Default The Deconstruction of Wally West

As many of you know, Wally has gone through more crap in the two years of his return than many characters have in their entire publication runs. Not only has he had to deal with his loved ones not remembering him, he's been lost in speed force, saddled with a pace maker, dead and most recently come to the realization that his kids he didn't know existed, no longer exist. As a fan of Wally's it's my hope that this all pays off at some point and the doom and gloom of this era comes to an end.
    I mean, The Flash isn't about tragedy right? If Wally were to become a villain or antihero of some kind, would any of you guys be surprised? I wouldn't be. And the fact that I wouldn't is what saddens me considering he's my favorite fictional character of them all.

Eh, sounds like he'd be better off left in limbo for a decade until the right writer shows interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, sounds like he'd be better off left in limbo for a decade until the right writer shows interest.
    Except, he has a key role in the next Crisis; as a murder suspect.

This idea is something that I keep seeing from fans and it pisses me off. That we have to wait for some fairytale prince of a writer to come and save *insert favorite character*. If DC doesn't have writers interested in certain characters that have a following, find one. It can't be that hard. Limbo is the wrong way to go about things. The longer a character is stuck out in the void he less people care about them, DC, and comics as a whole. It does nothing but hurt everything.

DC could get some random starving artist and writer who love these characters and pay them cheap and we would probably get a pretty popular book.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    This idea is something that I keep seeing from fans and it pisses me off. That we have to wait for some fairytale prince of a writer to come and save *insert favorite character*. If DC doesn't have writers interested in certain characters that have a following, find one. It can't be that hard. Limbo is the wrong way to go about things. The longer a character is stuck out in the void he less people care about them, DC, and comics as a whole. It does nothing but hurt everything.

DC could get some random starving artist and writer who love these characters and pay them cheap and we would probably get a pretty popular book.
    Does anybody seriously believe there aren’t a ton of competent professional writers and artists that are happy to draw any character where the pay rate is good??

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post

Yeah, I worded that poorly, let me try that again: Eh, sounds like he'd be better off left in limbo for a decade until the right DC editorial and managerial or executive shake up comes along.

BANNED

Yeah, I worded that poorly, let me try that again: Eh, sounds like he'd be better off left in limbo for a decade until the right DC editorial and managerial or executive shake up comes along.
    The more you read what is happening with the Flash, the more you relize just how great Mark Waid was...

https://www.cbr.com/remembering-ringo-waids-flash/