Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's pretty impressive that Guy's 80s look has held up so long. The Green Lanterns collectively have some of the best designed costumes in all of comics.
    Joe Staton designed Guy's. Darryl Banks designed those of Kyle and Parallax.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I'd be all-for Kyle going back-to-basics with his old stomping grounds, but I just miss Coast City .
    I feel ya, I miss Coast City too.

But Kyle living there will just cement the opinion that he's Hal-lite. Unless the writer used the setting to help establish how different Kyle is from Hal, and drove that home the way Johns drives home fish jokes in Aquaman, it'll just hurt Kyle and Coast City.

What if another West coast character moved there instead? I wouldn't be against seeing Kate Spencer's Manhunter return to California and set up shop in Coast City. The Gotham connections haven't done much to keep her around so it's not like she'd be losing much.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Well, it's a maxi-series, it's about Hal and it's set in space. Nothing new there. I'm surprised.

John is safe in JL, and Baz and Cruz are safe because they help DC check off diversity boxes.

So things might not look good for Guy and Kyle.

[https://www.cbr.com/grant-morrison-l...tern-relaunch/

BANNED

Upon further review, it seems possible that Guy and Kyle will be moved over into that dead comic walking, Green Lanterns.

Oh joy.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Well, it's a maxi-series, it's about Hal and it's set in space. Nothing new there. I'm surprised.

John is safe in JL, and Baz and Cruz are safe because they help DC check off diversity boxes.

So things might not look good for Guy and Kyle.

[https://www.cbr.com/grant-morrison-l...tern-relaunch/
    I don't see where it's a maxi-series?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't see where it's a maxi-series?
    I think it's 12 issues, isn't it?

That was Bleeding Cool who said that (spit). They often get details wrong. Morrison said in the interview that this ISN'T like a 12-part end of the world series. Now, maybe it is a 12-part run, but it felt like he was saying it was more of an ongoing.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

So was Morrison's run on Batman. From Grant's mouth, that means nothing: he'll leave when he is done.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

GL should become GLC and feature errrybody. Can't remember who might be writing but I'd love to see Seeley write the Morrison companion book.

Worried about Wally/Kyle in Heroes in Crisis, but King is a big Morrison fan so kind of optimistic too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

They said (in one of the transcripts here) that over dinner, Didio and Morrison talked about GL, and by the end of dinner Morrison had an idea for twelve issues. That doesn't mean he'll be done at twelve issues, only that he had an idea at that moment for a year long story (or six months, depending on shipping).

But Morrison usually runs long anyway. His Action was only supposed to be about twelve issues and ended up at 19. And I think he stayed on Batman about twice as long as he originally planned, or something. I'd be surprised if he didn't go at least 18 issues with Hal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They said (in one of the transcripts here) that over dinner, Didio and Morrison talked about GL, and by the end of dinner Morrison had an idea for twelve issues. That doesn't mean he'll be done at twelve issues, only that he had an idea at that moment for a year long story (or six months, depending on shipping).

But Morrison usually runs long anyway. His Action was only supposed to be about twelve issues and ended up at 19. And I think he stayed on Batman about twice as long as he originally planned, or something. I'd be surprised if he didn't go at least 18 issues with Hal.
    Cool! I can't imagine DC would say "Hey, you can't do more issues than you said" - Morrison should give sales a real boost, and they always increase issue numbers if they can (like with White Knight).

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Hopefully, he hits GL outta the park.
    I would be more interested if it was focusing on Kyle though.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the strong, positive, relationship between Guy and Kyle was one of the best parts of Tomasi's GLC run. It didn't seem to hurt the book a bit .
    Indeed. Guy and Kyle bromance was one of the best thing about that book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Indeed. Guy and Kyle bromance was one of the best thing about that book.
    When two characters think the same things, one of them is redundant.

BANNED

When two characters think the same things, one of them is redundant.
    Why do you hate GL characters so much..?