Mighty Member

Default Most sympathetic MCU villian?

Killmonger
    Ghost
    Zemo
    Loki
    Guy Pearce
    Other?

For me its a toss up between Ghost and Killmonger. It was a dick move for T'Chaka to just leave a kid like that and even worse for SHIELD (Hydra?) to weaponise a young girl .

YOUR thoughts on this?

Killmonger? Lol, the guy who killed hundreds of his brothers and sisters just to get revenge on T'Challa who didn't do anything to him in the first place?

Ghost for sure

Mighty Member

Thanks for the speedy reply! Yeah, sympathy only stretches so far, Red Skull probably had a hard upbringing too like he did in the comics but that doesn't excuse or Guy Pearce just cause he had a lousy NYE 2000...

BANNED

I'm going with Calvin Zabo.

BANNED

I'm sure this doesn't officially count as MCU, but in Marvel movies I'd have to go with Doc Ock

Nebula
    Vulture
    Killmonger
    Thanos
    Zemo

None of them are completely sympathetic. But you understand what drives them. Thanos might be number 1 for me if we were given a look at his family and life on Titan. We are just told no one listened and his planet was lost. If we got some more personal stuff woulda helped alot. Maybe in a eternals movie or avengers 4

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Guy Pearce
    I'm sure you mean Aldrich Killian the guy he played in IM3 lol

FIrst name to pop in my head is Nebula. She's got a tragic past, which is obviously a must for a sympathetic villain, but she's also not TOO bad on the villain scale.

Incredible Member

Crusher Creel.

He's the lovable loser who really keeps making bad choices.

Helmut Zemo. he lost everything. Ghost has Bill Foster for family. Loki could have had the love of his foster parents and Thor. I don't know about Killmonger but he callously killed one of his allies. she was clearly loyal to him. Killian was an insanely wealthy and attractive individual. that should have been enough.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-17-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Spectacular Member

Ultron. Because obviously Ultron.

Ghost (pretty much a victim trying to survive, goes to harsh measures, but stops herself from crossing lines)

Vulture (Had his career ruined by powers greater than himself, trying to provide for his family, mostly just a thief)

Killmonger (Sympathetic back story, legit grievances against Wakanda and the world...goes about addressing these issues as a psychopath...)

Thanos (legitimately believes he is making the Universe a better, more sustainable place...though a few moments of thought makes you think that's bullshit, and how he treated Nebula/Gamora backs that up.)

Zemo (legit grief followed by revenge, he's not trying to make anything better. He just wants to make people hurt even if you can see why. Problem is he kills a lot of innocent people who had nothing to do with his revenge)

Loki (...he's really charismatic....yeah he's a power mad dick, but he's a likable power mad dick which puts him above Hela imo.)
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Killmonger
    Ghost
    Zemo
    Loki
    Guy Pearce
    Other?

For me its a toss up between Ghost and Killmonger. It was a dick move for T'Chaka to just leave a kid like that and even worse for SHIELD (Hydra?) to weaponise a young girl .

YOUR thoughts on this?
    I found Ivan Vanko to be fairly sympathetic. From his view, he was the hero and Stark the Capitalist, money-grubbing son of a money-grubbing Capitalist who ruined his father for personal gain. Not what really happened but what he believed.

Although I would agree that Zemo was even more sympathetic.
    Power with Girl is better.

Loki (...he's really charismatic....yeah he's a power mad dick, but he's a likable power mad dick which puts him above Hela imo.)
    That, and Loki has some serious family issues, which are understandable considering his history.

Ghost. She just doesn't want to die.

Zemo is also very sympathetic.

Loki is not really sympathetic, I understand why he does what he does. I can forgive him for most of the stuff except in The Avengers.