View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would not say everyone exactly, the first time Magneto got written in a more ambigous way was during Secret Wars I by Jim Shooter..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I was just thinking of that very scene, where the heroes (and Magneto) appear in one batch, and the villains in a second batch, leading to some consternation among the heroes (FF, Spidey, Avengers), and the X-Men splitting off from the 'hero' group to form their own third group.

And then Magneto and Wasp having a kinda/sorta fling? How random was that... Magneto, Alex Summers, create an AU and she ends up with the oddest mutants...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Lol she even made a reference about it when she was with Alex

I donīt think that one night stand makes him your ex-boyfriend Janet, especially when you did it just to know his plans, that was mean
    Attachment 88535
    I reckon the comicbook character Magneto being attracted to the comicbook character Wasp, was because she happens to be a brunette, like the comicbook character Magda..
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #125 Sep 1979
    In orbit around Earth is Asteroid M, Magneto’s secret hideout. He is still recovering from injuries sustained in his last battle with the X-Men.
    While reviewing his computer records of his previous battles with the original team,
    he accidentally accesses an old data file on his late wife Magda.

Seeing her face causes him to recall the painful memory of the death of their child at the hands of bigoted peasants,
    as well as how Magda fled from him in fear when he used his powers to avenge their daughter.
    He deletes the file so that he does not have to relive the memories again.

https://mistress-lorna-dane.tumblr.c...e-worried-that

As this post points out, Magneto has gotten along better with Lorna than he has with the Maximoffs.

Ultimate Member

Oh goodness, I'd forgotten that Magneto's 'real name' was Magnus, back then, as opposed to Erik or Max or whatever-the-heck it is this week, to go with his pin-the-tail-on-the-ethnicity. (Is he Romani? Jewish? Mutant-American? All of the above?)

Oh goodness, I'd forgotten that Magneto's 'real name' was Magnus, back then, as opposed to Erik or Max or whatever-the-heck it is this week, to go with his pin-the-tail-on-the-ethnicity. (Is he Romani? Jewish? Mutant-American? All of the above?)
    He's Jewish.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

I reckon the comicbook character Magneto being attracted to the comicbook character Wasp, was because she happens to be a brunette, like the comicbook character Magda..
    He does seem to have a type:

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-21-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

But then we also need to add Briar and Suzana and they are more like red heads than brunette imo

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Heīs german jewish born Max Einsenhardt according to his definitive origin in Magneto Testament but took the identity of Erik Magnus Lensherr, a romani, when he was looking for Magda after the death of their daughter. Thereīs a posibility he took the name Erik from his uncle Erich Einsenhardt. Given he also used to be a double agent he must have a lot of alias but those two names are the ones he uses the most.

BANNED

I'd like it if for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the MCU Erich Einsenhardt is the MCU Magneto's grandfather since I liked the Adreas and Andrea von Strucker Fenris being the great grand-father and great grand-aunt..

BANNED

..of Andy and Lauren Strucker...

BANNED

..aka FENRIS.

Boisterously Confused

I didn't see an option I prefer. I prefer them as they were created, as mutants, but haven't liked the Magneto connection from the get-go. It's one of those many things - like everybody in the continuity short of Galactus, having met Wolverine in some past, untold story - that shrinks the MU into a small, almost inbred community.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I didn't see an option I prefer. I prefer them as they were created, as mutants, but haven't liked the Magneto connection from the get-go. It's one of those many things - like everybody in the continuity short of Galactus, having met Wolverine in some past, untold story - that shrinks the MU into a small, almost inbred community.
    I know.

I only really like the Whizzer and Miss America as the twins parents, but they are both dead now and we never got any parent/child power usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know.

I only really like the Whizzer and Miss America as the twins parents, but they are both dead now and we never got any parent/child power usage.
    I didn't think that one made sense. Because they were American, and the twins were very much not. Which is likely why they changed it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Plus, the Whizzer is a pretty stupid code name.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

IIRC that was Roy Thomas that proposed that one. He was very much into linking the Golden Age heroes to current Marvel heroes. But then I guess he got that from Stan and Jack when they had Johnny finding an amnesiac Namor in a flop house in NYC's Bowery