Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Retired

I've already explained what I like about Kandor. And as long as it remains in a bottle, it works for me. But I would fix the problem of them actually having survived. They haven't. They are all dead and they are just living an illusion of life in a small bottle city. Brainiac simply harvested their bio-patterns to observe them in a simulated reality.

Superman knows this and can enter the city (somewhat like AVATAR) by using a simulation of himself in Kandor. But he never lets on that he knows they are all dead and simply computer created ghosts. Didn't Captain Picard have an adventure like that on ST:TNG? I think this might have given me that idea.

It's good to have different realities that Superman can enter and have adventures inside. And it's good to explore and expand the fantastic world of Krypton.

What was boring about the Byrne Superman and the 1940s Superman was that Superman was too bound to Earth and mundane reality all the time. Fletcher Hanks seemed to recognize the potential of Superman better than his own creators, as Stardust the Super-Wizard had the kinds of way-out adventures that Superman ought to have had but didn't back during his original decade.

i don't mind either really tbh; they both work really well if they're done correctly. superman being literally the "last son of krypton" is a cool idea i can get along with as long it's used as leaping board for interesting concepts and material. plus, i like the focus it can give to kal-el however i can see the potential of it being used too strongly or poorly for my tastes which can result in a pretty boring or mundane superman.

superman having kandor, krypto, kara, zod, or whatever is something i'm fine with too. i think all that stuff adds a lot of fun, extra material and adventure to his universe which is always good. although i like the idea of kandor being a dead/frozen miniature city better than the city having thousands of kryptonians around.

so the idea of superman being the only kryptonian in his universe or not isn't the most important thing to me; it's the writers behind that and their execution of it which matters imo.
    Thank you for screaming, Stefanie-san!

BANNED

I like the characters we got from the expansion of supermans universe,BUT if I had to change them I would do this.

Supergirl- I would make her a Dadamite with golden age levels of superman power.she would be the great,great,great,etc grandmother of lar Gand/mon-el.she would be able to reproduce with other species.

Krypto- a regular earth dog given kryptonian DNA to make him SUPER.a first experiment by lex

Bizzaro- is the first actual first clone of superman by lex,he is flawed.

The Eradicator- is a subroutine onboard baby kal-els ship that has grown.it was how kryptonians policed themselves on their planet.here on earth the Eradicator sees kal has a criminal because of the way he lives and acts.

Zod- is the ONLY kryptonian placed in the phantom zone as he was the ONLY truly evil criminal on krypton,and kryptonians didn't deal with their criminals with capital punishment.

Superboy- human created SUPER clone.could be created by using supermans DNA or as just a map to start with,either way he should be different than superman in ways,like having tactile telekinesis instead of solar fueled amped physical powers.

Alternate universe versions are just that,so they can be whatever the writers want,because it happens on another earth/universe.

Oh and I love that holodeck version of Kandor
    Last edited by stephens2177; 09-14-2014 at 08:38 AM.

BANNED

You know I kinda like the idea of Kara being the only Daxam explorer crash landing in earth.i like that this version would be a super scientist,and her powers would come from Daxamites pursuit in making themselves better,not from the sun or gravity,and if she doesn't have a power( like superman) she just creates or builds it, so flight and super senses are not out of her grasp at all,she just makes it happen herself.

Superboy would be humanities pursuit to create a perfect being or perfect weapon,using the most powerful being on the planet as a blueprint.

Both earth and Daxam are trying to recreate theirselves in the form (in their own way) of kryptonians, which they both see as perfect beings.