View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Lightbulb Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My idea is this: Wanda and Pietro were the children of Magneto until Wanda altered reality so they were never the children of Magneto.
    Their past has been retconned so many times that one more won't kill them, but there are quite a few stories, particularly with Quicksilver, where his mutant status and even his status as the son of Magneto are essential.
    Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think the Marvel flip flop approach to continuity is a big problem. I liked them as the children of Magneto. That's how it was for just about my entire life, but now that it's gone they need to move along and really avoid looking back. they'll probably mess around with the idea once they gain the movie rights to X-Men or something, though.
    March 20th 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    then they should definitely make it so that Polaris isn't Magneto's kid. she's not pulling her weight anyways.
    How is she not pulling her weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    How is she not pulling her weight?
    It's really about the X-Office not pulling their weight in how they use the daughter of their best character so they can use much blander ones, but that problem extends to most of the huchungus roster of X-Characters as well.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I don't get the obsession with making the Twins Magneto's kids.
    It's not like he raised them, they were honestly never really a family together, I do not see what is gained from being his kids other than being another example of every mutant needing to be X-Men related.
    Last edited by Dicer; 03-14-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    I don't get the obsession with making the Twin's Magneto's kids.
    It's not he raised them, they were honestly never really a family together, I do not see what is gained from being his kids other than being another example of every mutant needing to be X-Men related.
    they, literally, started out as x-villains.

Extraordinary Member

Right, but they didn't start out as Magneto's children. That came much later and even after they became Magneto's children, it didn't come up in the comics very often. (Chris Claremont's X-Men completely ignored the retcon; I'm not sure if he even mentioned it.)

Wanda and Pietro as Magneto's children became a bigger thing in the X-Men cartoons and, eventually, in the comics, but there's still a split on how important this is to their characters. Like, something was definitely lost when their MCU versions couldn't say they were mutants or introduce them working for Magneto, but was something important lost because they couldn't be Magneto's children? I don't think so, but that's because of when and where I got to like the characters.

The most important thing to come from the twins being Magneto's contrivance is House of M, an event where the twist was literally that it all happened because of Pietro and Wanda's relationship and Magneto had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Right, but they didn't start out as Magneto's children.
    they started out as two young people who were part of a brotherhood of evil mutants. technically, they didn't have parents at that point. that came much later (as did the notion of Magneto even having children). but Magneto was the closest thing that they had to a father figure, at that point. the current retcon took away their mutancy; something that was extremely important in the past (even prior to Magneto being the dad). Wanda has her own magic related stories. but what does Pietro have?

BANNED

And then became Avengers, which for their history is far more relevant and important.

Pietro has Avengers stories and the recent mini has cracked open his powers as their own thing to explore with the potential to time-stop and speed phantoms and other Flash-type things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    And then became Avengers, which for their history is far more relevant and important.
    are you sure? how many of Wanda's big stories involved Magneto? why was Luna kidnapped? Pietro's primary personality traits and Wanda's mental instability have both been attributed to Magneto. i'd say that the relevant part is that it's Magneto's kids who turned on him and joined the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Pietro has Avengers stories and the recent mini has cracked open his powers as their own thing to explore with the potential to time-stop and speed phantoms and other Flash-type things.
    the source of his power potential is Magneto. take Magneto out of the equation and Pietro would have remained a guy who runs fast.

BANNED

are you sure? how many of Wanda's big stories involved Magneto? why was Luna kidnapped? Pietro's primary personality traits and Wanda's mental instability have both been attributed to Magneto. i'd say that the relevant part is that it's Magneto's kids who turned on him and joined the Avengers.
    Honestly, you're just making a good argument for why they're better off without him.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Marvel posted this on their official Instagram account which clears up any doubts.
    I mean, it's nice to see but it absolutely does not clear up doubts since what's on the website isn't part of the canon of the comics. However, to the extent it has any weight, it adds to the confusion.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    If I wanted to read comics where the continuity changed every few years, I'd pick up more DC stuff. I find it bizarre that Marvel spend much of the last 40 years laughing at DC's flip-flopping only to follow suit themselves.
    Yeah, but DC flip-flops the history of the entire DC universe while Marvel flip-flops the history of a character within the 616 Marvel Universe.