Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    So I tweeted Cullen Bunn asking him if he would be writing this. Sadly he is not. Wtf is Marvel doing?!?
    Really disappointing. Too often has this man done all the work, only to reap no reward (okay, his paycheck, but you get what I mean). His heavy work in turning Archangel into an accessible character again completely overhauled the moment someone else wanted to write him, or his layered characterisation of invSabretooth being immediately cast aside for the sake of comic relief. His Fantomex set-up, his Emma development, his originally conceived Mothervine story, all these things taken from him. He's guided Magneto on an era-spanning, singular story and, whilst he's seen it to completion, has been kicked off the X-Books before seeing its aftermath realised. The added insult being taking a name from one of his own projects and slapping it onto a Magneto book as soon as he's gone.

I don't mind a creative reshuffle. That's fine. It's normal. It's comics. But, damn, you put a man on a book he doesn't want to write, essentially taking advantage of his deep love for the X-Books, and then don't bring him back for a book that might be more in line with his style of writing? It's just insulting. It really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL I feel sorry for the people who are passionate against color coded titles.
    I like the color coded titles. And now I can assume that the "X-Men Red" title is still relevant after the end of Blue and Gold.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But with Sabretooth, Mystique, Lady Deathstrike and Omega Red all already on Weapon X, who does that really leave?

Emma and Juggernaut?
    Daken. Exodus. Elixir (it isn't like he's been opposed to villainy before. his new insight to life after he'd been resurrected left him in a horrific place). Briar.

But I S2G if I see Toad, Blob, oldPyro, or Mystique (who's already on Weapon X-Force) on that roster, then nothing would make me pick this title up. Unless they put some good X-students on there teehee.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We don’t know how Blue ends. That’s all speculative. This book is called X-men why naturally heroes are being pitchdd
    ........there's a thin line between speculating and logical reasoning. Bunn's already said how he envisioned Magneto and that his story will portray that. We've seen a glimpse of him calling out to an all-new Brotherhood. Heroes like Psylocke and........whoever else got pitched wouldn't work for reasons like idk killing the Hellfire Club and obliterating their building. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    In fairness, it's Bunn. Whenever he's written something, just assume that it'll be jettisoned out of continuity as soon as he's left the book. If not before.
    That's actually depressingly accurate. He's gonna end Blue with Magneto snapping and killing an A-list mutant, destroying Madripoor, kills Tyger Tiger and permanently severing his connection to all of the X-Men. Now, X-Men Black (written by Charles Soule), explores Magneto as the new, wacky professor of the Xavier Outreach school.

Soule: Oh, and we're gonna have a backstory set in Madripoor, and we'll never explain why it's back because f*ck Bunn.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Use Tempus. Please. Hugs and Kisses.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    ........there's a thin line between speculating and logical reasoning. Bunn's already said how he envisioned Magneto and that his story will portray that. We've seen a glimpse of him calling out to an all-new Brotherhood. Heroes like Psylocke and........whoever else got pitched wouldn't work for reasons like idk killing the Hellfire Club and obliterating their building. Just a thought.
    That would make sense if Bunn was writing it but if he doesnt, then it doesnt matter. Next writer can come in and do what he wants with Magneto and the characters he or she surrounds him with

Any members announced. Any word on Cyclops or is he still dead. I been out the loop since they made Cyke a criminal

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Any members announced. Any word on Cyclops or is he still dead. I been out the loop since they made Cyke a criminal
    Cyclops is still dead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why are so many annoyed by the colour titles?
    I frankly do not mind the title Black or White X-Men instead of adjective less and Uncanny.

Okay it's nostalgic to have this two original titles but I honestly do not mind the colours.
    For me, it's that the title of this new book signifies that we're not yet finished with this 'colour era' of X-Men. I haven't enjoyed a single one of the colour titles yet, and I was hoping that the upcoming books would take us out of this era with a new mission statement. Sadly, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Daken. Exodus. Elixir (it isn't like he's been opposed to villainy before. his new insight to life after he'd been resurrected left him in a horrific place). Briar.

But I S2G if I see Toad, Blob, oldPyro, or Mystique (who's already on Weapon X-Force) on that roster, then nothing would make me pick this title up. Unless they put some good X-students on there teehee.

That's actually depressingly accurate. He's gonna end Blue with Magneto snapping and killing an A-list mutant, destroying Madripoor, kills Tyger Tiger and permanently severing his connection to all of the X-Men. Now, X-Men Black (written by Charles Soule), explores Magneto as the new, wacky professor of the Xavier Outreach school.

Soule: Oh, and we're gonna have a backstory set in Madripoor, and we'll never explain why it's back because f*ck Bunn.
    Well everything is speculation. And I hope Bunn ends his time with Magneto in a balanced and fair way, that isn't only his personal opinion of the character but a just depiction of the character as he stands now, after 14 years of being an anti-hero.

But anyway, I have a question. CBR did some reviews of BLUE #31, and the writer (Tim Wood? I can't remember his name) seems to have inside info from Marvel. He said Magneto just killed the guards and wrecked the buildings of the Hell Fire Club chapter houses, but did not kill the guests. Have you seen anything else on the Internet or in the books that would suggest this? I hope it's true (you probably hope it's not). Also, consider the one person who gains from all that destruction, who wants to build a new Hell Fire Club and seems to be totally unafraid of Magneto, who seems to have gotten control of Briar, who fed Magneto the information that led him (it seemed illogical at the time) to the various Hell Fire Club branches. I'm hoping Cullen Bunn is way more sophisticated and fair to Magneto by issue #36 than you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why are so many annoyed by the colour titles?
    I frankly do not mind the title Black or White X-Men instead of adjective less and Uncanny.

Okay it's nostalgic to have this two original titles but I honestly do not mind the colours.
    They were something that identified ResurrXion and considering we are moving into a new era of X-men, they should leave that in the past

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They were something that identified ResurrXion and considering we are moving into a new era of X-men, they should leave that in the past
    This. It was a part of what many consider to be a not-so-good time. And the color titles make it seem, once again, like this Fresh Start is not so fresh. lol

Then some just find the color-named corny, and figure it's best left to Power Rangers.

XMEN RED: Jean Grey
    XMEN BLACK: Magneto
    XMEN GOLD: PRYDE
    XMEN BLUE: JEEN

We missing XMEN GREEN : Rogue , XMEN WHITE : Emma and XMEN SILVER: STORM

And we have all the good pokemon games

oh god if they have a Xmen White and dont include Emma or Monet, I will surely riot!
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    oh god if they have a Xmen White and dont include Emma or Monet, I will surely riot!
    If there will ever be a XMEN WHITE is obviously need to be lead by Emma Frost. so as XMEN GREEN needs Rogue as her leader

Go PowerRangers/Pokemon themed XMEN

I'm really hoping whoever's on writing duties does pick up the thread with Magneto's Brotherhood, though. Exodus and Elixir should come aboard, at least.