Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default 'Batwoman TV Series in the Works at The CW

Greg Berlanti and Caroline Dries are developing the drama ahead of the character's debut in the network's DC crossover event in December

Batwoman revolves around Kate Kane, who, armed with a passion for social justice and flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet: in a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-at-cw-1127574
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Cool .

I'm kind of wondering if this is going to end up replacing Arrow on the CW's schedule given that, on-paper, they seem similar at least as far as the comic book genre or niche they intend to fill out.

I have a lot of questions about how they're going to handle Kate, but those will probably be answered in the crossover. I am curious if they'll acknowledge Batman or treat him like Supergirl treats Superman, which once again begs the question of what Earth this show will be set on.

Will they have access to Batman's Rogues Gallery? Supporting cast? The rest of the Batfamily?

I think clear musts as far as main characters go is Jacob, and probably Alice. Maybe Bette?

Incredible Member

I kinda want this on the same Earth as Supergirl... but I’m afraid that show will close down after the next season and I don’t want this proposed series to exist apart from other DC TV series. Unless they come out and put Supergirl and Black Lightning on the same Earth. Seeing BL and Batwoman side by side would work for me.

Cass and Renee news yesterday, Kate news today? Is it Christmas?

It's really encouraging they're announcing this so far in advance. That speaks to a willingness to use her instead of a case of "she can have a show if the crossover is a hit".
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Hope they adapt the Colony plot in some form (obviously would need to be majorly reworked from Detective Comics since they won't have most of the cast).

Either way Jacob and Alice have to be major villains.

Kind of hope this replaces Arrow. Arrow has always been my favourite comic show (despite its rough patches). It's literally what got me into comics. But I think its time for it to have a conclusion.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Cass and Renee news yesterday, Kate news today? Is it Christmas?

It's really encouraging they're announcing this so far in advance. That speaks to a willingness to use her instead of a case of "she can have a show if the crossover is a hit".
    Cass and Renee? Where, you gotta link?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    https://www.middletownpress.com/ente...m-13079452.php
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Hope they adapt the Colony plot in some form (obviously would need to be majorly reworked from Detective Comics since they won't have most of the cast).

Either way Jacob and Alice have to be major villains.
    Jacob's not a villain, so I hope they don't go that route. The Colony storyline might not be doable on a CW budget, and requires a bunch of groundwork first anyway.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool .

I have a lot of questions about how they're going to handle Kate, but those will probably be answered in the crossover. I am curious if they'll acknowledge Batman or treat him like Supergirl treats Superman, which once again begs the question of what Earth this show will be set on.

Will they have access to Batman's Rogues Gallery? Supporting cast? The rest of the Batfamily?

I think clear musts as far as main characters go is Jacob, and probably Alice. Maybe Bette?
    They used Batman villains for Green Arrow. Why wouldn't they use Batman villains for Batwoman?

Kate doesn't have much for Supporting Cast, so Jacob, Julia and Bette probably.

If the writers want to use the theme 'urban legends for Batwoman Villains', they could probably do a better job than the comics. They could use Supernatural for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    You didn't hear? Both Cassandra Cain and Renee Montoya are in the upcoming Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey film...

Batwoman huh? I could definitely see it taking Arrow's place on the network
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

As long as they keep her costume as close to the comics as possible, I'm pretty jazzed for this.

If she just looks like Black Canary or Huntress, then no.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Jacob's not a villain, so I hope they don't go that route. The Colony storyline might not be doable on a CW budget, and requires a bunch of groundwork first anyway.
    Arguable, depending on which series you are looking at. I definitely prefer the antagonist version of him (probably a better word than villain). He's sympathetic, but so are most great antagonists.

I also don't think the Colony plot has to be expensive. Considering the plots they've adapted for Flash/Supergirl, the Colony doesn't seem very ambitious at all. It requires no CGI, and the action scenes can be scaled to various sizes depending on budget.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

First, awesome news, even though the CW is rather formulaic kind of plots. And ensemble casts. Only the cruelest of fates would not guarantee that Bette Kane could be one of those cast members...

Regardless, it probably is a sure thing that it will replace Green Arrow, maybe not right away but within a year. Just think most of these shows lose steam, recycle plots, characters, etc and should die a season before they do.

I think Supergirl's "earth" would be the one, if only because I would die to know if that world's Maggie (who was a girlfriend to Alex, Supergirl's earthly sister) is the referred to "complicated" relationship, Maggie once told Alex...

But I know there are various references to the Waynes on Arrow - still . . . .

If they do this at all, they should keep the Kane/Wayne thing as separate as possible. Don't even go cousins. Wait for 2 or 3 seasons even. Build it.

Likewise Jacob and his role. If they do Colony, they should build that and maybe, possibly have Jacob come out better there. Because Jacob is Kate's Alfred.

WOW.. Cool.

Please oh please oh please include Bette, Jacob, and Alice as characters. And maybe Renee as a love interest? (Doubtful they'll use Maggie since she's already appeared on Supergirl).

I agree this could be an attempt to look for a replacement show for Arrow. Will no doubt get a short run in 2019 as a test (a la Black Lightning) before maybe getting rolled out to full series the following year. That's my bet.