Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Any fans of Charles Soule? What are his best runs so far?

Posting this on the Marvel forum because I believe he is currently under exclusive contract with them.

Soule is a new(ish) writer that I've been following pretty closely for the past several years. He's worked for DC, Marvel, Image and Oni so far (maybe others too?), so your favorite run could be from any of those publishers and not necessarily only Marvel.

He's been on a lot of books where the quality has varied from great to average to downright poor IMO... But when he is good he is really, really good if you ask me.

But from all his work that I've read (and I haven't read everything) my personal favorite runs would have to be Swamp Thing and Darth Vader.

What are yours?

Thunderbolts & Daredevil.

Death of Wolverine was also pretty good. Astonishing X-Men was not.

Not Marvel but I enjoyed a lot his Swamp Thing.
    I heard his new Daredevil form Marvel Legacy are very good:
    1. Mayor Fisk - Daredevil #595–600
    2. Mayor Murdock - Daredevil #601-605

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

She-Hulk is my favorite Marvel work from him.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Loved his She Hulk but couldn't stand the artist. He did one of worst renditions of Jennifer that I've seen.

Astonishing Member

I have liked the Inhuman books he made Inhuman, and Uncanny Inhumans. but ya Darth Vader is also really good. While I haven't read it myself Daredevil from what a friend of mine said is also good.

I’m very much enjoying his Daredevil run, it has been extremely good from the start.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

All of the X-Men drama aside, Uncanny Inhumans was a really cool comic. She-Hulk and Thunderbolts were also very fun, but the art styles may turn off some.

Uncanny Inhumans is my favorite and I loved She-Hulk as well. I really really need to get into Daredevil.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

His Daredevil run has been solid overall; however, with these two recent arcs (Mayor Fisk and Mayor Murdock) Soule has taken it to another level. IMO, if he can keep it up he could move into upper echelon of Daredevil writers which would be saying a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    His Daredevil run has been solid overall; however, with these two recent arcs (Mayor Fisk and Mayor Murdock) Soule has taken it to another level. IMO, if he can keep it up he could move into upper echelon of Daredevil writers which would be saying a lot.
    Definitely agree! It’s one of my books I look forward to every month.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'll echo the thoughts for Daredevil (I thought it took a bit of time to get going, though).

I really enjoyed his Uncanny Inhumans run. His She-Hulk run was great, but the art often brought it down.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Hmm... Maybe I should give his Daredevil another chance. It became a chore to read during the "Identity" and "Supreme" arcs which is when I dropped it. Apparently it's improved since.

I really enjoyed his Swamp Thing and Red Lanterns for DC. I think both were among the best books being published by the Big 2 at the time.

For his Marvel work, I've enjoyed his Daredevil but I had to take it off the pull and switch to trade waiting, so I'm behind.

I haven't read much else from his Marvel catalog. Don't care for the direction Marvel decided to take the Inhumans in, not much of a Hulk fan (and even less of a She-Hulk fan), and I got tired of Logan fifteen years ago and haven't followed him since.

But Soule is one of my favorite writers and I always keep an eye out for his projects.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But Soule is one of my favorite writers and I always keep an eye out for his projects.
    Ok so you're kinda like me then.

How do you find his creator owned stuff like Strongman, Letter 44, Curse Words?