Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    Yeah, I just recently found out about these omnis so I'm pretty late about it. Fortunately I was still able to find Spidey Omni Vol. 2 (Romita) from CGN for $120 but got it on eBay for a hundred. Guess it's still a bit high but others were selling from $160 or more!
    I would recommend checking what is currently still available to make sure you don't miss stuff you want now and to track what is coming out to see if there is stuff you want to pre-order. You're from the states so instocktrades would be ideal for you. 50% typically off for new releases and the best packaging out there.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    My suggestion is to do your research. Now this not a science, but there has been some trends..

For example, if you are looking at the Bendis Daredevil omnis, I would hold off. They have been pretty consistent with releasing Daredevil omnis in conjunction with each season of Daredevil on Netflix. So these could see a re-print in the near future.

With the return of Fantastic Four, there are a few omni re-prints coming out that haven't been widely available for some years.

However, you also have to look at the opposite side of the spectrum...

For example, the Annihilation omni has been out of print for some time, and they are currently releasing this story in complete collections. So the chances of this being re-printed seem kind of slim. However, there is another Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out in 2020, so you would have to take that into consideration, as they may want to cash in a cosmic omnibus around that time.
    This. Everything is circumstantial.

I finally broke down and paid $200usd for the Death of Captain America Omni by Brubaker last week. It should show up this week. Since they haven't reprinted these in some time I came to the conclusion they weren't going to anytime soon. There are other Omnis that will see reprint first.

I still have Eternals and Captain Britain on my Omni whale list. I feel an Eternals reprint is looking more and more likely if they are indeed coming theatrically to the MCU.
    Captain Britain may just be one I never get as prices on that book are crazy high. I see $400-$1K at various times.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I finally broke down and paid $200usd for the Death of Captain America Omni by Brubaker last week. It should show up this week. Since they haven't reprinted these in some time I came to the conclusion they weren't going to anytime soon. There are other Omnis that will see reprint first.
    Taking one for the team! I love it. Now that you bought it, and while the stories are completely unrelated, they will probably kill Cap off in the movie next year. Thus, precedence for them to finally reprint it.

Nice!!! People are selling that from $500-2k!!
    At the time I think it was more in the $250 range so I got a little bit of a deal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    At the time I think it was more in the $250 range so I got a little bit of a deal.
    You beat mine by $100! Did you get Ross or Kirby? Mine was a Mint Kirby cover.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    You beat mine by $100! Did you get Ross or Kirby? Mine was a Mint Kirby cover.
    I got Ross. I really like them although I think most folks like the originals better.

My suggestion is to do your research. Now this not a science, but there has been some trends..

For example, if you are looking at the Bendis Daredevil omnis, I would hold off. They have been pretty consistent with releasing Daredevil omnis in conjunction with each season of Daredevil on Netflix. So these could see a re-print in the near future.

With the return of Fantastic Four, there are a few omni re-prints coming out that haven't been widely available for some years.

However, you also have to look at the opposite side of the spectrum...

For example, the Annihilation omni has been out of print for some time, and they are currently releasing this story in complete collections. So the chances of this being re-printed seem kind of slim. However, there is another Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out in 2020, so you would have to take that into consideration, as they may want to cash in a cosmic omnibus around that time.
    I agree with you! Why do you think Marvel stopped reprinting the ones that were OOP/highly sought and only published once? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I would recommend checking what is currently still available to make sure you don't miss stuff you want now and to track what is coming out to see if there is stuff you want to pre-order. You're from the states so instocktrades would be ideal for you. 50% typically off for new releases and the best packaging out there.
    Cheers, man! I recently bought from them too, although the Jim Lee stuff I'm looking for is out. Looks like IST is easily fresh out of these omnis!

I agree with you! Why do you think Marvel stopped reprinting the ones that were OOP/highly sought and only published once? Just curious.
    My guess is as good as anyone’s...

I would imagine it costs more to re-print an omnibus than just putting it out in a thick trade. Also, they probably sale more trades than omnibus. Omnibuses seem to be more for the niche collectors.

I do think Marvel plans their omnibus releases based on when they’ll sell best. Whether it be during the release of a new movie or television series (Avengers, Deadpool, DD) or one of their big titles being relaunched (FF, Spider-Man, Thor).

Also, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and X-Men seem to be garunteed omnibus sales, so re-prints might be more likely.

But then you have the random reprints of series like Howard the Duck & Tomb of Dracula...so who really knows?

I would imagine it costs more to re-print an omnibus than just putting it out in a thick trade. Also, they probably sale more trades than omnibus. Omnibuses seem to be more for the niche collectors.

I do think Marvel plans their omnibus releases based on when they’ll sell best. Whether it be during the release of a new movie or television series (Avengers, Deadpool, DD) or one of their big titles being relaunched (FF, Spider-Man, Thor).

Also, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and X-Men seem to be garunteed omnibus sales, so re-prints might be more likely.

But then you have the random reprints of series like Howard the Duck & Tomb of Dracula...so who really knows?

Looks like it does cost more to re-print. I noticed that most comic shops here in NYC sell more TPs rather than omnis and typically remain unnoticed.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Hoping they do a reprint for Hickman Avengers Omnibus Volume 1. Makes it really hard to want to buy Vol 2 when Vol 1 is OOP unless you want to pay 200-300$.
    This is still in stock in amazon.es and amazon.co.uk. I just ordered it from amazon.es and paid 98€. Shipping was quite expensive to Finland, so it might be even worse to overseas.

BANNED

My Grails are:

Fantastic Four, vol. 1 - 2 by Jonathan Hickman
    Annihilation
    Annihilation Conquest
    Wolverine and The X-Men
    Punisher Max by Jason Aaron
    Hawkman by Geoff Johns
    Animal Man by Grant Morrison

These are all crazy expensive.... :/ I hope they will get reprinted.

Amazing Member

Depends on the book I guess. Marvel doesn't seem to like to reprint very often and when they do it's unpredictable(Tomb of Dracula out of nowhere). I still regret not getting Annihilation when it came out, but I'm confident it'll get a reprint eventually, so I'm not going to shell out the money.

Anyway, finally got the X-Men Vol. 1 (Jim Lee, Claremont) for $175 *like new*! Crazy and still expensive but hey, at least it's not $300.

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    Depends on the book I guess. Marvel doesn't seem to like to reprint very often and when they do it's unpredictable(Tomb of Dracula out of nowhere). I still regret not getting Annihilation when it came out, but I'm confident it'll get a reprint eventually, so I'm not going to shell out the money.

I'm hoping too. *fingers crossed*