Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Trying to place some old Batman stories when I was wee...

Was trying to recall this issue I read when I was little along a collection of Batman stories I picked up for a time in the nineties. Figured I should ask about them...

Two of them were these special editions with a theme which collected a complete modern story and a retro story. One had an Elseworld story where Superman becomes Batman after he gets found by the Wayne’s, which I thought was cool, alongside a retro tale where Batman accidentally gets Superman’s powers and Clark gets a Super Mobile and such awesome 60’s comic stuff.

The other one was a First Appearance Joker set with this cover with a Jokerised cat and Joker having a nephew and killing his cat with experimental Joker toxin and it had a bit of a Killing Joke vibe, and then a retro story about Batman discovering the identity of the Red Hood with some college students. I remember this was the comic which really made me know who Joker was since I assume I’d only seen the Mark Hamil version at that point...

There was this collection of stories about the time Batman Forever came out which was all Two Face and Riddler stuff including origins and the like, but it also had a trio of modern stories with this reporter crew trying to figure out Batman villains, so they visited Two Face in jail, went to a Riddler hideout where he put on a show and interviewed a former henchman of Penguin (think that part was called ‘The Killing Peck’). Not sure if these three stories were originally part of a older graphic novel or released separately but...

Anyway, those are the ones I’m trying to recall right now, anyone know those stories?

The Elseworlds is Speeding Bullets. I didn't care for it, but it has its fans.

The Joker one is Legends of the Dark Knight #50 - http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman:_Leg...night_Vol_1_50

Not sure about the others.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is the last one

DIG063545._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Secret Origins Special (1989) #1
    A look at the secret origins of Penguin, the Riddler and Two-Face. Framing sequence is the making of a "Steve Jones Investigates" special, taking a look at the costumed criminals of Gotham, in "Original Sins."

It was originally published in 89 but it's about reporters and the titles are
    "Original Sins"
    "The Killing Peck."
    "When is a Door: The Secret Origin of The Riddler."