Default What is the best Batman omnibus? Copper Age please.

Looking for Batman omnis out there. I know there are many, but which ones do you consider the best and why? Cheers!

Wait . . . there was "Golden Age", "Silver Age", and "Bronze Age", but what in the wide world of sports is the "Copper Age", and when did this designation officially become a "thing"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait . . . there was "Golden Age", "Silver Age", and "Bronze Age", but what in the wide world of sports is the "Copper Age", and when did this designation officially become a "thing"?
    I know, but I just found out that it does exist!

http://www.copperagecomics.com

Retired

Well that site seems to have a Marvel bias. The dates don't line up the same for DC. I'd say, by those statndards, it would be from post-Crisis in 1986--up to the Death of Superman and Knightfall in 1993.

For my money the best Batman from this period is by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle. So you might want to get LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT: NORM BREYFOGLE (2015).

Incredible Member

Isn't that the Dark Age?

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Isn't that the Dark Age?
    Yes it's the same. Some want to keep the metal names.

As for Omnibus:
    * Legends of The Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle
    * Batman: Shadow of the Bat Volume 1
    * Batman: Collected Legends of the Dark Knight
    * Knightfall

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Yes it's the same. Some want to keep the metal names.

As for Omnibus:
    * Legends of The Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle
    * Batman: Shadow of the Bat Volume 1
    * Batman: Collected Legends of the Dark Knight
    * Knightfall
    What are your thoughts about the Knightfall trilogy? Any good? I'm thinking of getting all those 3 from IST.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well that site seems to have a Marvel bias. The dates don't line up the same for DC. I'd say, by those statndards, it would be from post-Crisis in 1986--up to the Death of Superman and Knightfall in 1993.

For my money the best Batman from this period is by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle. So you might want to get LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT: NORM BREYFOGLE (2015).
    Thanks for the recommendation! It's a bit hard to find but will try and see if I can get it. Also, what do you think of the Knightfall omnibus trilogy? Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    What are your thoughts about the Knightfall trilogy? Any good? I'm thinking of getting all those 3 from IST.
    I personnaly liked it a lot. But I can see why some dislike it. It's got a weak Batman. Indeed, but also a brand new villain that has on of the best written origin in all of comicdom.
    Batman gets replaced. And his replacement has another phylosophy that some dislike. Personnaly I think that's what makes Knightquest interresting to read. Because it's different and new.
    To me Chuck Dixon is one of the top Batman writters and his run renewed Batman.
    If you are going to read it, there is one prelude you should absolutly ready before, it's Batman: Sword of Azrael. Otherwise you don't really get who/what is Jean-Paul Valley.
    Also you must get the New edition, it's more complete. Well it has stories the previous editions didn't have. And stories that I think are very good and fresh.
    Such as Knightquest: The Search in volume 2 where Bruce and Alfred go investigate in Ireland.
    I don't understand why they didn't divide the Saga into 3 parts with one being the Prelude.
    Do get it, I really enjoyed it better than Scott Snyder 's or Tom King's runs (well Tom King has a few very good chapters).

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I personnaly liked it a lot. But I can see why some dislike it. It's got a weak Batman. Indeed, but also a brand new villain that has on of the best written origin in all of comicdom.
    Batman gets replaced. And his replacement has another phylosophy that some dislike. Personnaly I think that's what makes Knightquest interresting to read. Because it's different and new.
    To me Chuck Dixon is one of the top Batman writters and his run renewed Batman.
    If you are going to read it, there is one prelude you should absolutly ready before, it's Batman: Sword of Azrael. Otherwise you don't really get who/what is Jean-Paul Valley.
    Also you must get the New edition, it's more complete. Well it has stories the previous editions didn't have. And stories that I think are very good and fresh.
    Such as Knightquest: The Search in volume 2 where Bruce and Alfred go investigate in Ireland.
    I don't understand why they didn't divide the Saga into 3 parts with one being the Prelude.
    Do get it, I really enjoyed it better than Scott Snyder 's or Tom King's runs (well Tom King has a few very good chapters).
    Thanks for the insight! I look forward to reading it! Cheers!