View Poll Results: As a BP fan, your take on the romance with Storm is:

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Destiny! I always wanted her for him exactly like this for T'Challa!

9 10.84%
  • Love her for him in general, maybe not exactly like this

15 18.07%
  • Like her for him, kinda like WonderBat or SuperWonder

4 4.82%
  • Don't really care who T'Challa is canoodling with

16 19.28%
  • Dislike her for him, too much like WonderBat or SuperWonder

13 15.66%
  • Hate her for him, T'Challa belongs with someone else (specify)

22 26.51%
  • Blasphemy! I never wanted her for him, under any conditions

4 4.82%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    In two stories, the only two stories Coates have written, T'challa hasn't been "the man" to get the win.

Season 1, shuri subdued the Doras, Chang had to give a speech, and force army had to stop tetu. A force ghost army he coudn't call without Eden.

Season 2, Thunderball killed klaw, Storm killed?ish Adversary.

Coates acts like T'challa's super power is delegating tasks to everyone else while he sits back and does a whole lot of nothing.

So far, Season 3 is different, let's see what happens.
    tchalla was the "brain" of everything; he was the puppet master. without him acting as the glue no of what happened in season 1 or 2 in terms of a victory would have happened. remember this is also the parallel that way established between ezra and tchalla in BP and the crew, that is they were the brain of their respective teams.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

personally we will see where tchalla and ororo are in a few years. I'm sure marvel is paving the way to put these two together both on the screen and in the comics.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    tchalla was the "brain" of everything; he was the puppet master. without him acting as the glue no of what happened in season 1 or 2 in terms of a victory would have happened. remember this is also the parallel that way established between ezra and tchalla in BP and the crew, that is they were the brain of their respective teams.
    And thats cool every once in awhile or in a team book like Avengers

but after two years in a solo book......

Look at it this way:

- Storm book is announced. Storm fans go wild!

- In the first YEAR LONG/12 issue story, the final conflict is solved by Yukio and a brand new character completely made up you have no connection to whatsoever. Storm is the "delegator." Also, the entire season, you will hav e to hear about how Storm is a shitty god and should give up her godhood because she sucks at it. So she gives it up in the end for the bettterment of the people (parallel to T'challa giving up the monarchy)

- In the second YEAR LONG/12 issue story, the first conflict is solved by a villain who has nothing to do with the mythos whatsoever... so let's say Grim Reaper, while the main conflict is solved by a fight between T'challa and the villain. Storm is a lightning lass here and there and is the "delegator."

Would you, as a storm fan, honestly love that lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Look at it this way:

- In the first YEAR LONG/12 issue story, the final conflict is solved by Yukio and a brand new character completely made up you have no connection to whatsoever. Storm is the "delegator." Also, the entire season, you will hav e to hear about how Storm is a shitty god and should give up her godhood because she sucks at it. So she gives it up in the end for the bettterment of the people (parallel to T'challa giving up the monarchy)

- In the second YEAR LONG/12 issue story, the first conflict is solved by a villain who has nothing to do with the mythos whatsoever... so let's say Grim Reaper, while the main conflict is solved by a fight between T'challa and the villain. Storm is a lightning lass here and there and is the "delegator."

I dont think you give us storm fan enough credit.

storm fans have seen her go from a goddess, an xmen who was created and had power levels on par with Phoenix (pre dark phoenix) who was stripped of all her powers to only a character who had to rely on her wits, cunning and physical strengths to defeat her opponents. with that said, storm even though she is one of the best tactical xmen isnt known for being able to create machines and gadgets (and what not) to save the day. she is known for her ability to warp the weather.

so to your question I wouldnt want to read a solo book about her delegating tasks to other people if it was within her power to get things done herself. I totally wouldn't mind a solo of her fighting threats beyond her power by seeking help from others who had greater power or skill, which is essentially what tchalla did.

bottom line, storm fans are used to seeing her in roles where she is a support so that wouldnt be something preferred but it most certainly be a deal breaker.

I think BP fans are not used to seeing him rely on others so much but I think in an effort to "world-build" his allies and give them meat to his story this had to happen.

I totally wouldn't mind a solo of her fighting threats beyond her power by seeking help from others who had greater power or skill, which is essentially what tchalla did.

Stane is not beyond T'challa's power base.
    Tetu is not beyond T'challa's power base.
    Zenzi is not beyond T'challa's powerbase.
    Invasion is not beyond T'challa's powerbase.
    The Doras are not beyond T'challa's powerbase.
    Klaw has been defeated many times by T'challa personally and not beyond his power base.

so to your question I wouldnt want to read a solo book about her delegating tasks to other people if it was within her power to get things done herself.
    well now you know how BP fans feel. We don't feel most of the threats presented are beyond his capability to handle by himself.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Look at it this way:

Honestly I'd be happy that Storm had a solo book for 2 years.

Stane is not beyond T'challa's power base.
    Tetu is not beyond T'challa's power base.
    Zenzi is not beyond T'challa's powerbase.
    Invasion is not beyond T'challa's powerbase.
    The Doras are not beyond T'challa's powerbase.
    Klaw has been defeated many times by T'challa personally and not beyond his power base.

well now you know how BP fans feel. We don't feel most of the threats presented are beyond his capability to handle by himself.
    but you are not acknowledging the point about world building. if tchalla was defeating everyone and beating every threat that faced wakanda what would be the point of any of the other characters? the dora, shuri, or the hatut zeraze for instance?

so I take it you think tchalla could have defeated adversary on his own too then? I think it's important if you want to care about the characters around tchalla that they are explored beyond the perspective of tchalla simply saving their lives countless times. that doesnt make you care about them. writing them (and tchalla) in complex, human and flawed ways is what makes you connect with a character.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'd be happy that Storm had a solo book for 2 years.
    as many times as Carol has had her book rebooted storm should definitely get way more than 2 years in my opinion.

but you are not acknowledging the point about world building. if tchalla was defeating everyone and beating every threat that faced wakanda what would be the point of any of the other characters? the dora, shuri, or the hatut zeraze for instance?
    Support characters support. That is there job description.

But, I don't believe Coates is a good world builder though. The biggest thing with world building are the Rogues and his rogues are thin and terrible or aren't even connected to the mythos (aka aren't owned by BLack Panther) so they don't build anything. Three of his main supporting characters aren't part of the mythos (storm, eden, thunderball) and therefore don't really build anything either.

So that leaves you with a collection of character he created all by himself (ayo, aneka, changamire, hodari, HZ dude) which means he is barely building anything because they will disappear just as fast as they appear. Happens everytime people make up their own characters and they don't stick.

After than, you have Shuri and Ramonda. Oh and Okoye magically re-appeared. The movie did more to world build than coates.

You don't world build by burning everyting down and planting your own ****. You grow what is already there so they become entrenched into the mythos and feel like real characters that evolve with the main character.

But, that is a whole other thread though.

so I take it you think tchalla could have defeated adversary on his own too then?

I said most. I sat there and listed every villain except him lol.

I could handle Storm being the plot winning plot device (except for the god of wakanda crap. i'll be happy when thats retconned away) if T'challa got to do something beforehand other than delegate. Instead of it 2 years of nothing, ending with two non mythos characters (Thunderball and Storm) being the plot device.

Support characters support. That is there job description.

But, I don't believe Coates is a good world builder though. The biggest thing with world building are the Rogues and his rogues are thin and terrible or aren't even connected to the mythos (aka aren't owned by BLack Panther) so they don't build anything. Three of his main supporting characters aren't part of the mythos (storm, eden, thunderball) and therefore don't really build anything either.

So that leaves you with a collection of character he created all by himself (ayo, aneka, changamire, hodari, HZ dude) which means he is barely building anything because they will disappear just as fast as they appear. Happens everytime people make up their own characters and they don't stick.

After than, you have Shuri and Ramonda. Oh and Okoye magically re-appeared. The movie did more to world build than coates.

You don't world build by burning everyting down and planting your own ****. You grow what is already there so they become entrenched into the mythos and feel like real characters that evolve with the main character.

But, that is a whole other thread though.

I said most. I sat there and listed every villain except him lol.

I could handle Storm being the plot winning plot device (except for the god of wakanda crap. i'll be happy when thats retconned away) if T'challa got to do something beforehand other than delegate. Instead of it 2 years of nothing, ending with two non mythos characters (Thunderball and Storm) being the plot device.
    I would ask you this. what details on this level of wakanda did we know prior to coates? the exploration of the towns, peoples and dealings outside and around the capital where tchalla and the capital resides? tchalla made a great deal of world being of WofW where we got to deep dive into who and what the Dora are, how they operate. I personally thought Coates did a good job with Changamire and his relationship to Ramonda. So I think it really just boils down to personal preference.

I did notice that you omitted his name so that's great and too many people are on board with the hadari yao for it to be retconned. She may no longer be solely a wakandan goddess but her being a goddess I hope is here to stay. and tchalla's story is still ongoing . yes ororo was a big plot device but she has very little to do with the development he is currently receiving.

Doesn't matter what BP fans or anyone else thinks for that matter. No matter what Coates does, it's irrelevant. Basically it's like MindofShadow said, it's a one-sided relationship. Coates writes them all romantic in the BP title.

Meanwhile, in the X-books, the writers create some new villain who falls for Storm(she has feelings as well but must resist) or they revisit any number of past Storm relationships, totally ignoring whatever it is Coates is doing.

But to be fair, many BP fans are ignoring what Coates is doing so I can't be mad at 'em.

The BP/Storm relationship/romance is a big effing tease to string along fans who want them together.

For those supporting Coates, just ask yourself a simple question: Why didn't Coates just have Storm go along in space with T'Challa? Why leave her on Earth?

Wouldn't it have been a better story for the romance if they had Storm and T'Challa side-by-side taking down the evil empire? Instead, Coates brings in movie Nakia as a potential love interest. Kinda kicking the romance in the 'nads.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Doesn't matter what BP fans or anyone else thinks for that matter. No matter what Coates does, it's irrelevant. Basically it's like MindofShadow said, it's a one-sided relationship. Coates writes them all romantic in the BP title.

Meanwhile, in the X-books, the writers create some new villain who falls for Storm(she has feelings as well but must resist) or they revisit any number of past Storm relationships, totally ignoring whatever it is Coates is doing.

But to be fair, many BP fans are ignoring what Coates is doing so I can't be mad at 'em.

The BP/Storm relationship/romance is a big effing tease to string along fans who want them together.

For those supporting Coates, just ask yourself a simple question: Why didn't Coates just have Storm go along in space with T'Challa? Why leave her on Earth?

Wouldn't it have been a better story for the romance if they had Storm and T'Challa side-by-side taking down the evil empire? Instead, Coates brings in movie Nakia as a potential love interest. Kinda kicking the romance in the 'nads.

The thing is if Storm had gone on this adventure with him some BP fans would be arguing that she shouldn't be in the book and she is taking away from BP. And at this point there is no indication that Nakia will be a potential love interest for Tchalla. M'Baku and Nakia seem more of an interest to me in the book than Tchalla and Nakia.

Also, what villain has fallen for Ororo that she must resist? The last reference to her and any relationship was in Xmen Red where Tchalla mentioned things were complicated.

It's like bringing Storm with him into Hells Kitchen. Not quite sure she would fit.

Not that Coates in theory couldn't have involved her or Shuri into the story if he really wanted too ... but I think this actually works better as is.

The thing is if Storm had gone on this adventure with him some BP fans would be arguing that she shouldn't be in the book and she is taking away from BP. And at this point there is no indication that Nakia will be a potential love interest for Tchalla. M'Baku and Nakia seem more of an interest to me in the book than Tchalla and Nakia.

Also, what villain has fallen for Ororo that she must resist? The last reference to her and any relationship was in Xmen Red where Tchalla mentioned things were complicated.
    Some BP fans are against them being together anyway so what would it matter if she went to space with him. If fans of the Storm/BP romance want them together, why would they care of some BP fans are going to be upset.

If it's damned if you do or damned if you don't them just say eff it and do it.

Some BP fans are against them being together anyway so what would it matter if she went to space with him. If fans of the Storm/BP romance want them together, why would they care of some BP fans are going to be upset.

If it's damned if you do or damned if you don't them just say eff it and do it.
    well you know me well enough to know I wouldnt care two cents about if people wanted them together or not. I want them together lol. that said, i dont mind coates approach because I dont believe he would go through this effort of showing them get back together to strip them apart. time will tell though but that doesnt seem likely at all .