View Poll Results: Do you prefer Carol to be Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel??

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ms. Marvel

44 41.12%
  • Captain Marvel

63 58.88%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Spectacular Member

I'm sure this happens to all of us at some point....you have a character that is absolutely perfect, a character that you've been following for years, and then they revamp that character into something completely different and it ruins that character for you. I grew up with the Shooter Avengers and I loved Ms. Marvel. I don't know what the logic was behind the revamp but it just ruined her for me. It happens. I feel the same way about the Beast.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Warbird?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I love her as both, but it has to be Captain Marvel. It was Kelly's series that made me fall in love with her character, and her costume is great. I kinda think its better that characters go forward, rather then back, so I hope she does not go back to her past mantle anytime soon.

Captain. She is great as Captain Marvel and Kamala is Ms Marvel.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    I'm sure this happens to all of us at some point....you have a character that is absolutely perfect, a character that you've been following for years, and then they revamp that character into something completely different and it ruins that character for you. I grew up with the Shooter Avengers and I loved Ms. Marvel. I don't know what the logic was behind the revamp but it just ruined her for me. It happens. I feel the same way about the Beast.
    She wasn't popular so they kept trying different things. I mean, depending on how you count it, Carol taking the "Capt" title is like the third or fourth revamp of her character.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    She wasn't popular so they kept trying different things. I mean, depending on how you count it, Carol taking the "Capt" title is like the third or fourth revamp of her character.
    Hate to say it, but this is correct. Marvel has been trying it make Carol "A Thing" for 41 years. I loved her from the start, but it's a apparently An Uphill Pull. Marvel wanted her to be Wonder Woman, and (so far) she wasn't.

Caveat: let's see how the movie does.