Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Ghost, by a mile. Most of the others deemed sympathetic would be justified in beating a particular face or two in but instead go Way Overboard, she does not have the luxury of doing even that, let alone walk away and get therapy
    Yeah, it's worth noting that prior to the movie, Ghost did everything right, and still got screwed. She went to the proper authorities, sought their help...and was used as a tool. And once Shield was dissolved, no one even tried to help her.

Others could turn away from their plans, Ghost, not so much

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wakanda opening itself up to the rest of the world is from the comic to.
    After time. Not immediately after it's first contacts. I'd.have been happier if they'd left that for a sequel, but I get that would have diminished the story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Graviton.

He was an upstanding military man with a strong sense of justice, brought low and broken by Hydra torture and brainwashing, then tried to recover and got his super powers. But even though he was no longer brainwashed, the damage to his psyche left him too confused and paranoid to know right from wrong when it came to how to use his powers. The guy was a threat to the entire Earth, but in his damaged mind, the only thing he wanted to do was be an Avenger, to be a good Dad to his Son and have his Son look up to him as a superhero, and save the Earth from Thanos. But he couldn't see that he was doing more damage, and he couldn't see that those who were trying to stop him were just trying to help, rather than siding with the enemy.

I can't really argue with this.

He is a very tragic character that we feel bad for laughing at despite really only having the best intentions at heart.

Extraordinary Member

It's easily Ghost. She was dying, there was a power out there that could help her, she was going after it. The people that were supposed to help her and had authority decided she was better off as a weapon. The worst thing she was willing to do was to potentially risk one life to save her own.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's easily Ghost. She was dying, there was a power out there that could help her, she was going after it. The people that were supposed to help her and had authority decided she was better off as a weapon. The worst thing she was willing to do was to potentially risk one life to save her own.
    I thought the actress and make-up people did an excellent job with Ghost. She's played by an attractive woman, but you'd never know it because she looks like a drug addict going through withdraw. She never let you forget that Ghost was in pain constantly.

Plus, a point in Ghost's favor, she was willing to accept responsibility for the vague evil stuff she did under Shield. We saw that when she tried to push Foster away. She was just caught up in a shitty situation, all around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Ghost, by a mile. Most of the others deemed sympathetic would be justified in beating a particular face or two in but instead go Way Overboard, she does not have the luxury of doing even that, let alone walk away and get therapy
    Once more, why is it that so many ignore the person who has been talking to T'Challa and whose ideas are even in the same zip code as what the man implemented? Yes, Nakia being ignored in favor of Mr. Stevens gets on my nerve
    That was all Nakia alright, and it annoys me as well that people ignore that. What Killmonger was doing was giving Wakandan tech and weapons to people to hurt others, not help like T'Challa ended up doing.