Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I sometimes fantasize about how cool Uncanny X-Force might’ve been had Cable been alive when Remender did it. One of my favorite runs ever might’ve been even better. *sigh*

I've gotta go with Logan on this one. The Kyle/Yost and especially the Remender run are some of my favorite comics ever. Cable run X-Force is good, but I never felt like I couldn't wait to read the next issue. I always was left wanting more with the Wolverine led teams.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The only time I ever enjoyed the title (and concept as a whole) was when Wolverine was the team leader. (Not counting the recent Deadpool film, which was great.) So I guess I prefer Logan as the leader.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Cannonball is the best X-Force leader. Cable as leader was barely in the mix and was always off doing his own thing most of the time. Wolverine is my favorite character, but I never liked him in the leadership role(even though he's proven he's capable).

I prefer Cable but Wolverine led my favorite rendition of X-Force (Yost and Kyle)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I prefer Cable but Wolverine led my favorite rendition of X-Force (Yost and Kyle)
    Wasn't Wolverine co-leading with Archangel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    He was co-leading with Betsy more than anything.

Not in Yost and Kyle's team. They co-lead Remender's Uncanny X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He was co-leading with Betsy more than anything.
    that was not in Yost and Kyle's run

Between Wolverine and [insert character] for a leadership role, in 90% of cases, it's going to be [insert character]. This one is no different.

BANNED

Cable. I don't think Wolverine should have ever been in charge, and I think Nate is a natural-born leader, whereas Logan sorta had it thrust upon him.

Cable is a born leader and has led teams and entire armies

Wolverine just isnt leader material. Anytime hes been forced into that role it clearly does not work out well. He may be the heart of the xmen in many ways but he works best as support.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Cable is a born leader and has led teams and entire armies

Wolverine just isnt leader material. Anytime hes been forced into that role it clearly does not work out well. He may be the heart of the xmen in many ways but he works best as support.
    Well in the military, Logan was at some point a general, captain, commander, etc... all that shit. He was chosen to lead Alpha Flight too, but chose to stay with the X-Men. So Logan most definitely is leader material, he just chooses not to. He certainly has the credentials that most other characters thrusted into leaderships positions doesn't.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Well in the military, Logan was at some point a general, captain, commander, etc... all that shit. He was chosen to lead Alpha Flight too, but chose to stay with the X-Men. So Logan most definitely is leader material, he just chooses not to. He certainly has the credentials that most other characters thrusted into leaderships positions doesn't.
    Lol, you're right. I always forget how old is Logan, it makes Cable's sixties look young.

Between Cable and Wolverine I pick Psylocke

On a unrelated note I want to see Psylocke, Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool, Gambit, Domino, Bishop , Archangel, Rogue as X-force. An off books black ops X-men is one of the best concepts make sense in the x-universe how it is setup . It look like it was on way to being a big time main stream X-men concept until the Spurrier run. I think they need to pull out all the big guns this time to return to Big time thing and Wolverine, Cable and Deadpool and X-force Mainstays in Psylocke and Domino would prove successful. Then adding Gambit who is most well suited for X-force team but never been on one would be perfect. Bishop and Cable with extended interaction would be amazing in hands of good writer. They keep sticking fringe characters in X-force when the X-uni has the justice league of wetworks/black ops characters.

Wolverine for me, I never found any X-Force run with Cable as a leader interesting while X-Force by Kyle/Yost and Uncanny X-Force by Remender were both great and proved that Wolverine could be a good leader. If Wolverine is unavailable, Cable should lead the team but the two of them as co-leaders could also be interesting

Of course Wolverine and Cable can't hold a candle to the real leaders of the real X-Force : Mister Sensitive, U-Go Girl and the Anarchist !

The best team ever

Last edited by Hush; 07-17-2018 at 05:47 AM.