Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What If: Magik and What If: X-Men books announced

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=54342659

What If something else happened? What If an event—poised on a knife edge—fell in the other direction? What If the Marvel Universe was…different?

These are the questions posed, explored, and brought to their dramatic, reality-defying conclusions in the legendary Marvel What If books—and this fall, they return!

Six brand-new What If stories, each examining classic Marvel characters and narratives turned on their heads, are set to drop this October! Investigate the unknown as Spider-Man, Magik, Ghost Rider, Thor, the X-Men, and the Punisher each enter realities that readers never dared to imagine…until now!

Get all the details about the new What If issues below.

Brought to life by writer Leah Williams, artist Filipe Andrade, and with a cover by Jeff Dekal, Illyana Rasputin enters a new reality on October 31.

Before she was Magik, Illyana was just a kid whom Limbo chewed up and spit out seven years older. So it’s no surprise that, at 15, she wants nothing to do with the X-Men...nothing to do with the New Mutants...and nothing to do with her own powers. It’s not even surprising that she runs away...but where—and who—she ends up? Well, that’s something you’ve never seen before.

"Illyana Rasputin deserves better," explains book editor Annalise Bissa. "As much as we all love a character who’s been aged up, down, grown up under the thumb of demons, watched her parents die, died herself, come back, been evil, been good again, had more power changes than you can shake a stick at...any X-Fan might start to wonder who Magik would be in a world where her mutation isn’t ruled by these crazy ups and downs—where she has the chance to embrace her power early and grow from there, this is the book for you. If you like Magik, magic, or any other word for all things mystical and mysterious and maybe a little bit murderous, read WHAT IF? MAGIK #1."

On October 3, writer Bryan Edward Hill, artists Neil Edwards and Giannis Milonogiannis, and cover artist Rahzzah bring you WHAT IF? X-MEN #1.

From the publisher that gave you OLD MAN LOGAN and HOUSE OF M...witness the X-Men as you never imagined!

Welcome to the EXE/scape, a digital wonderland of business and pleasure accessible to anyone with the social (or monetary) capital for the bio-mods needed to log in... Or you can bypass all of that by being born carrying an .EXE/gene! But circumventing the login regulations is exactly what got the likes of Charles Xavier and his .EXE/men banned and driven underground in the first place... Free-roamers u/Domino and u/Cable have taken every dirty job there is on the ‘scape, but when a simple data scrubbing job turns bad, the life of bio-mod magnate Erik Lehnsherr hangs in the balance, and with it, their very society...

Editor Chris Robinson keeps the pitch short and sweet: "The most life-changing comic since VENOM #1. Speculators take note." Boom.

Both of those covers are beautiful.

BANNED

It's not mentioned in the article, but they are one-shots apparantly.

That Magik cover is everything I ever wanted!!! While it may not be the ongoing series I have been craving, I will take what I can get!

Also, love Andrade's Illyana!

Count me in!

Like I said before, I don't really like Andrade's art, but he does draw a good Magik.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Cool I like What If's
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

X-Men in the Shell

Looking forward to the Magik one of course.

It's worth by the curiosity but frankly Magik deserves a solo a long time.

So the X-Men are NetNavis? (MegaMan Battle Network / NT Warrior)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Squeeeeeeeeeeee

Cyberpunk Cable and Domino by Bryan Hill Edwards?!

Sold!!!!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Really excited for this!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I was joking about the Ghost in the Shell look but damn they're half-way there.

whatifxmen2018001_cov.jpg
    batou.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I was joking about the Ghost in the Shell look but damn they're half-way there.

whatifxmen2018001_cov.jpg
    batou.jpg
    Someone on twitter made the same joke and Bryan Hill said "pretty much" so yeah its def there.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Extraordinary Member

That Magik What If is actually a great idea considering how the New Mutants and Xavier treated Illyana at first and how the X-Men were afraid of her.