Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm not seeing what is so terrible about this script anyway.
    I do have an issue with Betty dropping her boyfriend as soon as Banner shows up again but apart from that it was fine. It seems to me it's just hyperbole, it's actually terrible because it's not massively brilliant and everything not massively brilliant is terrible with no in-between the two.

If that Hulk movie had dropped NOW, I would say it was subpar.

But at the time, I would have said it was one of the better super hero movies that came out. Nothing was particularly brillaint about it, but it made sense overall and was a lot of fun. It doesn't age as well as some marvel solo films ended up doing... but it didn''t kill the momentum that marvel was building.

I didn't like the way the Abomination looked. They should have stayed closer to the reptilian look from the comics. I am not saying they have to stick with the comics look, but this abomination wasn't right for me.
    I felt the same thing about the BvS Doomsday.

I also don't like "The final fight scene has to be at night" thing some of these movies do.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I enjoy both Norton and Ruffalo's takes on Bruce Banner.

Norton's is closer to the comics, but Ruffalo's is more consistent with the overall tone of the MCU.

I'd have loved to have seen a Hulk franchise starring Norton that hit the best beats from the PAD run. And I'm also quite happy with what they've done with Hulk in the Avengers films. Sometimes I wish Marvel Studios would explore alternate universes with standalone heroes, so we could have our cake and eat it too. I love the epic feel that everything's connected but miss the days when a hero could have their own story without any intrusions. It seems like we might never get another film like Donner's Superman, Burton's Batman or Raimi's Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I didn't like the way the Abomination looked. They should have stayed closer to the reptilian look from the comics.
    Always wondered about this: was there ever given a reason why Blonsky turned into a big lizard thing while all of the other Gamma-freaks turned into big green or red people?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It's on the low end of my MCU ranking list but I don't hate any MCU film and quite enjoy it.
    Same here I put it just above Iron 2 and thor 2. But I found those movies to be ok and fun. They dont have the insane rewatch value almost every other mcu movie has for me. But I dont hate them at all. Nortin suffered from having an inferior Hulk and that's who we pay to see not Banner. Also if it's TRUE Norton cut Rick Jones out well then blame him for Incredibles Hulks lack of Heart. That's my gripe with the movie it doesnt have the heart and fun almost every other MCU movie has. And I think Rick Jones coulda helped

Astonishing Member

I thought that Hulk movie was good and that Ed was good in it. If he's seriouslly griping at Marvel over i, I'd say he's being a silly bitch ass punk. I'm sure if most actors could earn as much money in a lifetime as Ed Norton made in that movie, they'd be pretty thankful.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 07-19-2018 at 09:51 AM.

I didn't like the way the Abomination looked. They should have stayed closer to the reptilian look from the comics. I am not saying they have to stick with the comics look, but this abomination wasn't right for me.
    I felt the same thing about the BvS Doomsday.

I also don't like "The final fight scene has to be at night" thing some of these movies do.
    I hate how untill recently they sheyed away from hulk talking. It was cool when he choked out Abomination and then stood over him king king style with his chest out. He shoulda said Hulks the strongest one there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Always wondered about this: was there ever given a reason why Blonsky turned into a big lizard thing while all of the other Gamma-freaks turned into big green or red people?
    In the movie I don't think it was ever stated outright, but I always assumed that the reason he looked so different from the Hulk was because he had the imperfect super solider serum in his system already when he got injected with Banner's blood. As for the comics, no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    In the movie I don't think it was ever stated outright, but I always assumed that the reason he looked so different from the Hulk was because he had the imperfect super solider serum in his system already when he got injected with Banner's blood. As for the comics, no idea.
    There was a scene where The Leader tells him the serum and Hulk blood could result in him becoming an "abomination" before the experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think it might have been a mix of that and Blonsky's personal character that altered him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Same here I put it just above Iron 2 and thor 2. But I found those movies to be ok and fun. They dont have the insane rewatch value almost every other mcu movie has for me. But I dont hate them at all. Nortin suffered from having an inferior Hulk and that's who we pay to see not Banner. Also if it's TRUE Norton cut Rick Jones out well then blame him for Incredibles Hulks lack of Heart. That's my gripe with the movie it doesnt have the heart and fun almost every other MCU movie has. And I think Rick Jones coulda helped
    If I'm honest I appreciate films like Incredible Hulk and Thor the Dark World a lot because they make me as a comic fan realize what a golden age and wonderful time we live in to be a fan. If 20 years ago in the 90's when I was a teen I saw those films I would had went nuts and loss my sh#t the fact now I'm like they're ok makes me so happy

It is easier to hide CGI that way
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is easier to hide CGI that way
    And back in the day it was easier to hide the models, animatronics, or just plain dudes in crappy costumes that way.

I always thought it was set at night to hide how the "Harlem" in the film looks nothing like Harlem.