View Poll Results: As a BP fan, your take on the romance with Storm is:

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Destiny! I always wanted her for him exactly like this for T'Challa!

9 10.84%
  • Love her for him in general, maybe not exactly like this

15 18.07%
  • Like her for him, kinda like WonderBat or SuperWonder

4 4.82%
  • Don't really care who T'Challa is canoodling with

16 19.28%
  • Dislike her for him, too much like WonderBat or SuperWonder

13 15.66%
  • Hate her for him, T'Challa belongs with someone else (specify)

22 26.51%
  • Blasphemy! I never wanted her for him, under any conditions

4 4.82%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's like bringing Storm with him into Hells Kitchen. Not quite sure she would fit.

Not that Coates in theory couldn't have involved her or Shuri into the story if he really wanted too ... but I think this actually works better as is.
    Storm not fitting in a story about fighting a galactic empire?

Hasn't she done this a few times in the X-books? That argument doesn't hold water.

But we are all entitled to our thoughts and opinions so I won't discount yours.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well you know me well enough to know I wouldnt care two cents about if people wanted them together or not. I want them together lol. that said, i dont mind coates approach because I dont believe he would go through this effort of showing them get back together to strip them apart. time will tell though but that doesnt seem likely at all .
    It has to feel like wasted time if he wants them together as a couple. This approach makes no sense. He spends two years re-building a romance and then leaves it in limbo while doing Star Wars. He would have been better off having her at his side.

I don't understand how writing it this way makes it better.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Hasn't she done this a few times in the X-books? That argument doesn't hold water.

storm powers are actually amplified in space so it's not far fetched at all for her abilities to be utilize on such an adventure:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It has to feel like wasted time if he wants them together as a couple. This approach makes no sense. He spends two years re-building a romance and then leaves it in limbo while doing Star Wars. He would have been better off having her at his side.

I don't understand how writing it this way makes it better.
    you know when you put it like that i can understand where you are coming from. I guess why I find his approach endearing because he memories were all wiped away and the only thing that is keeping him going to get home is ororo and his thoughts of her. I think that ss so much more powerful demonstration of his love than then fighting side by side ,(even though that is what I prefer).
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yeah, honestly I think it works better without her. Because of her power level, she's a game changer that the story needs to accomodate for. She can single handedly wipe out entire armies. In some ways tech based weaponry does worse against Storm thsn conventional. Put her by Tchallas side in this story, and it essentially becomes about finding ways to counter Storm. She makes it too easy, which you don't want.

It can be done ... but it becomes a different sort of story than Tchalla in Star Wars.

She probably wouldn't have worked in Coates first season to any large extent either. Any conflict Storm can end in 2 panels is probably a conflict that you don't want her in.

Ultimately Storm doesn't need to ne in every story BP is in and vice versa. Jessica Jones could tag along with Luke in every story, but its fine if she doesn't too.

well actually there was one other instance where storm (with the help of bast) saved tchalla and wakanda from shadow king. this was in essence an xbook, not a BP book. also tchalla in xmen, with the help of jean and trinary, were able to save storms life from a nanite that was meant to cause storm to destroy mutants, as well as herself. there was also the time tchalla in logans book helped saved the day by addressing nanites plaguing the heroes in that story. so it hasnt been completely one sided and hasnt all occured in BP books.

see the above examples of times tchalla has saved the day or helped save the day in xbooks. if you are trying to convey a certain narrative of course you wont see the other instances where tchalla was shown favorable. so your whole arguement about it being one sided isnt true.

and she is a BP character and xmen, which is why you see her in both books.

that is correct yes. the question is asking BP fans what they think about storm but the message coming from some fans seem to be incongruent. some are saying she is doing nothing and brings nothing to the franchise while some are saying she is doing everything. the perception of how she impacts the BP world isnt consistent between the BP fans.

nonetheless, as I mentioned to ezyo there are instances in the xbooks where he does save the day or helps to. it may not be at the degree that ororo has but it's not accurate to say there have been zero instances of that happening. additionally as I mentioned, ororo rarely gets proper treatment so why would anyone expect tchalla to?

and I would hope more fans had the sentiments as you because I agree it editorial that is the problem; however, most I believe would actually blame the character and have blamed her which I find to be unfair.

storm hasnt moved on which is why they are back together. they tried to show her moving on with a character who has admittedly said he never saw her due to other women (primarily jean). coates has done a wonderful job repairing their relationship and I imagine once storm appears in the movie their union will be undoubtedly solidified again.

If Storm appears in the BP movie in the MCU it likely means Nakia is going to become Malice.

They'd really have to either 180 her character from BP, or they'd need to make her more of a radical thinker than they portrayed in the first one.

If they have Nakia make a 'turn' it should be for a reason other than jealousy. They did a great job of building Killmonger, they COULD do the same for Nakia if they wanted to take it that route. It's just a matter on if they did it or not.

if Storm appears.. then Nakia will likely turn. Maybe not in THAT movie, but at some point.

Also, I will say, that after Coates did do a good job of rebonding them together, not just that but getting Storm in love with Wakanda again, and showing her growth in that direction which I talked about months ago.

Her being the one that says this to T'Challa after all he'd done making the entirety of the mistakes of the past up to her was very important

It would be very easy for T'Challa to say this to Storm at this point, especially considering how he was written towards her as of late. But Storm reciprocating it back to him was very meaningful. More or less confirming that her feelings for him are just as strong as his have been for her, and both of them are stronger now for it, as their bond should also be.

So if they remain together now and MARVEL doesn't screw it up for a bullcrap reason again. Then they should remain with one another. Don't want any "messing with their happiness" for a while if ever. There's no point in separating them at this point, heck even the reason they forced down our throats was a stupid one.

Just let them be at this point. It's about darn time anyway.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-22-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    If Storm appears in the BP movie in the MCU it likely means Nakia is going to become Malice.

They'd really have to either 180 her character from BP, or they'd need to make her more of a radical thinker than they portrayed in the first one.

If they have Nakia make a 'turn' it should be for a reason other than jealousy. They did a great job of building Killmonger, they COULD do the same for Nakia if they wanted to take it that route. It's just a matter on if they did it or not.

if Storm appears.. then Nakia will likely turn. Maybe not in THAT movie, but at some point.
    hmmm not necessarily. they could introduce her as an African goddess who simply helps tchalla to defeat some huge threat to wakanda and africa, or as some others mentioned it could be an Easter egg. I really dont see them doing away with nakia and tchalla love affair on BP2.

but I do agree with your last point that if she does appear at some point nakia will definitely go malice. I just dont believe that will happen in bp2 unless there is some force that changes her to malice without her having any control to stop it.

Yeah, honestly I think it works better without her. Because of her power level, she's a game changer that the story needs to accomodate for. She can single handedly wipe out entire armies. In some ways tech based weaponry does worse against Storm thsn conventional. Put her by Tchallas side in this story, and it essentially becomes about finding ways to counter Storm. She makes it too easy, which you don't want.

It can be done ... but it becomes a different sort of story than Tchalla in Star Wars.

She probably wouldn't have worked in Coates first season to any large extent either. Any conflict Storm can end in 2 panels is probably a conflict that you don't want her in.

Ultimately Storm doesn't need to ne in every story BP is in and vice versa. Jessica Jones could tag along with Luke in every story, but its fine if she doesn't too.
    agreed which is why I think it's much better she was not on this journey with him. he needs his time to shine in his book.

well you know me well enough to know I wouldnt care two cents about if people wanted them together or not. I want them together lol. that said, i dont mind coates approach because I dont believe he would go through this effort of showing them get back together to strip them apart. time will tell though but that doesnt seem likely at all .
    They both could be sitting in prison cells clinging to memories of each other. They both escape and fight their way to freedom and find each other through fate/chance realizing they belong together.

Not trying to be argumentative here but some of the responses seem to be more of a defense of how Coates is writing the characters rather than what's in the best interest of each character. Paraphrasing here:

"We want them to be together, but not in this instance."
    "We want Storm fighting by his side but not here. She's just too powerful"
    "We don't want Storm to take away from T'Challa's moment"

If you want these characters to be a couple then they need to go through **** as a couple together. Not on different planets, not in different galaxies. If I'm a Storm/T'Challa shipper, this is the perfect opportunity for them to show how much stronger they are together. How they feed off each other and showing how much they will sacrifice for each other.

Frankly, I'm shocked that BP/Storm fans aren't clamoring for more of these kind of stories with these two.

They both could be sitting in prison cells clinging to memories of each other. They both escape and fight their way to freedom and find each other through fate/chance realizing they belong together.

Not trying to be argumentative here but some of the responses seem to be more of a defense of how Coates is writing the characters rather than what's in the best interest of each character. Paraphrasing here:

If you want these characters to be a couple then they need to go through **** as a couple together. Not on different planets, not in different galaxies. If I'm a Storm/T'Challa shipper, this is the perfect opportunity for them to show how much stronger they are together. How they feed off each other and showing how much they will sacrifice for each other.

Frankly, I'm shocked that BP/Storm fans aren't clamoring for more of these kind of stories with these two.

Luke Cage and Jessica are a couple, but she didn't apoear in Thunderbolts once to my recollection ... and thats fine. Should they do stuff together? Yes. Do they need to be together all the time? Not really. Its perfectly fine to use Storm when it suits the story and not use her when it doesn't.

oh no you're good. I think it's fair to point out your perspective, I'm not seeing it as argumentative. I actually like all your ideas (trust me I would love to see a story where storm is in space kicking arse and not shown as needing a hammer to do so); however, I respect Coates decision to make this season more tchalla specific and driven. I felt seasons 1 and 2 were more about setting up the wakandan universe and now its pivoted back to him. I think though we are going to see a little bit of how this separation has affected storm in shuri 2, and I believe eventually in BP these two will find each other. I just have a faith that coates is going to do me proud in making their reconnection that much stronger.

I'm not concerned with nakia because I dont think coates would do everything with t'choro just break them up. and I'm not concerned with the time they are apart now because I know the end game is for them to be together. I'm enjoying how these pieces all come together.

BANNED

I dont think you give us storm fan enough credit.

storm fans have seen her go from a goddess, an xmen who was created and had power levels on par with Phoenix (pre dark phoenix) who was stripped of all her powers to only a character who had to rely on her wits, cunning and physical strengths to defeat her opponents. with that said, storm even though she is one of the best tactical xmen isnt known for being able to create machines and gadgets (and what not) to save the day. she is known for her ability to warp the weather.

so to your question I wouldnt want to read a solo book about her delegating tasks to other people if it was within her power to get things done herself. I totally wouldn't mind a solo of her fighting threats beyond her power by seeking help from others who had greater power or skill, which is essentially what tchalla did.

bottom line, storm fans are used to seeing her in roles where she is a support so that wouldnt be something preferred but it most certainly be a deal breaker.

I think BP fans are not used to seeing him rely on others so much but I think in an effort to "world-build" his allies and give them meat to his story this had to happen.
    I think think what is in Bold is what is my problem with Black Panther's previous writers and that they make it hat T'Challa rarely relies on others and use his abilities to get out of the most unusual situations. I mean just look at Prist entire run on the character and tell me when he didn't need help from the other heroes around him ?

There were rare moments in Priest and Hudlin that showed his emotional side, but that was often few and between as its overshadow by his need to outwit everyone around him and barely asking for help of others.

Only when those writers were off Black Panther did they allow T'challa to rebuild his relationship with the rest of the Marvel U.

I hope you won't be disappointed.

Luke Cage and Jessica are a couple, but she didn't apoear in Thunderbolts once to my recollection ... and thats fine. Should they do stuff together? Yes. Do they need to be together all the time? Not really. Its perfectly fine to use Storm when it suits the story and not use her when it doesn't.
    That's not really a fair comparison.

Jessica Jones could fit in any title Luke Cage could be featured in and vise versa. So if the writer really wanted Jessica in that book she could have been. Just due to powersets, character backgrounds, and so on. The same can't be said with Black Panther and Storm.

Your right characters who are married do not have to be around each other 24/7 but if the time ever came that they needed/wanted them there they should be able to fit naturally without disrupting the tone or atmosphere of the story.

Fans of Storm and T'Challa as a couple can say whatever they will or make any type of excuse that they like. But we all know that T'Challa still has never felt as if he could just slide right in to a X-Men story. It's been about 12-14 years since the two really started circling each others orbit and T'Challa has never once really shown any concern for pushing the X-Men's agenda or even just mutants in general. Not only that but could T'Challa accept following the likes of Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Gambit, Cyclops, or even Wolverine into battle on the regular? Would his fans be ok with it?

Point is... something that may work with one set of characters doesn't mean that it will work with another. T'Challa and Storm are a shinning light to that.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 10-22-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Also, I will say, that after Coates did do a good job of rebonding them together, not just that but getting Storm in love with Wakanda again, and showing her growth in that direction which I talked about months ago.

Her being the one that says this to T'Challa after all he'd done making the entirety of the mistakes of the past up to her was very important

It would be very easy for T'Challa to say this to Storm at this point, especially considering how he was written towards her as of late. But Storm reciprocating it back to him was very meaningful. More or less confirming that her feelings for him are just as strong as his have been for her, and both of them are stronger now for it, as their bond should also be.

So if they remain together now and MARVEL doesn't screw it up for a bullcrap reason again. Then they should remain with one another. Don't want any "messing with their happiness" for a while if ever. There's no point in separating them at this point, heck even the reason they forced down our throats was a stupid one.

Just let them be at this point. It's about darn time anyway.
    You updated this post after I made my response but I had to respond to this as it was so well said!! I agree with your edits especially the parts about not separating them!!!