Or providing a major assist? What we get is T'Challa bankrolling the X-Men, then wolverine goes on some racist rant and Storm is backing him up to Cyclops.

So yeah one way street. People used to say the marriage was just so T'Challa could benefit of Storms popularity but it's very clear who's benefitting from who.

Also. Storm. Is. Not. A. BP. Character. There long ties don't equate her to being part of his supporting cast. Sorry but that is not how that works
    well actually there was one other instance where storm (with the help of bast) saved tchalla and wakanda from shadow king. this was in essence an xbook, not a BP book. also tchalla in xmen, with the help of jean and trinary, were able to save storms life from a nanite that was meant to cause storm to destroy mutants, as well as herself. there was also the time tchalla in logans book helped saved the day by addressing nanites plaguing the heroes in that story. so it hasnt been completely one sided and hasnt all occured in BP books.

see the above examples of times tchalla has saved the day or helped save the day in xbooks. if you are trying to convey a certain narrative of course you wont see the other instances where tchalla was shown favorable. so your whole arguement about it being one sided isnt true.

and she is a BP character and xmen, which is why you see her in both books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    This thread is about how BP fans feel about Storm, correct?

It's been stated adnauseam that if BP books roll out the red carpet to make Storm look good and heroic in BP's book (i.e. doing her a favor/back scratch), but questionable if not zero effort is made in the xbooks for BP, then many of us dont care for that ish. So no, I dont care to see Storm save the day in a BP book lol and if she were, BP better get comparable treatment in her books.

And if he cant bc her editorial has issues even making her look good or heroic... well, to my earlier statement, most BP fans are aware that the fault lies in the xoffices and not an inherent character flaw she has.
    that is correct yes. the question is asking BP fans what they think about storm but the message coming from some fans seem to be incongruent. some are saying she is doing nothing and brings nothing to the franchise while some are saying she is doing everything. the perception of how she impacts the BP world isnt consistent between the BP fans.

nonetheless, as I mentioned to ezyo there are instances in the xbooks where he does save the day or helps to. it may not be at the degree that ororo has but it's not accurate to say there have been zero instances of that happening. additionally as I mentioned, ororo rarely gets proper treatment so why would anyone expect tchalla to?

and I would hope more fans had the sentiments as you because I agree it editorial that is the problem; however, most I believe would actually blame the character and have blamed her which I find to be unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd prefer she didn't show up anymore. It is time to move on.

It had a chance to work. It got sabotaged by editorial in a crap event. Whatever, it happens. We got a few good stories out of it (honeymoon tour, new fantastic four, SWAD, deadliest of the species) at least.

This limbo stage they have been in for years where T'challa won't move on and Storm gets to move on when its convenient is just dumb as this point.

Storm is a net negative in regards to Wakanda.

Last time they had a story together that was actually entertaining was... maybe the Storm Hunter arc in Black Panther? or deadliest of the species. So its been 7+ years
    Let the past die. Bury it if you have to.
    storm hasnt moved on which is why they are back together. they tried to show her moving on with a character who has admittedly said he never saw her due to other women (primarily jean). coates has done a wonderful job repairing their relationship and I imagine once storm appears in the movie their union will be undoubtedly solidified again.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-22-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

moving on and coming back =/= never moving on.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Lightbulb Until the X-office is gutted keep Storm away from BP.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Overall it’s been a huge negative. It all started with the X-Office being petty ever since Avengers vs X-Men and throwing shade at T’challa at every chance they get. Not helping matters is that the BP franchise is currently being run by a Storm fanboy who makes it clear he could give **** all about T’challa. Why else would he reduce Wakanda to being the embodiment of every negative African stereotype you could think of and having Storm upstage T’challa In his own damn book. Oh well at least I have the MCU and Queen Nakia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I loved the Couple as written by Messrs Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie and Liss.

Coates writes an excellent fanfic Storm, whilst portraying T'challa as a chump in his own book.

As far as Coates take on T'challa and Storm?

Utter rubbish.

Post AvX, T'challa deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    A 1.3 billion dollar MCU movie just moved super spy Nakia into "Queen of Wakanda" position while lagging comic book sales are struggling to make ends meet featuring this sooooo last year pairing!

This coupling was cool way back when Hudlin was running the show but now it's just plain redundant and not worth the extra trolling between two different and very distant fanbases!

Unless the ultimate goal is to upset two separate offices (yes, Black Panther should have his own office by now) then by all means drag that dead horse to the finish line!

If Marvel wants to have a 1.3 billion dollar movie have a sequel drop to half a billion dollars then throw Storm up in there and have "Queen" Nakia, General Okoye, Princess Shuri and Queen Mother shake their heads through the whole movie along with millions of black audience members walking out of the theater in droves!

The barbershops and beauty shops would be lit... Black History Month is not interested in a white haired, blue eyed very questionably light skinned character in Wakanda suddenly becoming the main love interest so why is the comic book pushing this?

A whole lot of Storm fans don't even consider her black anyway so what purpose to the intellectual property of Black Panther does she serve moving forward!

Risks versus benefits...

As far as my choice goes I chose T'challa...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I use to love the Black Panther marriage, outside of Spider-Man and MJ that was my favorite pairing in comics. Was on the verge of surpassing that other one actually. So much potentially with their backgrounds and interconnected histories. The definition of a power couple, but than AvX and subsequent stories ruined it.

There is no salvaging the relationship after AvX short of a line wide reboot.

Any attempts at romance post AxV feel a little hollow and do not adequately address the elephant in the room.

Now that Nakia is globally recognized as T'Challas one true love and they compliment each other both mentally and spiritually I don't think the Storm relationship can function.

T'Challa and Nakia forever.

Storm and Black Panther was a brilliant idea we got a number of good/creative stories out of the pairing. Than Marvel ruined it. Never trust Marvel with a romance or relationship. Never.
    Until Marvel editorial in general and the X-Office in particular change their treatment of T'Challa and Wakanda, Storm can kick rocks.

As some of the people I've quoted have said, I loved the pairing during Hudlin's run, but after all these years of T'Challa getting **** on by the X-office and AVX.
    His own book denigrating his character and Wakanda while exalting Storm.

The sooner she is gone, the better.

Excelsior!

Daoud

@butterflykyss
    I think that the problem that many BP fans has with the pairing at the moment, is that althougth Coates has done a good job with her in his books, his take on TChalla and Wakanda has left a lot to be desired for then. He hadn't struck a dynamic that so far satisfy both camps. Now that migth very well change with the next writer, maybe the next one can do reach that sweet middle point that do good for both sides, but that's the distant and dark future that we can't predict.

At least that's what i gathered reading the BP appreciatiob thread anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    Until Marvel editorial in general and the X-Office in particular change their treatment of T'Challa and Wakanda, Storm can kick rocks.

As some of the people I've quoted have said, I loved the pairing during Hudlin's run, but after all these years of T'Challa getting **** on by the X-office and AVX.
    His own book denigrating his character and Wakanda while exalting Storm.

The sooner she is gone, the better.

Excelsior!

Daoud
    nope I didnt care for how hudlin characterized storm. he meant well but it was poorly executed. coates and mcduffie were by far the best writers of these two together. and ororo will never be gone from the Black Panther mythos. She is literally one of the Wakandan gods now.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    @butterflykyss
    I think that the problem that many BP fans has with the pairing at the moment, is that althougth Coates has done a good job with her in his books, his take on TChalla and Wakanda has left a lot to be desired for then. He hadn't struck a dynamic that so far satisfy both camps. Now that migth very well change with the next writer, maybe the next one can do reach that sweet middle point that do good for both sides, but that's the distant and dark future that we can predict.

At least that's what i gathered reading the BP appreciatiob thread anyway
    Hi there Cape.

As a BP fan, what do you think of how he is currently being portrayed in his book? Isn't he the assertive, strong, character who is saving the day that BP fans have asked for? What then is the concern now if that is the case?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hi there Cape.

As a BP fan, what do you think of how he is currently being portrayed in his book? Isn't he the assertive, strong, character who is saving the day that BP fans have asked for? What then is the concern now if that is the case?
    Rigth now? Is an improvement over the last volume, but is not saying much. I understand what he was trying to do at making him a more flawed and less the hyper-competent guy that he was in previous year, especially under Hudlin, he even quoted Spider-Man as an example and that regard (a heroes that stumble and fails) but he sort of went too far in the other direction and sort of make him look incompetent, plus the changes that he made in their world like the Rape Camps...was a tad too much. Also his voice for TChalla lacks something, i don't know exactly how to describe it, maybe has to do with his terrible pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Rigth now? Is an improvement over the last volume, but is not saying much. I understand what he was trying to do at making him a more flawed and less the hyper-competent guy that he was in previous year, especially under Hudlin, he even quoted Spider-Man as an example and that regard (a heroes that stumble and fails) but he sort of went too far in the other direction and sort of make him look incompetent, plus the changes that he made in their world like the Rape Camps...was a tad too much. Also his voice for TChalla lacks something, i don't know exactly how to describe it, maybe has to do with his terrible pacing.
    I see. everyone has their opinions and what they prefer. I actually enjoyed black panther a whole lot more than this season. that said, I don't think anyone can make the argument storm is getting better treatment than tchalla, especially now so I dont understand that continued narrative.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-22-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Xmen Red did put a couple mutants in Wakanda for a little bit. Didn't quite work out. But there's always Gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I see. everyone has their opinions and what they prefer. I actually enjoyed black panther a whole lot more than this season. that said, I don't think anyone can make the argument storm is getting better treatment than tchalla, especially now so I dont understand that continued narrative.
    In two stories, the only two stories Coates have written, T'challa hasn't been "the man" to get the win.

Season 1, shuri subdued the Doras, Chang had to give a speech, and force army had to stop tetu. A force ghost army he coudn't call without Eden.

Season 2, Thunderball killed klaw, Storm killed?ish Adversary.

Coates acts like T'challa's super power is delegating tasks to everyone else while he sits back and does a whole lot of nothing.

So far, Season 3 is different, let's see what happens.