Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I edited my original post bit here it is again

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Kelly’s Thompson IS on the book! Art is by Mattia De Iulis. Issueone was just released today (digital only) if you have the Marvel Comics app. It’s $4.99.
    Last edited by Seren; 07-18-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bear in mind season 1 was a direct adaptation of Alias. You can make a like for like comparison.
    It was a "direct" adaptation only to the extent that the Purple Man was the villain and that he had had some history with Jessica. Most of the show did not come from the comic book, including her relationship with Patsy (Trish) Walker (and her mother), Malcolm, Nuke (did they call him that in the show), etc. In the comic book, Jessica had been a failed super hero, who became a hard-drinking private eye because of her encounter with the Purple Man.

Sandy Hausler

I'm amused by the fact that they put the book up for sale before making the announcement.

But anyway. Anyone read it yet? Is it good? I do most of my reading on digital anyway, so I'm thinking of getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It was a "direct" adaptation only to the extent that the Purple Man was the villain and that he had had some history with Jessica. Most of the show did not come from the comic book, including her relationship with Patsy (Trish) Walker (and her mother), Malcolm, Nuke (did they call him that in the show), etc. In the comic book, Jessica had been a failed super hero, who became a hard-drinking private eye because of her encounter with the Purple Man.

Sandy Hausler
    Nah, he was never Nuke in the show. I remember talking to people how they adapt him to the show but they had no idea who I was on about as he wasn't called Nuke.

Uh, Sandy, the TV show kept the failed superhero stuff, Trish found the Jewel costume, remember?

Cover:
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-18-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How's it fare so far?
    Last edited by Colt Cape; 07-18-2018 at 07:22 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

> digital
    > $5

nah.

pp,550x550.u1.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I mean, it is 44 pages, but that's still really steep...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

who is writing and drawing the new ongoing?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is writing and drawing the new ongoing?
    The cover Digifiend posted has Kelly Thompson as writer and Mattia De Iulis as artist.

Fantastic Member

Uh, Sandy, the TV show kept the failed superhero stuff, Trish found the Jewel costume, remember?
    No they didn't. and while Trish MADE the Jewel costume Jessica never worn it.

Trish MADE the costume for Jessica. Jessica never wore it. Outside of couple of references the show barely used anything from Alias.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    > digital
    > $5

nah.

pp,550x550.u1.jpg
    It's 2 issues in one..

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Um. How is $5 really steep for 40 pages of content...you guys usually pay $8 for 40 pages of content.

I am...so confused.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Um. How is $5 really steep for 40 pages of content...you guys usually pay $8 for 40 pages of content.

I am...so confused.
    Speaking ONLY for myself:

1) You are 100% correct that it's a much better deal per page (which is very important to me)

2) However, we had one day to get ready for a mystery series with no other information, including price point. Usually, we have a lot longer to get ready for a new #1, we can weigh the creative team (if we are unfamiliar with them, check out their back issues, websites, interviews, etc), and have already gotten past the sticker shock, made the necessary adjustment in our budgets, etc.

3) With additional time to get used to things, I am coming around to the announcement. It just takes a while.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord