Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Default Joanna Cargill/ Frenzy Appreciation Thread

Joanna Cargill first appeared under the alias of Frenzy, working with the Alliance of Evil. Over time, she joined the Acolytes, now using the alias Cargill and extremely devoted to the cause of Magneto. She was with the Acolytes during the fall of Avalon, and later escaped prison with them. Cargill was later forced to help the X-Men, and left as soon as she was freed from Jean's control. Cargill returned to the Acolytes after M-Day and fought with them during Messiah Complex. When Exodus was trying to save Professor X after, Cargill tried to kill the Professor, only to be injured by a then human Magneto. Professor X would return and fix her mind, and she would then follow the majority of mutants to San Francisco, and soon Utopia. After the events of the Age of X, she would join Rogue's team of X-Men, alongside Magneto. She is currently a member of the X-Men at the Jean Grey School For Higher Learning.

Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

One of the more underappreciated X-Men, Frenzy came into her own during Carey’s run. She’s been around for ages. Probably best known for being an Acolyte of Magneto during his Asteroid M days. After House of M she was one of the few that kept her powers and like so many others fell back to Utopia. During the AoX story Joanna got a taste of something new. All her life she’d been an adrenaline junky but always went to the darker sides of things. Being in AoX, being married and in love with that “reality’s” Cyclops and putting her life on the line every day to protect people around her made her feel good. She loved the feeling of being a hero and fighting for something other than herself and whims. From that point on, she strived to be something more. And that’s what I admire about her the most. Unlike a lot of the X-Men she chose to be an X-Man because it was a life worth living, not because she owed someone something, or needed help controlling her powers. But because she wanted to be a hero.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

What are her best feats?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Thank you for starting this thread. I think Frenzy is absolutely amazing! And definitely under appreciated.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

might as well have just started an Acolytes thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    might as well have just started an Acolytes thread.
    I disagree. She’s separated herself from the Acolytes. Frenzy is long gone from her Acoyltes days and is now an X-Man.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I disagree. She’s separated herself from the Acolytes. Frenzy is long gone from her Acoyltes days and is now an X-Man.
    what team is she on?

BANNED

Oh man, I love Joanna. Marvel could give me this beautiful gift. :-)
    It would be amazing to see these two together again. ;-)

Love those scenes of Frenzy and Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what team is she on?
    Umm she’s on the team called The X-Men....She use to be on a team called Acolytes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ... She is currently a member of the X-Men at the Jean Grey School For Higher Learning. ...
    I did not know this. I thought her most recent appearance was in last year's Secret Empire: United, with that other live wire, Sunfire:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Thank you for starting this thread. I think Frenzy is absolutely amazing! And definitely under appreciated.
    YES! Way to go DPT, you're the man!!

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    What are her best feats?
    Her history as a hero isn't a long one. Like I said in my first post, she's probably best known as a Acolyte but after AoX she's became more than that. I think we saw what she could be strangely enough during AoX. Much like when she was an acolyte, she was a soldier. But instead of hurting people for fun, she protected people. She fought for everything she was worth and did it to shield life. She morned the death of her comrades so much that even after it was shown to be a farse she took anything said sideways about them personally. She doesn't have the clout to lead, but you can't say the same in AoX she led. And she did it proudly.

Carey wrote her like a real life breathing woman. Afterwards she looked at her life and chose to follow that one. I think it's honorable and she has a level depth most A list X-Men have never approached.

Her most memorable for me was the AvX tie in from Gage's Legacy. When the Avengers showed up to lay down the law, Joanna wasn't having it. You can say she goaded the conflict but she was one of the first X-Men to call the Avengers out on their BS and she wasn't going to stand for it that close to the students.
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I did not know this. I thought her most recent appearance was in last year's Secret Empire: United, with that other live wire, Sunfire:

That was the write up from the Marvel site. I didn't even know she was part of Secret Empire! But that last time I saw here was in Asmus' All New Inhumans. She was pretending to attack the Inhumans as a PR stunt and in return the Inhumans were to help find a cure for the T-Mist cloud sickness with mutants.
    Guild Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    That was the write up from the Marvel site. I didn't even know she was part of Secret Empire! But that last time I saw here was in Asmus' All New Inhumans. She was pretending to attack the Inhumans as a PR stunt and in return the Inhumans were to help find a cure for the T-Mist cloud sickness with mutants.
    I'll just pretend that never happened, after all the inhumans are gone and dead, long live frenzy!