Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thoughts on the new Justice League series thus far?

Ok we're 3 issues in (soon to be 4), what are your thoughts on this series? I think reading three issues is enough for form at least some kind of opinion on how you like it so far.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Ok we're 3 issues in (soon to be 4), what are your thoughts on this series? I think reading three issues is enough for form at least some kind of opinion on how you like it so far.

What do you think?
    I’m not liking it actually. I’m not as smart as everyone else that loves Snyder’s stuff, it’s just hard for me to follow. I needed to cut down on the 19 titles that I currently collect, and this was all the way in the bottom for me.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

It's been entertaining. That's all comics need to be in my opinion. So far, so good.

I think I agree with Wolfsbane, that its been tricky to follow. I've read Metal, No Justice, yet I still feel I missed something that I should already have knowledge of.

I really like that the cast is so large though, even if it's just Mr. Terrific or the Atom in a few panels per issue, I still like it.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It's off to a great start story-wise. I like the revamped roster and the fact that the Legion of Doom will be spanning over several arcs and not just be a one arc and done threat. I'm not the biggest fan of Jorge Jimenez's art but it's not horrible.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I’m not liking it actually. I’m not as smart as everyone else that loves Snyder’s stuff, it’s just hard for me to follow. I needed to cut down on the 19 titles that I currently collect, and this was all the way in the bottom for me.
    I agree in the case of I don't know what's happening. It's so hard to follow

Astonishing Member

I want to like it but there is way too much going on in the story. The story feels more focused on setting up concepts for a future event or something than telling a cohesive story.

Amazing Member

I'm not having any problems following it, but I'm not really enjoying the story at all. The art has been fantastic though.

Didn't get issue 2 n 3 however got the 1st issue because of jim chueng's art.but jirge jimenez art always make me feel like I need to be intoxicated to understand what's going on,i didn't like it in Earth 2 n not a fan in Justice League.

Astonishing Member

It's good so far, though I'll admit the plot seems a bit ephemeral to me , not really sure what Luther point is, I suppose that's deliberate

it's good

Not great

A clearer antagonist would help imo

Fantastic Member

Too many concepts thrown into the mix all at once. Maybe it's me, but not sure if I can follow? Saying that really like the character interactions and the sense of epic about the whole thing.

I'm diggin' it.
    Batman - Daredevil

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Not fond of narration. It's kinda of ruining it for me.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really enjoying it, Snyder does a bit too much words, but I prefer big ideas than writers that just phone in a plot.

Mighty Member

Today's issue was especially great. The cliffhanger we were left on was insane. I can't wait to see how everyone gets out of this one.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers