Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who do you prefer beetween Cable and Wolverine as a leader for X-Force?

Wolverine is coming back and he is going to be on a team (or 3 teams at minimal) and we know that after his solo is cancelled Cable is still going to have a role in the books.

So i ask, who senior citizen do you prefer in that position?. Being serious, i want to know what most people think about this, i do prefer Wolverine but at the same time X-Force is basically Cable's baby and i do want a place for him to fall back. So i'm not sure, what are your thoughts?

Cable. For sure. I love Wolverine, but not so much as the leader. More as that rogue badass you send in to get a particularly dirty job done. When you put him in a position of leadership, he loses something. At least IMO.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Difficult choice. Wolverine was in charge of my favorite x-force but i feel that being in x-force is something that shows a hard and difficult side of his character. Some times i feel that Logan can make hard choices but i don't know i just feel like that makes him more of an antihero, i prefer him as a hero.

I prefer cable leading x-force but wolverine is cool too.

Astonishing Member

Cable, he would be more logical and rational

BANNED

Cable.

Wolverine will always be a better assistant on X-Men and X-force. leave the leadership to the Summers family.

Cable. I still am feeling Logan burnout.

Cable for the visuals and conventional "line-up design", but there's not a single Cable-lead X-Force story that can hold up to Wolverine's tenure. I feel like the great potential of Cable has always been squandered and even X-Force, the book seemingly catered for him, keeps the character stale and repetitive. Between the two, story wins out for me.

But, really, were we to have a new X-Force book, I wouldn't want either. I think it's time for another reinvention, a la what Moore, Milligan and KYost managed to do. X-Force has become shorthand for the grittier, guns-blazing, morally ambiguous stories that it often returns to, but really X-Force is about a new generation interacting with the world around them. With the launch of X-Force said new generation was the dark age of 90s comics, and thus early X-force embodied all the best and worst of 90s comics. But whenever it's reinvented itself, it's managed to tap into a zeitgeist (is this a pun?) contemporaneous to the world/genre around it. X-Force isn't one thing that should be judged by one, limited, set of criteria.

So let's see a new vision for X-Force and let's ask the question of what that would be. Is the genre clamouring for another wetworks team? (I'm not saying it's not) X-Force isn't a book about kids, it's not a school book, but it's unique in X-Lore in that it's early reinventions really dealt with post-graduation mutants. They weren't young, but they were also not mature. I think I'd like to see a return to that. There's a unique set of drama that seems to slip by writers, who are either nostalgically revisiting their youthful school days or are reflecting their current middle-age tendencies. Whilst people will argue that plenty of superheroes are in their 20s, very few of them actually read like they are.

The caveat, of course, is that the X-Force name has now become more immutably associated with the clandestine, black-ops-y type of team. So much so that any mention of a X-Men team who are willing to be intimidating or kill are read as wannabe X-Force titles. It's unfortunate, but perhaps a bitter reality. Still, even if we return to shallow definitions of X-Force, I'd like an X-Force defined outside of these two characters.

Deadpool. But either of the others are ok

Cable or Domino.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wolverine's X-Force runs were cool but his crews went through ****.

Cannonball and Smasher for X-Force. Make X-Force Guthrie again.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Cable hands down
    X-Men Forever

Cable, Wolverine would already be on a bunch of other teams probably leading one of them anyway.

Depends on a few variables. X-force volume 3 is my favorite x-force however.

Cable 100 times out of 100.

Wolverine has been awful just about every time he's been in charge.

Wolverine, but mainly because I loved the UXF run as a whole. The story was about a lot more than a black ops team, though.