Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hard to find OOP omnis. Worth breaking the bank?

Hi everyone!

I've been searching for several omnis that are out of print, however the prices are incredibly high! No upcoming reprints so far. Is it worth buying these for $200 or more? Found 'X-Men Vol. 1 (Jim Lee, Claremont)' for $200. Insights are appreciated.

Cheers!

Probably not. Reprints have been coming thick and fast over the last few years. Id say its only a matter of time before they get to the Lee omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Probably not. Reprints have been coming thick and fast over the last few years. Id say its only a matter of time before they get to the Lee omnis.

Agree. Patience is the solution. Crazy to know that people will bump up the prices for these!

Incredible Member

Only you can answer the question if it's worth it or not. Marvel has no discernible pattern on what or when things get reprinted, so how much is it worth to you to have that book on your shelf "right now." If you are trying to look at it as an investment I would say probably not as that is likely going to be top dollar for that particular volume.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Only you can answer the question if it's worth it or not. Marvel has no discernible pattern on what or when things get reprinted, so how much is it worth to you to have that book on your shelf "right now." If you are trying to look at it as an investment I would say probably not as that is likely going to be top dollar for that particular volume.
    Agreed. Also, the answer should come down to why you really want it? Is it to display like a piece of art? Or just to read? There are alternate ways to read these issues and probably for cheaper. Some folks like the big books on their shelf so the look and uniformity is worth it to them. Personally, I think $200 is a lot for a book although I did pay that once - just once - after I had some better than expected sales on Ebay.

Amazing Member

Hoping they do a reprint for Hickman Avengers Omnibus Volume 1. Makes it really hard to want to buy Vol 2 when Vol 1 is OOP unless you want to pay 200-300$.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Hoping they do a reprint for Hickman Avengers Omnibus Volume 1. Makes it really hard to want to buy Vol 2 when Vol 1 is OOP unless you want to pay 200-300$.
    My thoughts exactly! This is why omnis are full of suspense. You get obsessed with the issue numbers because they're all linked together!

I don’t regret any of my big purchases.
    My highest paid were Inferno, Uncanny X-Force and Age of Apocalypse. Only AoA ha since had a reprint but I was happy I bought it at the time.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    This is still in stock in amazon.es and amazon.co.uk. I just ordered it from amazon.es and paid 98€. Shipping was quite expensive to Finland, so it might be even worse to overseas.

BANNED

My Grails are:

Fantastic Four, vol. 1 - 2 by Jonathan Hickman
    Annihilation
    Annihilation Conquest
    Wolverine and The X-Men
    Punisher Max by Jason Aaron
    Hawkman by Geoff Johns
    Animal Man by Grant Morrison

These are all crazy expensive.... :/ I hope they will get reprinted.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Agreed. Also, the answer should come down to why you really want it? Is it to display like a piece of art? Or just to read? There are alternate ways to read these issues and probably for cheaper. Some folks like the big books on their shelf so the look and uniformity is worth it to them. Personally, I think $200 is a lot for a book although I did pay that once - just once - after I had some better than expected sales on Ebay.
    Which book?
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Marvel has really been churning out omnibus reprints lately so I would be very reticent to pay big bucks for an OOP omnibus.

And it's honestly hard to have sympathy for anyone who was collecting/reading at the time and missed out on Hickman Avengers vol. 1...that was literally the easiest "this book will go oop fast" call of all time.
    Last edited by Orion; 07-16-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Marvel is has really been churning out omnibus reprints lately so I would be very reticent to pay big bucks for an OOP omnibus.

And it's honestly hard to have sympathy for anyone who was collecting/reading at the time and missed out on Hickman Avengers vol. 1...that was literally the easiest "this book will go oop fast" call of all time.
    I only got back into Comic Books in May after not reading since the 90's, now I'm wishing I got back into this hobby a year or 2 earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Which book?
    A sealed copy of X-Men vol. 1 omnibus (The Silver Age stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    A sealed copy of X-Men vol. 1 omnibus (The Silver Age stuff).
    Nice!!! People are selling that from $500-2k!!