Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Harley Quinn Birds of Prey movie?

According to websites such as newsarama. The next Harley flick will team her up with black canary, Barbra Gordon and Cassandra Cain.

We NEED this actress (Jeeja Yanin) to play Cassandra :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-TY2NlLJFQ

Its a scene from a Thai action film called Chocolate. Jeeja plays a young autistic girl who can mimic the fighting skills of others...

What do you think?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    According to websites such as newsarama. The next Harley flick will team her up with black canary, Barbra Gordon and Cassandra Cain.

We NEED this actress (Jeeja Yanin) to play Cassandra :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-TY2NlLJFQ

Its a scene from a Thai action film called Chocolate. Jeeja plays a young autistic girl who can mimic the fighting skills of others...

What do you think?
    I think she's 34 and about 15 to 20 years older than what they're looking for.
    And that she played that young autistic girl in Chocolate 10 years ago.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I thought the rumor was that Barbara won’t be the BoP movie. If she’s not in the movie about her team, I probably won’t go see it.

Retired

With Margot Robbie as the star and one of the producers, casting the other women is going to be difficult. They need actresses that have enough popularity to bring in the audience but not so popular that they overshadow Robbie. It's a fine line to walk.

I don't know why they don't just make HARLEY QUINN. I could see the point in introducing the character in an ensemble movie like SUICIDE SQUAD, but now that they know they can make a movie with the character as the star and Robbie is so invested in playing her, just do that. WB/DC seems to do best with solo super-hero movies not team movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I thought the rumor was that Barbara won’t be the BoP movie. If she’s not in the movie about her team, I probably won’t go see it.
    There are a whole bunch of conflicting rumours, one of which has her in the film but not as Batgirl.

Personally, I'm not giving any of them the slightest credibility.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I would only be interested in a movie about the classic Oracle/Black Canary/Huntress version of the team (though other characters, including Harley, could be added.) But that will not happen since AFAIK neither Oracle nor Helena Bertinelli even exist in the current DCU.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There are a whole bunch of conflicting rumours, one of which has her in the film but not as Batgirl.

Personally, I'm not giving any of them the slightest credibility.
    That would make more sense, though it would be strange if she didn’t debut as Batgirl first and then become Oracle.
    I’m wondering if they’re keeping her out of this movie for a solo film. That is, of course, if this rumor is true.

Like you said, there’s so much being said about this film it’s best not to take it as a fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I would only be interested in a movie about the classic Oracle/Black Canary/Huntress version of the team (though other characters, including Harley, could be added.) But that will not happen since AFAIK neither Oracle nor Helena Bertinelli even exist in the current DCU.
    There is a Helena Bertinelli in the current DCU last time I checked, but she seems very distinct from the classic Helena Bertinelli.

I'm soooooooo pumped for this movie to come out. I'm a huge Harley Quinn fan

Harley on the Birds of Prey makes no sense. Harley as an heroic or antiheroic character makes no sense.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Retired

The only way that it makes sense is if Harley is the villain and the whole movie is just her killing off all the Birds of Prey one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Harley on the Birds of Prey makes no sense. Harley as an heroic or antiheroic character makes no sense.
    That's how she is in the comics....

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That's how she is in the comics....
    Ever since they destroyed her character in the New 52.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Disagree. But she was doing the hero thing before that in a way she's kinda like Deadpool both starting out as bad guys and all.

BANNED

Paul Dini did the same thing to her in the old post-Crisis universe. Have her get over the Joker and become more heroic, I mean.