Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It depends on the circumstance.
    For example, I personally would not buy the X-Men omnibus because I think it will get a second printing soon enough
    but would fork over $200 for the first Hickman Avengers omnibus, because if I buy volume 2 at IST for under $70 and the
    second for $200, that would end up costing me an average of $135 per book, plus it is probably a safe bet that Marvel
    will not be re-printing volume 1 any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    As everyone said, it's your decision how much you're willing to spend on any given book. I would like to add, before spending big money on an OOP omni, first ask yourself if you could stomach spending $300 on one, only to find out a month or two later that it's getting a reprint and you could have waited six months and bought it for $50. Keeping in mind that omnis are not like single issue comics, most people don't care what printing it is. In other words, you likely won't be able to sell your $300 book for more than $50.
    Good point. I could definitely get 3-4 omnis for $300. Why do you think Marvel stopped reprinting the ones that were OOP and only published once? For instance, the Wolverine Omnibus (Miller. Claremont) is extremely hard to find and expensive. This is a highly-sought book and will definitely sell if Marvel did a reprint. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    £1000?! For one book? No, of course not.
    See what I mean? ⬇︎

https://www.ebay.com/itm/x-MEN-OMNIB...LH_TitleDesc=0
    Last edited by theboychild; 07-15-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    It depends on the circumstance.
    For example, I personally would not buy the X-Men omnibus because I think it will get a second printing soon enough
    but would fork over $200 for the first Hickman Avengers omnibus, because if I buy volume 2 at IST for under $70 and the
    second for $200, that would end up costing me an average of $135 per book, plus it is probably a safe bet that Marvel
    will not be re-printing volume 1 any time soon.
    True. What about Wolverine Omnibus Vol. 1 (Miller, Claremont)? https://imgur.com/a/MgY6n7U Pull the trigger for $240? This may never come out again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    True. What about Wolverine Omnibus Vol. 1 (Miller, Claremont)? https://imgur.com/a/MgY6n7U Pull the trigger for $240? This may never come out again.
    I don't think it is unrealistic to expect a reprint of Volume 1 if they ever release a Volume 2. Volume 2 has been on a lot of wish lists for sometime, but who knows if or when it might come and there is still no guarantee a reprint of the first book it just becomes more likely. The answer to if worth it or not is the same as before that is up to you and your disposable income and how bad you want the book. My advice is not to just jump on a purchase hastily eBay patience can pay off.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Agreed. Also, the answer should come down to why you really want it? Is it to display like a piece of art? Or just to read? There are alternate ways to read these issues and probably for cheaper. Some folks like the big books on their shelf so the look and uniformity is worth it to them. Personally, I think $200 is a lot for a book although I did pay that once - just once - after I had some better than expected sales on Ebay.
    Which book?
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Marvel has really been churning out omnibus reprints lately so I would be very reticent to pay big bucks for an OOP omnibus.

And it's honestly hard to have sympathy for anyone who was collecting/reading at the time and missed out on Hickman Avengers vol. 1...that was literally the easiest "this book will go oop fast" call of all time.
    Last edited by Orion; 07-16-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Marvel is has really been churning out omnibus reprints lately so I would be very reticent to pay big bucks for an OOP omnibus.

And it's honestly hard to have sympathy for anyone who was collecting/reading at the time and missed out on Hickman Avengers vol. 1...that was literally the easiest "this book will go oop fast" call of all time.
    I only got back into Comic Books in May after not reading since the 90's, now I'm wishing I got back into this hobby a year or 2 earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Which book?
    A sealed copy of X-Men vol. 1 omnibus (The Silver Age stuff).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    I only got back into Comic Books in May after not reading since the 90's, now I'm wishing I got back into this hobby a year or 2 earlier
    I did it similar to you but a few years ago. You should just make sure to not miss out on books you want which are currently in stock.

My suggestion is to do your research. Now this not a science, but there has been some trends..

For example, if you are looking at the Bendis Daredevil omnis, I would hold off. They have been pretty consistent with releasing Daredevil omnis in conjunction with each season of Daredevil on Netflix. So these could see a re-print in the near future.

With the return of Fantastic Four, there are a few omni re-prints coming out that haven't been widely available for some years.

However, you also have to look at the opposite side of the spectrum...

For example, the Annihilation omni has been out of print for some time, and they are currently releasing this story in complete collections. So the chances of this being re-printed seem kind of slim. However, there is another Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out in 2020, so you would have to take that into consideration, as they may want to cash in a cosmic omnibus around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    A sealed copy of X-Men vol. 1 omnibus (The Silver Age stuff).
    Nice!!! People are selling that from $500-2k!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I don't think it is unrealistic to expect a reprint of Volume 1 if they ever release a Volume 2. Volume 2 has been on a lot of wish lists for sometime, but who knows if or when it might come and there is still no guarantee a reprint of the first book it just becomes more likely. The answer to if worth it or not is the same as before that is up to you and your disposable income and how bad you want the book. My advice is not to just jump on a purchase hastily eBay patience can pay off.
    Agree! Thanks so much for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I did it similar to you but a few years ago. You should just make sure to not miss out on books you want which are currently in stock.
    Yeah, I just recently found out about these omnis so I'm pretty late about it. Fortunately I was still able to find Spidey Omni Vol. 2 (Romita) from CGN for $120 but got it on eBay for a hundred. Guess it's still a bit high but others were selling from $160 or more!

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Same here.