Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Ok so you're kinda like me then.

How do you find his creator owned stuff like Strongman, Letter 44, Curse Words?
    I like Letter 44, but I haven't had a chance to read the others. I've been trying to keep my pull at a reasonable level and there's just too much out there for me to follow any creator's full list of titles. And I hate myself for it, but I've been reading more from the Big 2 in recent years than I have from any of the smaller publishers.

Really though, Soule hasn't written anything I've read that I didn't like. Even the Inhumans book, where I didn't care for the status quo he was working with, had a high degree of quality. I just didn't like where the book was going (and to my knowledge that wasn't even on Soule, he just worked with what he was given).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I liked his Thunderbolts run and I'm starting to get into his DD run a bit more. His Astonishing X-Men is very underwhelming and flat out ignores some great work done by Cullen Bunn in Uncanny. In fact I've not particularly liked any of his X-Men work.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I love his DC stuff, but honestly... I think his work dropped when he went to Marvel. Nothing really clicks at all. I read the first arc of Daredevil and it bored the hell out of me. His X-Men and Inhumans went in and out almost instantly.

His best Marvel book has been She-Hulk, but the artwork really never did it much favors. The pop vibe might have worked for it, but never really looked good. The facial expressions are always off and had some of the deadest, cross-eyed stares I've ever seen. Wimberly's art was a disaster, especially when the coloring changed half way through.

The book also suffered at the end with how rushed it suddenly became and how all the plot points just kind of tumbled out into a big mess. Like, oh, I guess this was a big deal or something? Should have been a hit, but needed someone else drawing.

His Inhumans run was amazing. Daredevil has been very good too.

Didn't really like She Hulk. And haven't read the rest.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I love his DC stuff, but honestly... I think his work dropped when he went to Marvel.
    I feel Marvel simply put him on the wrong books. His Thunderbolts was the highlight of that volume, but Inhumans? C'mon now...

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    His X-Men and Inhumans went in and out almost instantly.
    Never even tried Inhumans (lack of interest) so can't speak for that, but Death of Wolverine was pretty strong... Will pick up the (Return of) Wolverine mini as well, since it's by the same team. Hopefully it's as good as the first one.

Astonishing X-Men on the other hand had a few stronger issues in the beginning and then became a mess... overall it's the weakest thing I've ever read from Soule.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I really enjoyed the first six issues of Astonishing X-Men. Waiting for the volume 2 trade to be on Amazon digitally

Incredible Member

I thought his best run was on Swamp Thing at DC. I like his Marvel stuff as well, I would rate him as one of Marvel's better writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Loved his She Hulk but couldn't stand the artist. He did one of worst renditions of Jennifer that I've seen.

I really liked the art style myslf, although the facial expressions could of used some work.

I'll 2nd She Hulk as his best Marvel work.

Mighty Member

I really love his indie stuff. Curse Words is hilarious and has such a great premise... It's one of those "How hasn't that been done before?!" things. Strange Attractors was brilliant and fascinating.

She-Hulk is easily my favorite Marvel work from him, but I have at least liked everything he's done there. I even really liked Darth Vader despite being a middling at best Star Wars fan. His "Wolverines" weekly was also a surprise hit for me. He introduced a cast of engaging characters who I immediately wanted to know more about. It didn't get followed up on much, unfortunately. I keep hoping they show up in Weapon X.