Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hard to find OOP omnis. Worth breaking the bank?

Hi everyone!
    I've been searching for several omnis that are out of print, however the prices are incredibly high! No upcoming reprints so far. Is it worth buying these for $200 or more? Found 'X-Men Vol. 1 (Jim Lee, Claremont)' for $200. Insights are appreciated.

Cheers!

It really sucks that so many of these are OOP and have sky rocketed in price. There are so many I'd love to add to my book shelf. But I'm not willing to shell out 200-400 bucks for them. Hoping for reprints that may or may never come. Also sucks.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You could get lucky and Marvel decides to put out a new edition. They are coming out with a new edition of John Byrne's Fantastic Four Omnibus as part of the Fantastic Four launch. It's available now for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You could get lucky and Marvel decides to put out a new edition. They are coming out with a new edition of John Byrne's Fantastic Four Omnibus as part of the Fantastic Four launch. It's available now for pre-order
    Yeah but it's the hoping to get lucky part that isn't fun

BANNED

The ones that I want the most, but just can not afford, are:

Captain Britain Omnibus... Amazon has it for $2,851... Yeah. And a reprint isn't likely to happen anytime soon from what I understand.

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender Omnibus goes for $514.99 on Amazon... That could be reprinted at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    The ones that I want the most, but just can not afford, are:

Captain Britain Omnibus... Amazon has it for $2,851... Yeah. And a reprint isn't likely to happen anytime soon from what I understand.

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender Omnibus goes for $514.99 on Amazon... That could be reprinted at some point though.
    Whoa! That's insane! I'm hunting for Wolverine Vol. 1 (Miller, Claremont) and it's selling for $240. It hasn't been reprinted since 2009! Will you consider pulling the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out! I saw the list of the upcoming Marvel omnis to be released this year. Unfortunately not the ones I'm looking for. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It really sucks that so many of these are OOP and have sky rocketed in price. There are so many I'd love to add to my book shelf. But I'm not willing to shell out 200-400 bucks for them. Hoping for reprints that may or may never come. Also sucks.
    It does. Especially the Wolverine Omnibus Vol. 1 (Miller, Claremont). It's a whale. No reprints since 2009. ;(

(

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    It does. Especially the Wolverine Omnibus Vol. 1 (Miller, Claremont). It's a whale. No reprints since 2009. ;(

(
    You can get all of that material in much cheaper and easier-to-hold Epic Collections and other reprints. Don't waste your $ -- I unloaded mine and bought like 12 Epics with the cash.

(
    Yup.

Remender's Uncanny X-Force is the glaring one for me. As well as Phalanx Covenant and the Joe Kelly DP omnibus. Those 2 aren't AS bad.. but anything over $150 is tough for me to justify.

That's another good suggestion. Usually the Epic Collection collect a lot of key arcs. That way you get the best of that particular title.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    You can get all of that material in much cheaper and easier-to-hold Epic Collections and other reprints. Don't waste your $ -- I unloaded mine and bought like 12 Epics with the cash.
    Oh, thanks so much for the recommendation! Can you please point out which books are those from the Epic Collection? Why do people prefer omnis? More like an accessory?

Oh, thanks so much for the recommendation! Can you please point out which books are those from the Epic Collection? ;
    Wikipedia tends to have a fairly up-to-date list of the Epic Collection titles released and announced here. Not sure if the X-Men titles have gotten to the stuff you wanted yet.

Why do people prefer omnis? More like an accessory?
    Omnibuses ("Complete Collections," "Epic Collections, " what have you), can be nice to have just one book over several smaller ones.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Will you consider pulling the trigger?
    Hell no, I just don't have that kind of extra cash laying around.

Anyway, I own the material in other form already. I would just really like to have those big books on my shelf because I consider both runs to be classic.

I have all of the John Byrne Fantastic Four Visionaries, which was the standard way they used to focus on writers / titles before the omnis came out. I'd love to have the new John Byrne FF vol 1 coming out but right now the only omni I have is for Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four vol 1.