Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Default Rainbow Brite Comic Announce by Dynamite for October 2018!

Bellow is the Link to the CBR Article of the Announcement of for the 1980's Icon Rainbow Brite and Her New Comic Just being made by Dynamite Entertainment!

I did not want to Copy Much from the Article so here is the CBR Link to Find Out More;

https://www.cbr.com/rainbow-brite-returns-comic-series/

I was Totally Taken Off Guard by this News, I knew a good Deal of 80's and 90's Hero Icons were getting Comics in Recent Years but this Completely took me off Guard today with this Announcement. Rainbow Brite was one of the 1st if not the 1st Character I could call as a child a SuperHero and her Mythos had a Big Impact on Me! So to hear her Story is going to get add-on to the Cannon after Nearly 30 Years since the Cannon mostly Ended is just Pure EPIC IMO! =)

The 1st Issue will have some Variant Covers as well and The Book has a Pretty Epic Team working on it;

Writer: Jeremy Whitley ~ Marvel's Unstoppable Wasp!
    Artist : Brittney Williams ~ Marvel's Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!

This will be a Monthly Series!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My sister had one. I saw the toon in passing. What would be the storylines?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My sister had one. I saw the toon in passing. What would be the storylines?
    As of now the Only Details we have sound like the start of the Story that are from the CBR Article:

In Rainbow Brite, Wisp and Willow are best friends who live in a small town. They are inseparable, until one night Wisp discovers something is stealing the color from the world. To escape their grasp, Wisp must use her wits and the help of a new friend…from somewhere else! Then the adventure begins…
    Sounds like it might be starting out as an origin Story in a way, maybe giving background to Rainbow Brite before she become Rainbow, cause her original Human Name is WISP.

My only guess is that if this is the case it takes place before the events of the orginal 1st intro episode, to gain more background watch the Video below to help.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks. That intro helped some. It did indicate that whoever Rainbow Brite is, the title is a moniker. So a prelude makes sense.
    Heck, there could have been several Rainbow Brites I suppose. Like a Green Lantern or Flash, Brite is a moniker to be held.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks. That intro helped some. It did indicate that whoever Rainbow Brite is, the title is a moniker. So a prelude makes sense.
    Heck, there could have been several Rainbow Brites I suppose. Like a Green Lantern or Flash, Brite is a moniker to be held.
    Glad to Help and Honestly it really is Interesting thinking on the Various ways Jeremy Whitley could approach this book with the examples you gave cause I have thought of them too, Mostly the Green Lantern Example.

Since the air of the Original Show, going espically with Green Lantern Mythos, we have had new and innovative stories and lore made about the various forms of the unique powers of Light and the effects of Emotional Color Spectrums just in Green Lantern alone thanks to Geoff Johns runs alone, heck all this is making me more interesting in going back to read those stories to get more in-depth about the Lore of Color Spectrums alone, but I have many reasons to read Geoff Johns Green Lantern Runs already, need to make time for them!

But it shows how Unique of an Idea Rainbow Brite really was back in the 80's, more then I figured originally back in the day and how other properties in their own Unique ways went with something similar to those powers, not directly referencing, but oddly similar and how that can effect how Jeremy Whitley might write the book in the powers area alone!

Rainbow Brite #1 by Jeremy Whitley and Brittney Williams Comes Out tomorrow, October 3rd and the Final Previews just came In Recently!

https://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/v...13027348201011