Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Jessica Jones Book to be Announced Tomorrow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Cool.

Did not think of Jess when I saw that teaser but I'm psyched to finally hear news about the next creative team.

If it isn't Kelly Thompson writing, I'll be flabbergasted.

Yeah, Ms Thompson is definitely writing.

I'm not an expert on Jessica Jones but is her original personality the same as her personality depicted in the T.V. show? becuase if it isn't i hope they don't replace her personality with the tv show version of her.

It will be nice to see someone besides Bendis working with the character and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    I'm not an expert on Jessica Jones but is her original personality the same as her personality depicted in the T.V. show? becuase if it isn't i hope they don't replace her personality with the tv show version of her.
    It's pretty close but the TV show lacks the development of the character post-Alias.

Yeah, she's basically the same except she doesn't have a family.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Looking forward to seeing the new creative team .
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Did not think of Jess when I saw that teaser but I'm psyched to finally hear news about the next creative team.
    The purple and camera do seem like big indicators for who this is about, but it also kind of reminded me of the current Nancy Drew book (which, coincidentally, is written by Kelly Thompson).
    I don't think they're that similar. I mean, comic Jess has a mouth and attitude but she's generally more polite and pleasant then the TV version, even before she got married and had a kid.

Bear in mind season 1 was a direct adaptation of Alias. You can make a like for like comparison.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For me it's less about the family and more about keeping tv Jessica in a constant state of suffering which means she can't heal which is why she is so blunt and raw compared the one in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, Ms Thompson is definitely writing.
    Did she confirm this? Granted,she's who I thought would take over the book as soon as Bendis announced he was leaving Marvel, but still.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Did she confirm this? Granted,she's who I thought would take over the book as soon as Bendis announced he was leaving Marvel, but still.
    She can't confirm until the official announcement due to her NDA. But, she has mentioned that there would be an announcement this week prior to SDCC for her new book. And she has been rumored for a while as the probable writer for Jessica Jones.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Well this confirms that teaser is for Jessica - it's actually an old variant cover.

https://www.newsarama.com/40872-marv...nes-cover.html

Jessica on the Netflix show is meaner with more self-destructive tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Anytime you see the color purple in anything Jessica Jones related, it's just creepy. But in a good way.