Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

People use the term "best friends" a bit loosely with Scott and Logan, i always saw then as having mutual respect for eacth other, but personally close?, not much i don't think that Logan would ever invite Scott to drink or spend free time together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He payed his respects when logan died, kicking some douches in a bar and in the hunt for wolverine books Scott said he would have liked to solve some of their issues.
    Dr doom may hate reed richards but he also respects him as a fellow genius, I doubt Cyclops saw Logan as a friend anymore, plus logan was very clear that he hated Cyclops and they're no longer family, but I think Cyclops still respected him

Scott/Logan is obvious, rest are all boring (compare to them). Hope to see these two together again. Wolverine needs some redemption.

Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 07-15-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    ...and I absolutely loathe that trope. The "We're rivals, have seriously fought each other many times, sometimes even tried to kill one other, but we're totally the besties" trope. Especially between those two. After the crap Logan has pulled in Schism and AvX, he doesn't deserve to be called Scott's friend. Scott should hate him for life.

Even before all this, them being close friends in any capacity never made any sense to me. For the obvious reasons I will not mention.
    Pulled what crap? You mean deciding to stop blindly following Cyclops, to stop being his lapdog, to propose another way of doing things differently from what Scott always wants? It was past time someone finally said enough is enough. However dispite all that happened happened between them I do think towards the end there was grudging respect though not true friendship.

X-23 and Gambit. Gambit was like a surrogate father/uncle to her, and they really supported each other with a lot of love and understanding.

X-23 and Jubilee. They have polar opposite personalities, but interacted almost like sisters. They were really fun to read together.

Hellion and Mercury. Hellion provides kind of a big brother role to Mercury, and their interactions helped show that Hellion always puts his friends first and he isn’t just an arrogant bully trope.

Wallflower/Wind Dancer. I really enjoyed their friendship. Their powers were complementary, and Sofia helped Laurie come out of her shell.

Hellion and X-23. The whole “ will they won’t they” stuff aside, Hellion was the first person who encouraged Laura to be a better person and told her she didn’t have to kill. Even though she regressed for a while after than in X-Force, that had a significant impact on her character and helped form the foundation for her more heroic attributes later on.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Pulled what crap? You mean deciding to stop blindly following Cyclops, to stop being his lapdog, to propose another way of doing things differently from what Scott always wants? It was past time someone finally said enough is enough. However dispite all that happened happened between them I do think towards the end there was grudging respect though not true friendship.
    Please do not bring that in this disscussion if people want to discuss Schism you can create another thread. I would prefer to keep the venom out here for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He payed his respects when logan died, kicking some douches in a bar and in the hunt for wolverine books Scott said he would have liked to solve some of their issues.
    Came here to say this.

Anyway...

Deadpool & Logan
    Cable & Deadpool

If you can consider those "friendships"

Iceman, Cannonball, and Rogue
    Colossus & Nightcrawler
    Gambit & Logan
    Cyclops & Logan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Dude, towards the end Logan hated cyclops more than he hated sabertooth, and cyclops was unsure of how he felt

A lot of nice interactions among the X-Men. I'll list my favourite friendships for Betsy:

Nightcrawler: they're so sweet and fun together
    Storm: they seems like family...a lot of depth and respect there
    Dazzler: bffs, girls night out vibe
    Wolverine: wild buddies, they get each other

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    A lot of nice interactions among the X-Men. I'll list my favourite friendships for Betsy:

Nightcrawler: they're so sweet and fun together
    Storm: they seems like family...a lot of depth and respect there
    Dazzler: bffs, girls night out vibe
    Wolverine: wild buddies, they get each other
    I really enjoyed their interactions in the old days.

My favorite is probably Storm/Gambit, but I also love the Nightcrawler/Wolverine, Nightcrawler/Kitty Pryde, Wolverine/Psylocke, Jean/Storm, Beast/Iceman/Archangel and Rogue/Iceman friendships. Though as a team clearly the sets of Scott/Jean/Beast/Angel/Iceman and Wolverine/Storm/Kitty Pryde/Colossus/Nightcrawler were all one big happy group of friends with one romance in each set.

BANNED

Are female friendships in X-men lacking?

most X-men females are usually too caught up in their male love interest. Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Black Panther, Bertsy/Warren, Domino/Cable, Emma/Scott, Kitty/Peter.

Jean and Storm were best friends but what other xmen females are best friends?

Gambit & Bishop - They hated each other, until Gambit was cleared of being the X-Traitor. After that, they seemingly became buddies.

Kitty & Rachel (in the comics) - I enjoy stories where roommates become the best of friends.

Kitty & Rogue (X-Men: Evolution) - I enjoy stories where roommates become the best of friends.

BANNED

Storm and Gambit is my favorite friendship pairing with Storm and Wolverine (before they started dating) coming in for a close second.

My Favs are...

Storm & Nightcrawler
    Nightcrawler & Colossus
    Rogue & Nightcrawler
    Cyclops & Professor X
    Cyclops & Havok
    Sunspot & Cannonball
    Wolverine & Storm (Hated them dating though)
    Bishop & Gambit
    Polaris & Jean
    Storm & Jean
    Multiple Man & Sunspot
    Multiple Man & Havok
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-15-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.